The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

A great, friendly, dynamic environment
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC29 January 2017
Great people, great work environment, sadly not enough job security unless you're contracted.
Would definitely recommend them however, if you're looking for very casual or on call work.
fun place good workers good team!
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Sorell TAS6 December 2016
very fun sad i had to leave would love to work in retail again i love it im keen to get back into again just looking for a chance will bring 110 percent like i did for them!!
Pros
friendly people
Cons
had to go
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW25 May 2016
It was a great work enviroment. I needed more of a Challange for my work and skills. but the atmosphere was great and so was the workers.
productive and fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA11 May 2016
A typical day at The Reject Shop was working on the check outs, putting stock away when not busy, handing large amounts of money.
While working at The Reject Shop I learnt how to work with a team in, I also learnt how to do customer service, I learnt how to put away stock in a reasonable amount of time.
The management at The Reject Shop was really good, they all worked as a team, same as the co-workers.
there wasn't really anything I found hard working at The Reject Shop. I found the most enjoyable part was getting to know everyone and learning new things everyday about the jobs I had to do.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
not alot of hours
Fun and good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarina QLD3 May 2016
Work was always fun, the management was always flexible and could always put me in shifts when I needed them. I enjoyed all aspects of the job, especially the customer service. The worst part was cleaning the toilet.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Cleaning the toilet
Disappointing.
Customer Service, Cash (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 February 2016
When I originally went for my interview, I was promised a minimum of 15 hours a week, and ended up getting only 4. The staff members were great to work with though, a few managers were a bit difficult to talk to. Training was done properly, everybody knew what they were doing when the store opened (as us staff members helped set it up because it was a new store).
Pros
Great staff, easy-going environment
Cons
Managers were hard to talk to, not enough hours
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Gawler SA30 December 2015
I was responsible for serving costumers on the register, helping costumers find products in store, I would also answer phones. When the store wasn't busy with costumers I would restock shelves, and at the end of each day I would recover the front of the store if I was on the register.
I learnt a lot while working at the reject shops such as register skills, how to recover and restock shelves, people skills and communication skills.
The management of the store was very good, and the co-workers where very nice and helpful.
There wasn't anything really hard about the job it was all quite enjoyable, as I love learning new things.
Pros
Helpful and friendly people
Cons
There where no cons
Fun workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Figtree NSW30 November 2015
The Reject Shop is a fun environment to work in, lovely people and well trained staff. It has made me more confident as a person and has given me good customer service skills.
Hardest part of this job was balancing it with school commitments
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, TAS1 November 2015
Busy work place, supportive management however sometimes challenging customers.
Erratic shifts and difficult to manage with school hours but great experience.
customer service (Former Employee) –  South West Rocks11 October 2015
Great work, good money, great staff, good location South West Rocks shopping center, lots to do everyday, no hard work ever, being a people person must come naturally
was a fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berri, SA4 August 2015
I loved working for the reject shop it was a shame that they only had two days stock take work as would of loved to stay working there
Interesting workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dandenong1 July 2015
It was an alright choice to experience in for work experience but it was not somewhere I would proceed to work at. The management was okay, except they were quite harsh as they had always put a team member and I to work together and unpack products but then complain about it. The hardest part of the job but the constant lifting boxes from shelfs as high as 2.5 Metres. The enjoyable part was the friendly staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
90% of the time was lifting boxes
Good environment to work if I could get the hours I need
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD9 June 2015
If I could get more hours I would really love working there.
Most of the staff are great and we have a good team spirit.
The pay, when I get shifts, is really good
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Insufficient hours provided
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  morayfield QLD14 January 2015
it was a really great place to work. fun environment.
ive learnt more to customer service and different tasks.
management was good, just needed to sort out the roster better and fair to all staff
fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hobart, TAS30 March 2014
Lovely people to work with but very low with shifts. easy to pick up what you need to know and is a good company with lots of opportunities for the right people
Pros
great people
Cons
hardly any hours given out
good place to work
Customer service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Legana, TAS19 February 2014
good place to work, when there is work, managment is amazing at working around your needs and are caring considerate and compassionate.
Pros
relaiable management team
Cons
not enough hours
Reject Shop
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Mount Druitt26 November 2013
A typical day at the reject shop is picking heavy object on high shelf of the store. I have learnt how to pick and pack things of shelf, clean up the aisles and customer service.
The co-workers in the reject shop are easy to get a long with and are people who understand you.
the hardest thing working in the reject shop is lifting heavy objects and stacking them on shelf's or moving them around. one of the enjoyments of working in the Reject shop is seeing the customers happy with the outcome their purchase.
great environment
customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  toombul,QLD & Morayfield,QLD4 October 2012
the reject shop is the best company i have worked at as far as i have gotten within the work company.
Pros
friendly co- workers
Cons
n/a