The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant37 reviews
Australia37 reviews
Working at the reject shop was very stressful as their management changes very frequently. The training i received was poor and i was expected to figure everything out myself. The hours were low (depending on the manager) but the wage earned was fairly good
Pros
Wage
Cons
My favourite thing about this job was the fact that even though it was a job, I still got excited about coming in to work. If there was an extra shift, it wasn't hard to say yes.
This job is fun, comfortable and overall great for someone still in school or uni.
Unless you want to get tread on like a piece of dirt, do not work here, I worked in multiple stores (all between rockingham and fremantle) and all were the same
pay was ok but they give u max 3 hours a week AND they cut your shifts entirely if you make one small mistake.

Nobody ever points out the good, only the bad things that you've done which aren't even that big, but they make it seem like you've ruined the company, and thus threaten to cut your HEFTY 3 hours shifts.

Overall the only thing I learnt from working here was how to deal with managers and people higher up (area/regional managers) that will belittle you and treat you like TRASH.
Absolutely terrible company policies, procedures, management and HR. Everyone is out to look for one person only and that’s themselves. You are a number, you will be worked into the ground, you will be sh&t on and God forbid you ask for help or stand up for your rights. Most terrible company I have ever worked for. No wonder they’re doing so poorly. Good Riddance.
Fantastic manager, staff, store, etc
I am extremely happy with my time here and wish I could have stayed longer!

I highly recommend that if you are a young person not sure of where to begin, The Reject Shop is the best place to start. Particularly the one in Traralgon
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff, discount card, store is easy to navigate, great hours
Cons
N/a
Fast paced work place but unfortunately if you find yourself in a position with not so positive people you just become a number and the work life balance starts to disappear.
Pros
good staff discount
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
Management are terrible and the HR don't help. With anything if you like being treated like a dog and getting paid like bad then this is the job for you. Also don't forget to be either family or friends with the manager you you get priority over everyone else with shifts
Pros
Cons
Alot
I enjoy working at the rejects shop as the customers are friendly and I am able to communicate with a range of people.I have learned how to speak to people, how to maintain a positive personality even in hard situations, how to problem solve and how to deal with money. Workplace culture is good and management is as well. The hardest part of the job is working hard but never achieving anything, or dealing with challenging customers. The most enjoyable part is working with fun people and great customers!
Pros
helps to build important skills
Cons
not good enough pay or shifts
I was bullied alot working here. Not fun, was made to feel weak and useless not funn hated it hate my life stop this is annoying omg hlp me stop omg this is uslss
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Reject Shop?
The Reject Shop was a well organised work environment. Support given, training provided and fair wages. Very professional organisation that looks after their staff.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours and shifts.
didn't like the workplace at all since everything in there seemed unorganised almost everyday. the manager was really unorganised. I had a hard time settling in.
Was a awesome workplace, got to meet and interact with a wide variety of people either as customers, boss's or fellow employees. it assisted me in gain superior customer service skills and training was always available to insure skills were developed
Pros
Big discounts store wide
Cons
Shifts were too short
Working at The Reject Shop was a great experience for a long term job. Working with amazing people and making lifelong friends. It helped me overcome my anxiety and I now find myself feeling confident and enjoy speaking to many people.
Pros
Great team to work with
The reject shop is a great place to work as a teenager. the managment staff are great, the hours are usually good but can be tiresome if they don't rotate your duties.
Pros
$25 gift card annually
Cons
i worked at rejected for only 2 weeks. I gain skills from stacking up shelves and communicating with customers for the first time as it was my first time working.
- A typical day at work includes moving stock around and arranging them on shelves. Meeting new and old customers everyday that are good in nature and polite to staff.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Quite times
Good job for casual school leaver.
Pay was on par with what the workload required.

Good management but not a job for the future.

Close to home at main shops
Pros
Easy
Cons
Reject Shop
Very unhappy place to work.
Management was discracgeful

3 strike system which was unfair

hours horrible

Staff not very friendly

worked like slaves

no incentives
I enjoy working there, the customers and fellow employees are fun and very sociable. You learn communication and interpersonal skills which are the most valuable when working retail
A typical day is generally a pretty relaxed one, busy but relaxed. The teammates are friendly and so is management. They taught me how to interact with customers from all backgrounds respectfully and with confidence, they supported me when dealing with difficult customers and whilst undergoing my HSC they were understanding of my schedule and gave me all the support I needed.
Pros
great staff
Cons
maybe some difficult customers
front of shop cashier serving customers keeping shop clean intake stock take price checks security checks promoting sales at counter disturbing catalogs