The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Customer service
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Tasmania10 November 2016
I currently work at the reject shop as a team member/sales assistant I do enjoy working here but it is becoming very very frustrating lately when they say their number one focus is customer service and most times there is only a register operator and one other staff member working in a big store, one person on the shop floor can't do everything and there is no one customers can go to with assistance and what if something happens health wise there is no one because there is no staff being put on because they are always focusing too much on their budgets instead of customer service.
Pros
Great team, good managers, merchandising stock
Cons
Lack of staff
Chilled workplace and great people.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park VIC20 September 2016
I honestly had to deal with some of the nicest people I've ever met. Although it was only two weeks, I've learnt to much and built up my confidence when it comes to working with new people and interacting with new people every single day.
the reject shop
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goulburn NSW4 August 2016
it was a great place to work when they would actually give you shifts and put you on the roster. my boss was great she always tried to help out when she could with shifts. i was terminated because i didnt get alot of shifts at least thats what the email says yes i was let go because i wasnt getting any shifts from them when i had asked every single day to be put on the roster.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
not many shifts
Fun and Professional
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forster NSW7 July 2016
I worked in this particular store while doing my HSC, it was a professional and fun workplace for casual employment. I enjoyed the two years i was there and made some great friendships.
Challenging but the good kind
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2016
A typical day at TRS would be splitting the pallets, loading the trolleys and getting the stock out, or working the stock on the overheads, ticketing products both new and old stock, serving customers with exceptional customer service skills.
At the end of each day in the last hour or two our team will start recovery (meaning that we clean the store going through everything aisle per aisle ensuring that all stock is in its rightful place, ticketing is correct, no loose stock) any loose stock found goes in a basket up the front ready to be returned.
A staff member will start sorting through all the baskets and then we end up with wastage/mark-downs/theft etc.
Since working with TRS I have developed strong communication skills, improved on my leadership skills, and have learnt to work independently in my own section. Prior to working at TRS I was always unsure and doubting my capability. I have learnt how to merchandise, work with promotion, use an RF, check inventory and even take pride in my work.
Pros
part-time, friendly faces, regulars
Cons
not enough hours
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW25 May 2016
Great work place enviroment.Great people to work with just needed more of a challange.the work was to easy for my liking.
Safe workplace with barely-there benifits and hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW22 March 2016
I Had only applied as a Christmas Casual, but my hours were often either sparse or uncertain. After a raise due to my turiing 17, even after being promised more hours and discussing my availabilities, my hours dropped to 0. I learnt how to operate a cash register and deal with difficult customers. A typical day was rather ordinary, with uncertain amounts of customers, and coworkers on-call within the store for aid. My co-workers were supportive for the best part, however did not strive to get along. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of the keyboard, but the easiest was managing the front of the store.
Pros
Discounts, friendly fellow staff, support
Cons
Uncertain hours
All over good work experiance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW24 February 2016
great working environment with great hours and great co workers great for work experience and a basic 9 to 5 job Awesome look forward to my next job.
Pros
Great work experiance
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Proserpine, QLD25 November 2015
fun work place with supportive management. very considerate and flexible hours. the job includes you would expect for a sales assistant, e.g cash handling, register work, restocking. unfortunately there aren't many ways to advance in a few years, otherwise a great place to work.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough advancement opportunities
An enjoyable workplace environment with wonderful hardworking staff.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lara, VIC21 October 2015
The Reject Shop is an enjoyable place of work with supportive management and coworkers. The Reject Shop is a place filled with helpful and hardworking staff that strive to deliver the best possible service to their customers.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC18 May 2015
Learnt how to talk to and help customers in a polite manner, how to resolve problems, how to stock shelves, proper way to handle money. etc.
Fun place to work.
Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  Sale,12 May 2015
A typical day was spent doing customer service and stock control.
Loved working with the customers and interacting with them.