The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Team Member

Very friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gungahlin ACT5 June 2019
I was welcomed by all team members as an addition to their store, I learned new skills ie: how to create missing price labels for items on the shelves. I would help to open the store ready for the busy day ahead, I was predominately on the cash register but if it were quiet I would help to replenish the shelve, at keep my area clean at all times. I did not find anything hard about my job, I most enjoyed assisting the customers and ensuring they left us happy and wanting to return to our store again. I was disappointed to leave after such a short time but we had decided to relocate to Queensland.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
there were none
I really enjoy working at The Reject Shop
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor NSW10 February 2019
It is a fun and productive environment, where individuals are given the opportunity to gain a new range of skills and experiences. The company heavily supports its workers to ensure their health and safety.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2018
The Reject Shop was very fun for me to work at. I made heaps of friends and learnt a lot of skills which will benefit me in the long run. The hardest part was definitely how busy it got during Christmas.
Pros
Discounts on products
A good place to earn your retail skills
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW 21509 August 2018
The Reject Shop is a good place to earn your retail skills, They provide essential experiences and skills that are heavily customer based and also they provide a competent and reliable training both personal and online to which enhances an trainee's skills.
Pros
Excellent and Easy to learn Store Operations
Loved working here
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD4 May 2018
Loved working here, management team was awesome and easy to talk to about any problems, team I was with was also great to work with and everyone works hard to reach all store goals
job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Maryborough QLD22 January 2018
great place to work great people to work with but communication and job stability are lacking

helping customers is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
freindly staff/team
Cons
lacking of hours for workers
It has pros, and it has cons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga South NSW8 December 2017
Significant lack of true organisation, leaving a laid back feeling, learnt skills that helped in life, and made several lifelong friends. The culture is friendly, but the disorganisation and lack of notification from up the chain to those lower leaves you feeling not so great about your job.
Pros
Laid back, learnt important skills, made lifelong friends
Cons
Lack of true organisation
Very helpful as a first job, gave me experience in retail and in a workplace environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Deagon QLD22 November 2017
This job was my first job and I have gained a lot of experience working with customers and other employees through this opportunity. I learnt to deal with customer enquiries and responsibilities and care as an employee.
lovely place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW27 October 2017
the reject shop is a great place to work offering good flexible hours and many chances to progress your career also offering a great discount available at anyreject shop australia wide
Pros
felxable hours and store discounts
Cons
very busy environment
Fast paced and exciting workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marion SA29 August 2017
Everyday at The Reject Shop is different as I am interacting with new customers. I have learned time management, customer service skills, how to collaborate in order to effectively complete a task and merchandising during my time at the Reject Shop. The workplace culture is friendly and comfortable, as everyone gets along at work. The hardest part of the job is the lack of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with customers.
Cons
Not enough hours
Alright
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD7 August 2017
I didn't quite enjoy working at The Reject Shop because they didn't take inconsideration that I was at uni and needed time off work to study. However, the company taught me customer service skills, stock handling and register work.
Fun Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD2 August 2017
- Learned better social skills
- Learned the value of money
- Fun workplace culture, good employees
- Completed daily cleanups, put out stock, worked on registers
productive and well organised
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Fields NSW16 March 2017
The Reject shop was a long but fun day as a cash register person. Team members/ my role was to interact with the customers whether they purchased or not. It was a friendly environment. When the queue was empty we would clean and put things back in place.
Enjoyable workplace and friendly team members
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moree NSW2 February 2017
My most enjoyable part at the reject shop is that you get to learn the different departments in through out the reject shop, gain more skills and absolutely amazing team members.
Great workplace, minimum hrs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 January 2017
The only con about working at The Reject Shop is the lack of hrs too many staff, they prefer to hire the younger ones they are cheaper to hire but they're unreliable most of the time. It also depends on the manager you have to i have had good and bad ones. The one i have is a bit in between. I have been working with the company for over 8 years now and I'm still a part timer and looking for a new job where i'm not constantly on register. I like to have variety in my job.
Pros
Friendly staff, easy jobs.
Cons
Not enough hrs, management, Difficult customers, stsnding in one place for a long time.
Convenient location and little bit higher than most retail wages
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southport QLD22 July 2016
I worked at The Reject Shop for 3 Years approx working mainly on the cash register dealing with customer service sales, cleaning and organizing stock was receiving pretty constant work for two year but business became bad and my last shift was 5/3/16 the day of my birthday and pay rise
Pros
location, descent pay, understanding and discounts
Cons
lack of work, slowed business
Excellent working environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Armidale NSW30 May 2016
Typical day involves stacking shelves and attending to customers needs. Learned a lot about sales and merchandising. Management and fellow staff member are all wonderful people.
This working environment is highly enjoyable, but not enough shifts
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
Great first job with friendly staff.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cessnock NSW12 May 2016
The Reject Shop Cessnock is a great environment to work in especially for a first time worker like myself. The job consists of many obstacles but always get solved.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only hired as casual
fun and friendly place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA13 April 2016
Every now and then you will get an angry customer but there are lots of friendly customers. The team are always welcoming and make you feel part of The Reject Shop family.
Pros
working with a good team
Cons
inconsistent shifts
fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Noosa Heads QLD3 April 2016
it is typically a fun workplace with great co-workers, customer service is always a pain though. management could improve on some areas
Pros
friends at work
Cons
customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.