The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member65 reviews
Australia65 reviews
The company has great traits and goals in regards to offering great products and deals to those in need within the community! The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all kinds of people from all walks of life!
I worked there to get some work experience and travel experience with my school. It was calm, a bit burning, and I got to purchase things after we signed out for the day.
Pros
Cool Stuff for sale
Cons
Long Hours
I absolutely love working at The Reject Shop. The team members and management are so friendly. The pay is really generous for young adult rates, although shifts are limited. We also deal with theft a lot, but the positives of working here outweigh that.
Pros
Friendly staff, great pay
Cons
Low hours, theft
The reject shop is a good place to work for everyone who in search for jobs. It pays well and with excellent benefits for the team members. The manager are very keen to help the new and old team members.
the manager was so great but then the company decided to change management at the particular store. the new guy doesn't know what he's doing and is so incompetent. the customers are irritating and the job itself, although not hard, is repetitive, boring and can be exhausting. salary is good though
A typical work day for me was a mix of working at the register, cleaning and tidying up the front end. Management was good, and had a great workplace culture.
Fast pace working environment. All team-members were super friendly and always kept a high standard of professionalism and energy through-out the day.
Comfortable working environment
Easy pace

Lovely people

Always have something to do

Polite customers

Clean and stable environment

Unfortunately I didn’t get enough hours to stay there.
I worked here for about a year. I went through so much mental abuse that it caused me to leave because I needed to take care of myself. Wouldn’t recommend working here. I had to drag myself to work because I dreaded going knowing I would end up getting treated poorly.
Cons
I was welcomed by all team members as an addition to their store, I learned new skills ie: how to create missing price labels for items on the shelves. I would help to open the store ready for the busy day ahead, I was predominately on the cash register but if it were quiet I would help to replenish the shelve, at keep my area clean at all times. I did not find anything hard about my job, I most enjoyed assisting the customers and ensuring they left us happy and wanting to return to our store again. I was disappointed to leave after such a short time but we had decided to relocate to Queensland.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
there were none
The Reject Shop is a good start for anybody who has a lack of retail/supermarket type of job experience. The pay is generous as a casual, however it does come with a price. The management team whilst I was an employee appeared to have no respect for their employees, nor for their mental, physical and emotional well being, or just did not care enough. Whilst this was a good job, the way they let casuals go is, at least to say, horrible.
Pros
Casual wages were great.
Cons
Had no consideration of employees mental health state.
Positive work enviroment, with plenty of learning oppurtunity. I learned customer service and team managment skills. welcoming staff and team members.
The Reject Shop was the perfect place for someone who was still in school and get needed some extra cash.
The shifts were ok but they cut mine down to 3 hours once a fortnight.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
The management and treatment I had experienced at The Reject Shop, Maryborough store was awful. Bullying, laziness and incorrect following of procedure and protocol was quite common and not dealt with.
It is a fun and productive environment, where individuals are given the opportunity to gain a new range of skills and experiences. The company heavily supports its workers to ensure their health and safety.
My typical day at work is usually me at the registers serving customers, stocking the shelves and/or putting products back on the shelves for the next day. I have learned how to work quick on my feet as well as how to use a basic register system. I have learnt how to effectively communicate to customers and staff as well as recover and stock shelves. Overall the management is alright but could do with improving like the amount of hours given to staff as well as communication. The culture at the reject shop is okay. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy stock on shelves. The most enjoyable part of working at the reject shop is getting to work with lovely people.
Cons
Not enough hours, not getting a break
Really fun, lots going on in the workplace. Normal retail job but you get a lot of interesting characters coming into the shop for nice and cheap savings.
The Reject Shop was very fun for me to work at. I made heaps of friends and learnt a lot of skills which will benefit me in the long run. The hardest part was definitely how busy it got during Christmas.
Pros
Discounts on products
Good place to work, friendly and flexible hours. Don't get a lot of hours though and there isn't a lot you can advance in unless you've been there for a while. Great for a first job or side job.
A typical day is serving customers and doing stock. I learned people skills and how to handle cash. The best part is getting to know customers and work colleges. The hardest part of the job is getting very few hours a week.
Cons
short hours
The Reject Shop is a good place to earn your retail skills, They provide essential experiences and skills that are heavily customer based and also they provide a competent and reliable training both personal and online to which enhances an trainee's skills.
Pros
Excellent and Easy to learn Store Operations