The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastgardens NSW25 September 2017
Very unhappy place to work.
Management was discracgeful
3 strike system which was unfair
hours horrible
Staff not very friendly
worked like slaves
no incentives
A fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cessnock NSW20 September 2017
It is an amazing place to work.
Friendly and customer orientated
Very flexible and understanding with appointments and commitments
Constant teamwork
i enjoyed the people i worked with
Merchandiser/Back Up Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA18 September 2017
I worked with The reject shop up until I had my first bundle of joy, I would have loved to continue my employment but eli was still beastfeeding.
overall being a team leader and being pregnant got a bit stressful for me, but the 4 years before I became pregnant were enjoyable and work was easy to fly through.
I learned great communication skills when I started as a young teenager, and they really came in handy.
Productive and fun work culture
Casual / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW7 September 2017
I enjoy working there, the customers and fellow employees are fun and very sociable. You learn communication and interpersonal skills which are the most valuable when working retail
Fast paced and exciting workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marion SA29 August 2017
Everyday at The Reject Shop is different as I am interacting with new customers. I have learned time management, customer service skills, how to collaborate in order to effectively complete a task and merchandising during my time at the Reject Shop. The workplace culture is friendly and comfortable, as everyone gets along at work. The hardest part of the job is the lack of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with customers.
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW27 August 2017
A typical day is generally a pretty relaxed one, busy but relaxed. The teammates are friendly and so is management. They taught me how to interact with customers from all backgrounds respectfully and with confidence, they supported me when dealing with difficult customers and whilst undergoing my HSC they were understanding of my schedule and gave me all the support I needed.
Pros
great staff
Cons
maybe some difficult customers
I really enjoy working at the Reject Shop great place to work
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Burwood East VIC24 August 2017
Ever since day one I have really enjoyed working at the Reject Shop 12 years ago and still to this day I really enjoy it, l would really like to try something different and learn new skills
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
N/a
Fun workplace, did provide fast workplace experience.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northcote VIC15 August 2017
Overall, it was a really good company to work for. From a fast pace working environment to supervising and leading a team this company provided the most experience in terms of hard work and looking after a large store.

I was also quite impressed with the board of directors of the company as they would often come in to check out the store and provide feedback whether it being good or bad. This showed to me that they aren't just sitting behind a desk looking at numbers but they want a first hand look at how the company is being run from store to store. That would have to be best thing about this company.

The reason why i left the company would be best explained in person.
Pros
Provided great experience in working for a fast pace environment.
Cons
Budgets were quite low leading to very few people working at a time in quite a large store.
great place to work great hours.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenhills NSW13 August 2017
great hours
great customer service
typical day is serving customers at the registers and inbetween customers cleaning around the registers and maintaining the floor and products.
Pros
god hours
Cons
some days busier than others
Some really good people.
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC7 August 2017
One of the best jobs i have had.Not enough staff rotation.Too much favouritism.One of those jobs where you would stay 20 years plus because of conditions and people.
Pros
Rdo's Ado's
Alright
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD7 August 2017
I didn't quite enjoy working at The Reject Shop because they didn't take inconsideration that I was at uni and needed time off work to study. However, the company taught me customer service skills, stock handling and register work.
they look after you
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gungahlin ACT7 August 2017
Work hard and you get rewarded, never really had a problem with the work culture. Theres always a one or two people who you wont want to work with but other than that the work culture is good and managers will treat you with respect. Since i've been with the company i don't have anything really bad to say about the reject shop.
Fun Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD2 August 2017
- Learned better social skills
- Learned the value of money
- Fun workplace culture, good employees
- Completed daily cleanups, put out stock, worked on registers
Customers were Wonderful
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Augusta SA1 August 2017
Not well managed and policy and procedures were not up to scratch.
Needs to have better procedures for checkout operators and opening times should stay the same all year through.
Great
Team member (Former Employee) –  Taigum QLD 401831 July 2017
Good experience. i wish i didnt have to leave. Friendly and an amazing company to work for. Fantasic oppourtnity. Best team leaders. learn new skills like merchandising and much more.
Pros
friendly stuff
Management are Bullies
Storeperson / Forklift Driver / Reach Truck (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC DC28 July 2017
Unless your working as a contract casual the company are not interested in you. As a casual you are dispensable so that's more attractive. Very poor human relations.
Pros
They are stupid
Cons
They are hopeless
Great friendly work colleagues
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Engadine NSW27 July 2017
I have made genuine friends at The Reject Shop and will always carry the skills i learnt here with me forever.
The management team were like family, i could always rely on them as much as they relied on me.
Fun place to work, everyone is really nice.
Team Member/ Register Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie-Boulder WA25 July 2017
I enjoyed working at The Reject Shop, everyone is friendly and easy to get on with. Its a one stop shop for everything so the discount comes in handy.
Good team to work with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Australind WA18 July 2017
A typical day at work goes smoothly, there is occasional customer issues but that's just what happens in retail. when we can't refund a pet item for example because it's apart of our store policy they argue against us and that would be the worst part of the job. I have learned so much being there like the management side being team leader, learning to do the paper work and bank Also to open and close store confidently.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Pay rate
Great experince
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Endeavour Hills VIC16 July 2017
It was my first job, but thanks to the friendly staff I had no problems adjusting. I got to do shelfing, some administrative tasks but most importantly customer service. It was awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.