The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

Very fast paced place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 May 2017
It was a great job to have very fast paced and a great company, I never had any problems with this company I would not have left if I didn't have to due to my living arrangements
Great place to wook
STOREMAN / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC7 May 2017
Good place to work, friendly staff and good working conditions. Rotation around distribution center gave employees a chance to learn and see how other parts of the center worked.
Pros
friendly staff and manegent.
Cons
not much overtime.
Good opportunity to build a career
my current position of assistant floor manager (Current Employee) –  Mittagong NSW5 May 2017
The Reject Shop is a great place to build a career. The rate of pay is reasonable and there is always opportunities to move up if you are driven. Everyone is willing to help you and love to hear feedback from any employee who has questions.
fun and enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD15 April 2017
the Reject shop was a great place to work with friendly staff and have great ways of teaching new skills. the reject shop has great hours that easily fit in with day to day life.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
N/a
support
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seymour VIC10 April 2017
good work life balance and setup,
not enough support given to the store management, no room for error, no understanding, just follow text book rules..
Really hard work
STORE MANAGER - RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Preston VIC5 April 2017
Hard job to do
but a great work culture
too much pressure
they take advantage of under aged workers
store entirely depends on the manager
good long hours
Good first job
Team Member/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA4 April 2017
The reject shop is a friendly environment, mostly consists of register work, re filling shelves and customer service. Management is very on and off, depends on the person and their work ethic.
productive and well organised
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Fields NSW16 March 2017
The Reject shop was a long but fun day as a cash register person. Team members/ my role was to interact with the customers whether they purchased or not. It was a friendly environment. When the queue was empty we would clean and put things back in place.
work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Claremont TAS15 March 2017
its alright. some good people, some bad. but it can be a good place to work.

some manager are bad and others are amazing.

I guess it depends on which place you are in
Fun, diverse atmosphere
customer service in a busy atmosphere (Former Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW26 February 2017
At The Reject Shop, the typical day consisted of assisting customers with their needs, using the register to perform sales tasks, restocking of inventory. I learned how to deal with difficult customers, how to stock items properly, do returns and exchanges.
The job was quite easy and never challenging. It was enjoyable because my colleagues were very nice and helpful with everything.
great place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bundamba QLD23 February 2017
easy work with great people i found this place good for fitness and just a good start to general warehouse practices and good part time work to enjoy family life
Pros
get fit
Relaxed and beneficial
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 February 2017
My typical day at work was attending the cash register, cleaning up and tidying the isles near the register making sure the stock was neat. I would serve customers that purchased items and also greet them or assist them in finding items.

I learnt how to deal with difficult customers and to stay calm and not be rude.

The hardest part of my job was trying to keep myself occupied when there was nothing else to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was organising the store and putting stock away, as I like making things aesthetically pleasing.
Pros
Good break times, good pay
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW 25669 February 2017
Its the typical sales assistant job but its fun here. You get to build rapport with your colleagues and the customers. Enjoyable workplace even though it is fast paced, a lot ofjob rotation etc.
Pros
Rapport with colleagues and customers
Cons
Be more understanding to others
Cashier and Filling up stock (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD6 February 2017
I learned how to understand customers and be more friendly and inviting so that the public can easily visit the store again.
Pros
Discounts
Enjoyable workplace and friendly team members
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moree NSW2 February 2017
My most enjoyable part at the reject shop is that you get to learn the different departments in through out the reject shop, gain more skills and absolutely amazing team members.
A great, friendly, dynamic environment
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC29 January 2017
Great people, great work environment, sadly not enough job security unless you're contracted.
Would definitely recommend them however, if you're looking for very casual or on call work.
fun working place
Voice picking (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC26 January 2017
I have been working as voice picker the pay rate is above per industries and good management. I have learnt good working culture and working with different type of people. the management listen to all workers. they give individual freedom and choice. motivating working culture.hardest part is lifting heavy box. the most enjoyable part of the job is personal freedom.
Pros
not career development
Cons
caring for workers
Good pay, good discount. THATS ALL!
Team member (Current Employee) –  Queensland26 January 2017
Inexperienced team members given supervisor roles over experienced capable staff. Be prepared to stand on your feet all day, every day, every shift you get, at the register from open to close of store. No room for advancement, stupidity given advancement over experienced team members. Be prepared to walk and i mean walk from the register to impulse section and back again as soon as a customers comes 100 times a day, yes that is the job but no help given from other staff members who are "busy" moving items from here to there and then there to here and then change it the next day again. No talking, and i mean no talking ever at all even if its about an item in the store that you have a question about, unless of course you are part of the supervisor/management team. Selling ACS lines-really! how dumb do we look asking that. AND ive been to other reject stores and staff there did not ask me or other customers! Customers are generally good as usual within retail you get the odd weirdo or 5. Younger inexperienced staff (nightfill) putting items in wrong place/price tag and register person gets abused for it the next day because it scans wrong. No follow up on those issues because no one else gets stuck on the register shift and has to deal with it.
Pros
Good pay, good discount
Cons
On registers every day/shift, jobs are not shared with other capable staff.
Good work place
Retail Assistant cashier stock take (Former Employee) –  Wyong NSW26 January 2017
One of the best work places I have worked in. The staff were great the hours were also great. Had a very good experience and learned alot during my time here
Pros
The hours
Its a good job, but just not the one for me
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Springfield QLD23 January 2017
The reject shop was a good place for me to work casual while I was still in school. Now that I have graduated I want to take on a Part-time or Full-time job with more than 2 shifts a week. All the other team members are really friendly and supportive which made working a bit more fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.