The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

My shifts just kept declining
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW20 January 2017
Working at the reject shop helped me with confidence when talking to customers and solving problems. Then i just kept losing more and more shifts.
Great workplace, minimum hrs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 January 2017
The only con about working at The Reject Shop is the lack of hrs too many staff, they prefer to hire the younger ones they are cheaper to hire but they're unreliable most of the time. It also depends on the manager you have to i have had good and bad ones. The one i have is a bit in between. I have been working with the company for over 8 years now and I'm still a part timer and looking for a new job where i'm not constantly on register. I like to have variety in my job.
Pros
Friendly staff, easy jobs.
Cons
Not enough hrs, management, Difficult customers, stsnding in one place for a long time.
Friendly, efficient work environment.
Retail Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD28 December 2016
Working at The Reject Shop, I handled store returns as well as general cleaning and circulation of stock. In addition to this, frequent management of cash registers and assistance of customers instore; have allowed me to learn the correct demeanor in which to interact with customers. These experiences have provided me with ample knowledge about customer service, store efficiency and retail standards. Overall the staff grew a family dynamic and I really have nothing negative to say about my experience working there at all.
Good workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney15 December 2016
Enjoyed my time here. Only left because I was moving overseas. Everyone I worked with was really great management were always helpful
Simple and productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bassendean WA8 December 2016
Sales, Cash handling, Merchandising, Re-Stocking
- Friendly team
- Simple work
- Pays well & consistently
- Clear with expectations
- Can be monotonous
fun place good workers good team!
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Sorell TAS6 December 2016
very fun sad i had to leave would love to work in retail again i love it im keen to get back into again just looking for a chance will bring 110 percent like i did for them!!
Pros
friendly people
Cons
had to go
Productive and fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Seaford Meadows SA5 December 2016
One of my most favourite places to work, it is a fun environment and the staff where always there when help was needed.
Work load was pretty easier, never a task too hard to do.
The hardest part of the job was when days would get really busy
Good retail work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noosa Heads QLD1 December 2016
Average retail work. Doing a bit of everything, stocking shelves, stocktaking, customer service and register operator. having worked there for over 2 years i found it was a decent job and a decent source of income as a student. lost the job because i moved house and broke my clavicle, took too much time off and it was too difficult to travel to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Clients are "always right"
Productive workplace, treat everyone who works there like family and all get on very well
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD27 November 2016
Everyone in the reject shop gets on so very well, we help each other out and treat each and every employee like family. Pay is reasonable and breaks are very fair.
Pros
Making customers happy
Cons
Not very many hours
The Reject Shop
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Hazelmere WA23 November 2016
I loved working at The Reject Shop Warehouse. Staff were very friendly, loved everyone.

I regret to say that it was on my terms that I left the job but I do regret muchly.
Productive in recovery
Recovery (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW22 November 2016
recovery most of the day
customer service and stocking
not getting involved in using the cash registers
meeting new people and the experience with retail
management could be more better
Pros
Great people
Cons
poor management
Customer service
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Tasmania10 November 2016
I currently work at the reject shop as a team member/sales assistant I do enjoy working here but it is becoming very very frustrating lately when they say their number one focus is customer service and most times there is only a register operator and one other staff member working in a big store, one person on the shop floor can't do everything and there is no one customers can go to with assistance and what if something happens health wise there is no one because there is no staff being put on because they are always focusing too much on their budgets instead of customer service.
Pros
Great team, good managers, merchandising stock
Cons
Lack of staff
Friendly workplace with work gatherings
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 November 2016
I open Monday to Friday and I was given the opportunity to run the store on my own in non and busy periods. The hardest part of the job when employees and managers have no respect for you but take advantage of you. I want a workplace where I can come happy to work and leave that way also.
Pros
doing mornings no weekend
Cons
people being slack
Overworked, underpaid and not appreciated
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern Tablelands NSW31 October 2016
The staff that work there are lovely and extremely tolerant. Upper management are money hungry greedy pen pushers that wouldn't know a day of hard work. If you are over 16 don't even bother applying for a job let alone expect shifts. Managers are expected to work over 70hr weeks on one of the lowest retail salaries in the industry, yet the job is physically and emotionally taxing. The targets to be eligible for a bonus are not achievable and regardless how hard you work and how much extra money you make for the company, staff are not rewarded.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
The company attitude
Great variety of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colac VIC28 October 2016
The reject shop can be a great place to work, with a variety of jobs in the work place, u have to be really fit to work there, not enough staff on during day for customer service as majority of staff are rostered for morning and night fills
Pros
Discount for team members, and great range of products
Cons
Very physical, low wage budget
Chilled workplace and great people.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park VIC20 September 2016
I honestly had to deal with some of the nicest people I've ever met. Although it was only two weeks, I've learnt to much and built up my confidence when it comes to working with new people and interacting with new people every single day.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morayfield QLD17 September 2016
Easily approachable management team. The atmosphere encourages me to work to my best ability. I'm constantly learning new things through the interaction with customers.
easy going environment with happy faces.
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW16 September 2016
In the time that i was employed at the reject shop i learnt many things that helped me realise that its not just me thats there getting the job done that the shop runs because of all of the employees.So now i know that staying calm and getting the job done in the best fashion possible for myself and the company is key but not forgeting my friend and work mates there helping me aswell is important.
Pros
Life lessons and mates
Cons
working
Fun and a great working environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnie TAS30 August 2016
Fun and a great working environment, exceptional team and enjoyed working there for the period i did. Wouldn't have left, i only did due to moving state.
Pros
Lots
Cons
great enviroment to work in
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW11 August 2016
such a great environment to work in the staff are lovely and so much respect is found within both managers and staff just like a family there which made getting up to go to work that much better
Pros
like a second family, doesnt just feel like work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.