The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

Negative working Experience
Retail Assistant Services (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD17 January 2019
The reject shop, whilst a good store to shop at, the management is atrocious. Every shift I would be on edge constantly, with managers picking at every detail. It made every shift a guessing game of whether it would be a good shift or an appalling one, with no in-between.
Pros and Cons
Retail Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW16 January 2019
I was lucky enough to work with a lot of friendly colleagues and my time at The Reject Shop was enjoyable. A typical day included serving customers on the registers, packing shelves with stock, and tidying up the store.
Fun and friendly work environment.
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Deniliquin NSW15 January 2019
I enjoyed working at the reject shop as it suited my school and social life well, This job taught me a lot about how to work with customers and how to run the floor independently. Meeting new people everyday was the best part about this job, it was great a experience.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
long hours standing on your feet
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon Park VIC4 January 2019
Learnt how to cash/use the register. Learnt how to stock/refill shelves. learnt how to do stocktake and mark down prices on items. The management were supportive.
Pros
cold work place
Cons
standing on feet all day
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD9 December 2018
The Reject Shop is an easy going retail store with opportunities to work as a customer service representative and restock and organize shelves, the management of the Reject Shop is well represented and the layout of the stores are always well presented. Working at The Reject Shop i found that the most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers and contributing to making someones day better with a friendly conversation, there isn't a lot about the job i found hard besides an occasional fast-paced day on the cash register.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Fast paced
fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roselands NSW4 December 2018
sales floor and customer service and the management is very good nice managers the workplace culture is very good, the hardest part of the job is sales floor
Pros
get a good break
Cons
long hrs
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 November 2018
Its A Great workplace, people here are lovely and most of the customers are regulary so you create a bond with them, its a fun and open minded place managment is good, they always check up on you and make sure u do the tasks in a safe and proper way
Pros
celebrations
Management is not great
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD20 November 2018
Of the 3 managers that I worked with only 1 manager was professional and effective at their job. The other 2 managers were not pleasant to staff and were extremely difficult to work with.
very demanding role
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC15 November 2018
I have worked most of my time in Tasmania with the reject shop. the culture is great and fun whilst always providing realistic challenge and great career progression opportunities.

the culture for Victoria is very negative and employees do not have the same work ethic nor does the business demand enough disciplines for team members.
the expectations are unrealistic and unachieveable, leaving a salaried manager to work up to 60 hour weeks with no recognition, reward, motivation and work life balance
Fun work placement
Team Leader - Manager (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW14 November 2018
Loved working and passionate with my job. I have learnt so much working with managing and the environment. The workplace culture was so good and enjoying work with different people. The hardest job was being a 2ic but I had managed it and work with my co-workers.
Fun and respectful work environment
Replenishment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD11 November 2018
Enjoyable environment, welcoming team members ,reliable regulars who come back for our great prices and excellent customer service.
Fast paced and high energy work ,with great managers who work with there team and always put safety first.
We are a great team always having fun and it shows we love our jobs with the effort into doing the best work we can.
Pros
great team members
Cons
slow internet in store
good
Staff Australia (Former Employee) –  QLD6 November 2018
Was good however not stable employment. Enjoyed the work environment was very easy to adapt to whilst I was there. Would have like to been offered full time employment
Pros
Location close to home
Cons
not stable
Not good
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD2 November 2018
I was bullied alot working here. Not fun, was made to feel weak and useless not funn hated it hate my life stop this is annoying omg hlp me stop omg this is uslss
The reject shop review
Team member (Current Employee) –  Hollywood plaza SA26 October 2018
My typical day at work is usually me at the registers serving customers, stocking the shelves and/or putting products back on the shelves for the next day. I have learned how to work quick on my feet as well as how to use a basic register system. I have learnt how to effectively communicate to customers and staff as well as recover and stock shelves. Overall the management is alright but could do with improving like the amount of hours given to staff as well as communication. The culture at the reject shop is okay. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy stock on shelves. The most enjoyable part of working at the reject shop is getting to work with lovely people.
Cons
Not enough hours, not getting a break
Difficult place to work. Had its Pros and Cons.
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW25 October 2018
Mostly unorganised and an unsettled place to work. Bosses and staff were usually pretty rude and kept to themselves. The most enjoyable part was working by myself. Hardest part was talking to the boss about anything personal, made you feel guilty about it and customers were mostly hard to deal with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours and not an enjoyable job
Meh
Stock hand (Former Employee) –  Benalla VIC22 October 2018
A reject shop opened in the same store right after the warehouse vacated the building so it was only natural to apply for what seemed like the same position st a similar company. The new management team lacked understanding of the local marketplace and unwilling to hear feedback or adapt to the local community, I left after a couple of months
Pros
Paid employment
Cons
Clueless leadership
Very good
Team assistant (Current Employee) –  Northland Shopping Centre VIC15 October 2018
I have had excellent experience working here since it is a good learning place for a first job and manager is helpful. Its a fast paced and busy working environment.
Pros
instore freebies
Cons
short breaks and irregular shifts
Busy and friendly work place
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Raby NSW10 October 2018
The Reject Shop was a well organised work environment. Support given, training provided and fair wages. Very professional organisation that looks after their staff.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours and shifts.
Never a dull moment
TEAM MEMBER AT THE REJECT SHOP, ALBANY (Former Employee) –  Albany WA19 September 2018
Really fun, lots going on in the workplace. Normal retail job but you get a lot of interesting characters coming into the shop for nice and cheap savings.
Secure Workplace
Team member/customer service (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC15 September 2018
A good employer with many opportunities and benefits. Always learning something new and growing within the company.

The management is structured and efficient while the workplace culture is fair, tolerant and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.