The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

A friendly workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC9 May 2016
I may have worked here for a week for work experience, but I found this workplace a warm, kind and friendly workplace. It helped me develop my pace within the workplace, helped me memorise isles within the store and communication. My responsibilities was stock filling and customer service.
Fun and good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarina QLD3 May 2016
Work was always fun, the management was always flexible and could always put me in shifts when I needed them. I enjoyed all aspects of the job, especially the customer service. The worst part was cleaning the toilet.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Cleaning the toilet
fun and friendly place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA13 April 2016
Every now and then you will get an angry customer but there are lots of friendly customers. The team are always welcoming and make you feel part of The Reject Shop family.
Pros
working with a good team
Cons
inconsistent shifts
Productive and fun work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morisset NSW10 April 2016
a typical days works include restocking and merchandising as well as serving customers, since i was superior i also dealt with banking, refunds and/or exchanges, customer complains, answering phones.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Long hours on your feet
fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Noosa Heads QLD3 April 2016
it is typically a fun workplace with great co-workers, customer service is always a pain though. management could improve on some areas
Pros
friends at work
Cons
customer service
Great Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Deagon QLD31 March 2016
Opening shop, doing orders and assist staff with tasks for the day,
Management were great, very family orientated.
There were really no hard parts within the job, the enjoyable times were when the staff smiled, a happy work place is a productive workplace.
the most enjoyable times, Christmas parties.
Pros
free getaways
My typical day at work.
CASUAL TEAM MEMBER/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC28 March 2016
My favourite and regular customers comes in all the time which makes my day, I have a good laugh with the team members but also work hard at the same time, I do receive angry and upset customers sometimes but I work my way around them to satisfy them and one of the hardest things about my job is not getting praised for the hard work I put in.
Pros
Reasonable break times
Cons
Angry customers
Safe workplace with barely-there benifits and hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW22 March 2016
I Had only applied as a Christmas Casual, but my hours were often either sparse or uncertain. After a raise due to my turiing 17, even after being promised more hours and discussing my availabilities, my hours dropped to 0. I learnt how to operate a cash register and deal with difficult customers. A typical day was rather ordinary, with uncertain amounts of customers, and coworkers on-call within the store for aid. My co-workers were supportive for the best part, however did not strive to get along. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of the keyboard, but the easiest was managing the front of the store.
Pros
Discounts, friendly fellow staff, support
Cons
Uncertain hours
Great working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA13 March 2016
I loved working with the team in busselton, they are an amazing group of individuals. Very flexible with working hours and if i didn't have to, i never would have left!
Pros
The working environment
Loved It
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC9 March 2016
The Reject Shop was a fantastic place to work. Loved every minute of it (okay, maybe not stocktake!!). Management were fair and understanding, easy to talk to. I have been gone nearly four years, and I sometimes regret ever leaving. This should tell you a lot about The Reject Shop; not many people regret leaving a job!
Pros
Great management team, Amazing people to work with, Billiard table!!
Cons
None. I left because i wanted a change.
productive, fun, gives alot of opportunity within the workplace to develop future goals
3IC and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kwinana WA7 March 2016
The Reject Shop gave me the opportunity to study and develop skills that I didn't know I had. Stock processing/ merchandising was the most productive/ fun during night fills. Managers try and work along side employees, but not always the case with some.
Was an extreamly exciting and enjoyable company to work for.
2IC Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD5 March 2016
I felt ;like a valued employee and enjoyed my time working for this company.
I enjoyed my role as an Assistant Store Manager if I didn't have to Relocate I feel I would of progressed to higher levels with this company.
Pros
Working with a team that was delightful
Cons
No Cons
Disappointing.
Customer Service, Cash (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 February 2016
When I originally went for my interview, I was promised a minimum of 15 hours a week, and ended up getting only 4. The staff members were great to work with though, a few managers were a bit difficult to talk to. Training was done properly, everybody knew what they were doing when the store opened (as us staff members helped set it up because it was a new store).
Pros
Great staff, easy-going environment
Cons
Managers were hard to talk to, not enough hours
All over good work experiance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW24 February 2016
great working environment with great hours and great co workers great for work experience and a basic 9 to 5 job Awesome look forward to my next job.
Pros
Great work experiance
Fun, relaxed and Friendly environment
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC21 February 2016
A typical day is customer service, stock replenishment, register operation, up-selling and answering phone inquiries.
Co-workers and management are really friendly.
Great career progression.
Pros
salary, work/life balance
Cons
not enough hours sometimes
Good
Retail Assistant-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 February 2016
greeting customers
scanning orders, banking
refunds, putting stock out
cleaning. opening store, closing store
cashier. helping customers.
Its a Great Starting Job
Retail assistant, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fernvale QLD18 February 2016
As title says. Great starting Job though nothing really more then that.

Shifts are really stretched due to the small budget every week. Great after School job but its not much to live off unless you sign on full time which most cant if study or other reasons.
Always busy, on your feet but get long breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colac VIC29 January 2016
Working at the reject shop there was never a real quiet time. we'd always have people in an out, I enjoyed helping the customer with things they where after.

I learned that not everyone will like the way you work, and that its OK.
The Hardest part of my job was thinking that i had to keep trying to impress the Boss so i could be on the floor working.
Pros
The pay was alright, you'd always have a laugh and get along with staff
Cons
The male manager was not nice to me.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  NSW15 January 2016
Face paced and fun environment. The job has taught me customer service and to engage with them. It taught me how to be motivated and a team player, experience in cash handling, use common sense and work through problems, perform tasks in an efficient manner. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when customers were not happy.
Extremely busy
Manager - Lisa (Current Employee) –  South Australia14 January 2016
Typical day at work is draining but manageable.
My first few years I learnt about customer service and how to work behind a register, but after my boss moved stores I was not taught much at all.
Management has a lot to learn about running a store and using the personal quality that is called being 'nice'.
Most co-workers are now great friends, we had to turn to each other for help when the manager could not be found.
The hardest part of this job is staying positive while being bullied at work by management, and not being given many hours.
The most enjoyable part of this job is making friends with Co-workers and talking to the customers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.