The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

Professional Enviroment
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hazelmere WA5 September 2018
Excellent structure and rewiews for work load and work management.

The working day is managed through a site break management system. the working day is broken down into 3 runs with breaks inbetween to help the day flow by.
Hard work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2018
Very demanding workplace with new implementations that need ironing out.
Feeling was that every month you were expected to Take on more responsibility and get more done in the same amount of time for the same money
Take advantage of salary and casual wages
Fun and comfortable environment for all staff
Customer Service and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 August 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting and meeting new customers. i enjoyed being on the counter as communicating is favourite thing in customer service. the workplace environment was safe and comfortable, the staff all got along. the cons of working there was that, employees got minimum wage and hours and shifts throughout the week.
Pros
new uniforms
Cons
short hours and minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2018
The Reject Shop was very fun for me to work at. I made heaps of friends and learnt a lot of skills which will benefit me in the long run. The hardest part was definitely how busy it got during Christmas.
Pros
Discounts on products
fun work place
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC27 August 2018
Good place to work, friendly and flexible hours. Don't get a lot of hours though and there isn't a lot you can advance in unless you've been there for a while. Great for a first job or side job.
not so much fun
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dapto NSW23 August 2018
Only get three hours a shift so i manly at register or fixing up aisles. some days do get busy which is good keeps me busy. Only thing i dont like is that i am by myself all the time.
Northern suburbs location
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC23 August 2018
My time at TRS distribution centre allowed my to learn Return to Work skills, along with Workcover and Insurance knowledge. The team, on a whole, were great however there were many people that I didn't get to know very well due to the shifts that were worked.
Pros
Northern suburbs location
Cons
Early starts
Hi pressure in a competitive discount retail market. The business has a great team environment and work together to achieve the best results possible.
Buyer Home Storage and General House Cares (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Vic19 August 2018

A challenging but rewarding business to work for.
Pros
A business that empowers team members to deliver on their KPI's and reward outstanding results
Cons
Fun workplace with opportunity to learn new skills and work in various sections of the store
Foundation staff member (Former Employee) –  Kempsey NSW13 August 2018
I was given the opportunity to work in various areas, including register operator, stock filler, recovery staff member etc

The hardest part was rostering as my store did not use an electronic means of distributing the roster and I had to physically go into the store to see it.

Fun workplace, with inside jokes and a real sense of community among staff.
Productive within short hours
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS12 August 2018
A typical day is serving customers and doing stock. I learned people skills and how to handle cash. The best part is getting to know customers and work colleges. The hardest part of the job is getting very few hours a week.
Cons
short hours
Good pay, good company, good.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 August 2018
Everyone's a winner at the Reject shop, and that's no lie.
With savvy staff and great pay, what's not to like? Well, expect for the customers of coarse.
Pros
staff, pay, work hours
Cons
christmas hours, customers
A good place to earn your retail skills
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW 21509 August 2018
The Reject Shop is a good place to earn your retail skills, They provide essential experiences and skills that are heavily customer based and also they provide a competent and reliable training both personal and online to which enhances an trainee's skills.
Pros
Excellent and Easy to learn Store Operations
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC8 August 2018
typical day at work is serving customers, making sure the store is tidy and restocked. Worked with great team members and great management. Loved merchandising.
Fun busy productive work place
Retail Assistant part time / full time five years (Current Employee) –  Reject Shop Distribution29 July 2018
Slightly abit of pressure on flexiblilty, overly worked poor budgets towards rosters high demand on having the right body mobility towards lifting packing and reorganising stocked shelfs OHS matters :)
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Not flexiable enough
fun workplace and great people and happy envoiroment
Packer / Picker - Forklift Diver (Former Employee) –  tullamarine8 July 2018
I have worked at the reject shop for more than 13 years and was very happy doing my roles in the company...I loved the workplace there and people and it wasn't to physical and hard for the most but there were times were it was very hard but I loved hard work.....
average
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 July 2018
didn't like the workplace at all since everything in there seemed unorganised almost everyday. the manager was really unorganised. I had a hard time settling in.
Excellent workplace/company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warwick QLD30 June 2018
A typical day at work is easy and simple, working stock, serving customers, keeping a clean and safe environment. The management I work under is fantastic, she is willing to work hard and do the best she can and be the best influence on her team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, but you get that wherever you go. I enjoy merchandising, and seeing the final product of store layouts.
fast pasted and interactive.
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Morayfield QLD24 June 2018
-Serve customers at registers.
-Help customers on floor.
-Stock shelves.
-Clean floor/store and shelves.
-Face up ( Face products towards the front neatly.)
Pros
disscounts.
Cons
gets very busy.
Fun and easygoing
Retail (Former Employee) –  Corio VIC15 June 2018
You learn different rolls but easy once you get the hang of it and very safe and friendly environment, great shift hours and co-workers act like a big happy family and had alot of fun there.
Good leaning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Biloela QLD15 June 2018
Overall, great learning experience, but i wasnt able to do much apart from serving at the cashier and checking stock around the front of the store.:::
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not much to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.