The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Positive work place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Windsor NSW19 June 2018
The Salvation Army were supportive and encouraging and I will be looking to gain further experience by volunteering when other projects become available.
Very unfriendly working environement
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland NSW19 June 2018
Worked as an Employment Consultant. A culture of covert exclusion and bullying from long-term staff. Similar to working on a production line, poor management and HR. A new employee given the worst clients from everyone else's caseload and expected to meet targets. No proper training or support. No receptionist so whilst conducting one to one appointments with clients, also had to go to front counter and answer incoming calls. Case workers treated clients terribly. A lot of backbiting from staff about other staff and clients. Overall a terrible experience.
Pros
Being able to help the clients.Able to leave the office at lunch break and the wages were good
Cons
Hostile and toxic work environment, unfriendly staff and unsupportive management and HR department
fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  South Australia15 June 2018
A typical day would be bringing in donations, pricing items and putting clothing on racks as well as putting items on shelves. I learnt how to communicate with customers.
Pros
break time
Cons
when people throw donations on the floor without bags
Good work organisation and customer services
Customer service (Former Employee) –  The Salvation Army Manduarh14 June 2018
Every Salvation Army employee/volunteer strives to satisfy customers and have a wide variety of produces customers can buy, each donation is carefully sorted through putting the best out for customers to buy. The employees were fun to work with are hardworking and put 100% effort in what they done for the store.
Challenging and Busy
Post Placement/Work for the Dole Consultant (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA11 June 2018
Challenging and fast paced industry. Supportive group of people to work with. On the job training. I learnt a lot about my role. Management was supportive in my role. Hardest part of job was the new role i was given as a Work for the Dole Consultant as it was a new program in the company
Fun workplace, happy smiling people.Work together and communications
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baldivis WA10 June 2018
Very warm and welcoming store. Communication is the keys to help workers as well as customers.
To ensure the safety of our colleagues and customers in the store.
Calm job with good skills teaching
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wynnum QLD7 June 2018
Was a lovely environment to work in and enjoyed my time volunteering there. The other employees were really nice and the job was easy to do and I received very good training from the other staff.
Productive,fun and calming work environment
Casual Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  Biggera Waters QLD 421629 May 2018
I enjoyed working at the salvation army because it was in a calming environment to be in. A typical day of work would consist of helping the customers, managing stock with in the store, changing the display if needed, cleaning or wiping down surfaces, and help organise the stock in the back of the store.
Pros
Work experience in a retail envronment
Cons
Standing for a long period of time
Excellent working environment and incredible colleagues
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 May 2018
The most enjoyable part in working for the Red Shield Appeal Salvation Army was the amount of participation and comradery displayed by my teammates and work colleagues.
Pros
Short hours
not that great
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Australia21 May 2018
the store was to crowded not a lot of room to move around heaps of stock and it was really noisy you could not hear what the other volunteers were saying.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Cramped
Productive and fun workplace
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 May 2018
It was a very welcoming environment
Would work there again if the opportunity arises
Management knew what they were doing
The Point Of Sale system was easy to use and training was done well
it's ok
Volunteering at Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW8 May 2018
being forced to write a review for a company that is not one i am appying for is not going to happen. so dont try to do it because i wont reply to it.
Friendly and rewarding
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kadina SA8 May 2018
The salvation army thrift shop is rewarding to help those in need and gain basic skills in communication, customer service skills and background work.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no pay
Good work overall
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC4 May 2018
Working at the salvation is great work because it allows me to constantly be working with people. I specifically enjoy being able to engage in visual merchandising and being able to make the displays look wonderful.
Friendly and well managed
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maylands WA3 May 2018
The stores attract a large variety of different people. This leads to a positive experience whether you are an employee or simply a customer out for some shopping bargains.
The most engaging part of working at Salvation Army was cleaning and sorting undesirable materials that the community no longer needed.
Pros
Friendly people and plenty of work to be done.
Cons
N/a
Fun to host social events
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 May 2018
it was fun to interact with people on the day, met a lot of friends, only worked for a couple days as I was a volunteer for them, not a full-time worker.
Fun
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  South Australia1 May 2018
It was fun and exciting meeting new people and helping them out with meals and a nice conversation. Their stories were very interesting and showed me a new perspective.
Great Experience
Childrens ministry junior leader (Current Employee) –  Box Hill VIC30 April 2018
Being part of the salvos my whole life I have clearly experienced the benefits of being part of this community as it has helped me grow my interpersonal skill and personality in many aspect. Its a friendly and relaxed environment to be a part of.
Great, Just great.
Volunteer - Horsham College Community Project (Former Employee) –  Horsham VIC26 April 2018
I volunteered here and had a wonderful time working in the Op Shop and helping run Daycare sessions in the church. This was a great program and I recommend it to people wanting to volunteer.
Work and People
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Arncliffe NSW24 April 2018
I had the the best of time at Salvation Army where I was able to interact with residents of all residents in the Centres. I had a very cordial and friendly relationship ith my managers and employees who reported to my position. I was a pivotal person in that Organisation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K