The Salvation Army
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from The Salvation Army:

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Australia675 reviews
Modern trucks. Good workplace culture. Great crew. There is some heavy lifting so you need to be fit. Pay is fairly low but work supports a good cause. Good work life balance. Supportive manager.
Pros
Discounts on shop goods. Great manager. Great crew.
Cons
Need to be on the ball with load management. Low pay.
You either get it or you don't, but if you do, its a great team of like minded people, a large and varied organisation. It has faith based elements, but many non-faith based jobs too, so it suits all types who want to do caring work that makes a real difference. They are an inclusive employer and workplace and have a really positive culture.
Pros
Sense of purpose, many lovely people
Cons
not for profit = lower salary for work than you would get in different organisations, they have a lean workforce, I was made redundant
Little knowledge of professional practices in the workplace when dealing with volunteers and their safety. Support systems for employees was in conflict with volunteer structure.
Pros
Community benefits
Cons
No resources for employees/volunteers
Many of the people you're working with are passionate about their work and about people. Great opportunities to get involved in supporting communities.
For my December holidays, I decided to volunteer at my local Op Shop. While it was the hardest job I have done, it was always easy. It was enjoyable and I would recommend for other high school kids to volunteer.
working in the Salvation Army was peaceful because it is relaxing and co-workers were very kind. Plus, the clients were also patient even if we had trouble with a mechanical problems.
Working at the Salvation Army was very fun and productive this job made my confidence and skill of communication increase.I love helping people and seeing the Joy on their faces.
Salvos Stores Clayton is open for 8 hours between Monday to Saturday. I have been learning so much from my manager about time management, multi-tasking and sale pricing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my colleagues every day, talking to them while working and assisting customers in need, working behind the cash register, sorting out donations and collecting donations.
I am a volunteer. As I am also a student. Amazing work place environment. The managers are very supportive. Would definitely recommend anyone to work for The Salvation Army as they do amazing work within the community.
Salvation Army is a volunteer organisation which raises money for charity by selling donations made by the community to the community. Salvation Army is friendly and relaxing place of work.
Blessed place too work. Seeing all walks of life and just getting too know people. Always something different each day. I volunteered for a bit. Good for the soul
A nurturing and results driven company, offering extra training opportunities. Regular team building & stress release activities were appreciated. A feel good, ethical workplace.
Working here was fun and I recommend it anyone who's wanting to work here. You gain loads of skills and make new friends. overall it's a great experience
I do sorting of donated goods. I do not get paid because I am on Job Search Allowance. I work only 2 full days in a week. I am allowed to work 15 hours a week.
salvation army is fair if you need to take time off for personal reasons the rostering system is shared by what people can do and their personal lives
Pros
food at special meetings christmas party
Cons
sleepovers weekend work
A worthwhile stepping stone into my preferred job. It was by voluntary work at the store, that I got a full-time position offered to me. It was a fun environment to work in.
Busy organisation to work and if you are client focused you achieve more. Management needs review. The hardest part was lack of support from management. The most enjoyable part is seeing clients coming setting goals with them and seeing them through achieving their goals graduating after a couple of months to a year.
A typical day at work is fun with an outgoing environment, it's hard working and keeps your body moving and is rarely stressful. I learned that everyone has a job to do and you cannot judge people by what their work is or how much they make annually. The management here is great, treat them with respect they will do the same. The workplace culture is all around, treat everyone with respect. The hardest part of the job (for me) was the hot days, the work itself i never complained. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The customers that come and go are always looking for something so you can help them, and it's always good to help people no matter what it is. As well as your workmates, they're helpful in all fields you need help in and friendly.
I was only a volunteer. I didn't do anything with them. i never seen them again. The only time i saw them, they were nice people. i have nothing else.
The work i did at Salvos was a WFD activity at an Op shop the task involved Sorting second hand cloths Register work serving customers snd Stocking shelves
Good place to volunteer especially for working with children and to get an understanding of Salvation Army's work with refugee communities. It was professional.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.
5.9K