The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Good work organisation and customer services
Customer service (Former Employee) –  The Salvation Army Manduarh14 June 2018
Every Salvation Army employee/volunteer strives to satisfy customers and have a wide variety of produces customers can buy, each donation is carefully sorted through putting the best out for customers to buy. The employees were fun to work with are hardworking and put 100% effort in what they done for the store.
Challenging and Busy
Post Placement/Work for the Dole Consultant (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA11 June 2018
Challenging and fast paced industry. Supportive group of people to work with. On the job training. I learnt a lot about my role. Management was supportive in my role. Hardest part of job was the new role i was given as a Work for the Dole Consultant as it was a new program in the company
Fun workplace, happy smiling people.Work together and communications
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baldivis WA10 June 2018
Very warm and welcoming store. Communication is the keys to help workers as well as customers.
To ensure the safety of our colleagues and customers in the store.
Calm job with good skills teaching
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wynnum QLD7 June 2018
Was a lovely environment to work in and enjoyed my time volunteering there. The other employees were really nice and the job was easy to do and I received very good training from the other staff.
Productive,fun and calming work environment
Casual Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  Biggera Waters QLD 421629 May 2018
I enjoyed working at the salvation army because it was in a calming environment to be in. A typical day of work would consist of helping the customers, managing stock with in the store, changing the display if needed, cleaning or wiping down surfaces, and help organise the stock in the back of the store.
Pros
Work experience in a retail envronment
Cons
Standing for a long period of time
Excellent working environment and incredible colleagues
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 May 2018
The most enjoyable part in working for the Red Shield Appeal Salvation Army was the amount of participation and comradery displayed by my teammates and work colleagues.
Pros
Short hours
not that great
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Australia21 May 2018
the store was to crowded not a lot of room to move around heaps of stock and it was really noisy you could not hear what the other volunteers were saying.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Cramped
Productive and fun workplace
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 May 2018
It was a very welcoming environment
Would work there again if the opportunity arises
Management knew what they were doing
The Point Of Sale system was easy to use and training was done well
it's ok
Volunteering at Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW8 May 2018
being forced to write a review for a company that is not one i am appying for is not going to happen. so dont try to do it because i wont reply to it.
Friendly and rewarding
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kadina SA8 May 2018
The salvation army thrift shop is rewarding to help those in need and gain basic skills in communication, customer service skills and background work.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no pay
Good work overall
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC4 May 2018
Working at the salvation is great work because it allows me to constantly be working with people. I specifically enjoy being able to engage in visual merchandising and being able to make the displays look wonderful.
Friendly and well managed
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maylands WA3 May 2018
The stores attract a large variety of different people. This leads to a positive experience whether you are an employee or simply a customer out for some shopping bargains.
The most engaging part of working at Salvation Army was cleaning and sorting undesirable materials that the community no longer needed.
Pros
Friendly people and plenty of work to be done.
Cons
N/a
Fun to host social events
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 May 2018
it was fun to interact with people on the day, met a lot of friends, only worked for a couple days as I was a volunteer for them, not a full-time worker.
Fun
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  South Australia1 May 2018
It was fun and exciting meeting new people and helping them out with meals and a nice conversation. Their stories were very interesting and showed me a new perspective.
Great Experience
Childrens ministry junior leader (Current Employee) –  Box Hill VIC30 April 2018
Being part of the salvos my whole life I have clearly experienced the benefits of being part of this community as it has helped me grow my interpersonal skill and personality in many aspect. Its a friendly and relaxed environment to be a part of.
Great, Just great.
Volunteer - Horsham College Community Project (Former Employee) –  Horsham VIC26 April 2018
I volunteered here and had a wonderful time working in the Op Shop and helping run Daycare sessions in the church. This was a great program and I recommend it to people wanting to volunteer.
Work and People
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Arncliffe NSW24 April 2018
I had the the best of time at Salvation Army where I was able to interact with residents of all residents in the Centres. I had a very cordial and friendly relationship ith my managers and employees who reported to my position. I was a pivotal person in that Organisation.
My experiences
housing officer, Administration (Former Employee) –  Perth City WA23 April 2018
intervention and provides a service that focus on young Indigenous people in raising their issues that provide range of activities, workshops, education training in schools and out in their local communities and a service that is culturally appropriate
Consulted with Aboriginal individual and families to find short term house
Supported clients to found long term accommodation through the community housing
Speak with department of housing on behalf of clients families to be able to find appropriate housing
Provided emergency rooms for Aboriginal families
A good place to work as a volunteer
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD22 April 2018
I enjoyed my time there and would recomend them to others
The manager was very hard working and friendly. She showed me many details about presentation and customer service.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not on the bus route really
amazing supportive organization
Trainer/Assessosr (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW20 April 2018
As a Trainer/Assessor my role started at 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
I learnt how to understand the impact on young and disable people when they do not have hope of employment and been overlooked by society. The management team was amazing. The workplace was supportive and inclusive. The hardest part of the job was when a student loss control. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that at the end of their training these young people started to believe in themselves and the beginning of hope for their future. Seeing the change in them from the beginning to end of the course was all inspiring.
Pros
meeting people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K