The Scots College
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Scots College Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

It was all for a good course.

It was all for a good course.I learned that there are others that are not as fortunate as myself to have a home and daily necessities. My mates helped.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Hot Weather

Head of Drama and Theatre

It's everything you would expect of a traditional GPS school. Character filled and beautiful grounds and the resources for stable and continued growth.

Pros

Location, Money, Staff, Students

Cons

Long hours and total commitment.

Volleyball Coaching and Refereeing

I always enjoy coaching and reffing the boys in the Volleyball program. Ever since I came on-board I noticed the boys become more enthusiastic and more interested in the program which I took great pride in being apart of.

Pros

Being able to come back to school and see old mates. Management was great

Cons

Not enough hours

Learning every day...loved every minute

I started at 6.30am every day ,either training students, parents and teachers in fitness,Ball skills,Futsal or boxing. Coached Football during the day and after 3.30. Assisted in the Design tech and art departments,helping with preparation and safe work conditions.Assisted HSC students as well. No job was too small or big for me to attempt ,so I became a jack of all trades. Directing a sport and driving the bus...happy to help in any capacity. Organised Holiday Fun Camps for boys and girls to promote the school to the community. The hardest part was filling out endless purchase order forms as they changed the format every year. I loved the interaction with Students and colleagues,cleaners and maintenance included.A happy and positive impression to all who met me during the day.Using my Irish sense of humour to the full.

Pros

Too many

Cons

high staff turn over

interesting place!

The Scots College has been a place that needs to fix its HR department for a number of years in order to ensure that the product of teaching which it is providing for it students is great as the staff are fed up and confused with whats going on.

Many challenges

The school is unique which allowed me to grow professionally in many ways as there were so many aspects to the position. My colleagues were very supportive of each other.

Pros

challenges and the opportunities to work with some great colleagues

Cons

Huge time committment

Exciting and Dynamic Workplace

The Scots College is at the cutting edge of junior sports development, employing sports science in all their teams and top coaching and management structures. They provide all the resources you need to give your teams the best possible advantage. My reason for searching for other jobs is to progress my career in more commercial fields.

Pros

Support, Lunches, Desire to be successful

Cons

Limited room for promotion if not a teacher

Great School

Outdoor education school. Responsible for delivering the English and Drama syllabus to year nine boys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scots College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Scots College
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?