The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Australia103 reviews
Star City is very fun and exciting job. I was able to gain so much experienced in Customer Service while working as Casino Host.
Complaint Handling and delivering High Standard of Service is a must to

learn and apply to all the patrons and regular VIP patrons. Staff are very friendly supervisors and managers are very respectful to all the staff.

Unfortunately after working at the Casino for 15 years in Customer Service. Our Department were redundant due to re-structuring.
Customers are allowed to do whatever they like... Diamond members have hit staff and the staff member has been in trouble. Illegal activity is covered up for rich asians who have no interest in the country just gamble and be rude. This place is sole destroying they should be forced to reveal how many people commit suicide and the families who are devestated by the ''Entertainment'' provided. Staff are treated terribly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude, you may need to keep quiet about illegal activity. Dont ask question. English is not needed.
I really enjoyed my time working at the Star. Great benefits given such as food swipes, super, free uniform and laundry, locker and numerous staff discounts. Made many friends and had great times.
Great company great management always looks after staff great throughout the covid 19 offered pandemic leave when they didn’t have to. Our manager kept us informed with any updates to do with the business
Pros
Great work life culture
Cons
Working weekends
The job pressure is huge in the casino yet the management is so responsible and caring. The work environment is amazing with the benefits for its employees. Everything seems fair.
I work in the kitchen.
The Star Casino is such an amazing place to work the way they look after the staff members is amazing it's such a good pay rate an the hours I get a week is awesome toalty recommend applying to work their
Multi faceted hospitality company that provides career development opportunities. Great team members benefits. Workplace culture is dynamic and supportive with a tinge of competitive environment.
Not a good place to work , racists rule , double standard they would give their mates five weeks leave/year where as others only normal even though you worked shift . Most nasty place I’ve worked in . Thugs and and nasties rule
Loved working for the Star.
Great team, inclusive, fun and you are really spoilt with your uniform dry cleaned for you and ready every shift.

Beautiful onsite food supplied for you.

Lovely patrons and if you enjoy 24/7 day rotating roster this is the job for you.
Pros
Fully catered for meals
Its 24/7 work place with multicultural and diversified people. Proper management with good planning of work and roster. Good team work so every hard work has got solution to finish with good result.
they think they are the best in Hospitality, they want you to provide a high quality service, but they pay you very little in relation to other conventional restaurants, there is a lot of competition between coworkers and a lot of stress. Horrible Organizational Culture
A mixture of 3-5 stars given in some areas of the survey. Work life balanced was 3 due to the fact that we are doing shift which rotates 24 hrs around the clock. 3 was given again at job security and advancement because most of our cocktail servers are recruited as casuals. Therefore shifts are not guaranteed. 4 was given to work culture due to the lack of motivation seen in others. most4 was given to management team due to lack of communication which caused repeated mistakes. Overall, I rate it 5 stars.
Honest good management team work one time grate leader listen to the problem and solve them right a way or look in ti it.will dress
eye for a detail good please to work,
I've always enjoyed working at the hotel. The work culture is very professional and yet relaxed. Departments may have a certain difference in management but overall it's very good.
Constant moving and fast paced environment. Full time training is provided in which will help you towards your time on the gaming floor and very hands on. Must be good with numbers and constantly thinking on your feet. Hardest part of the job would be dealing and entertaining with the customers while focusing on the task in front of you.
Posto molto affollato, dove bisogna accelerare i tempi e starci dietro
good place to work with free food and such
good fun games, sometimes youll have guests who come for fun and difficult guests to come to make money

however agm's (assistant gaming managers) and managers in general seem to have a superiority complex instead of teamwork orientated perspective

not allowed to drink water during shift which sucks because you have to talk alot
Working in this industry you never know what can happen from one minute to the next. Dealing with all aspects of Safety and Security constantly keeps you on your toes.
Team members are friendly in all departments, in which they are very helpful in so many ways. The workplace environment is fun and exciting as each day you will be amazed with what the company (The Star) offers for the team members especially in the Eat Street (staff cafeteria).
Pros
Sumptous Food
Good communication, Collaborative and team work, Quality and accuracy of work, problem-solving, Attendance and dependability, Ability to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Star group. I would recommend this workplace for job security and career progression. although it is a little far to travel for myself.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Star Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.