The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews in Casino NSW

Star City is very fun and exciting job. I was able to gain so much experienced in Customer Service while working as Casino Host. Complaint Handling and delivering High Standard of Service is a must to learn and apply to all the patrons and regular VIP patrons. Staff are very friendly supervisors and managers are very respectful to all the staff. Unfortunately after working at the Casino for 15 years in Customer Service. Our Department were redundant due to re-structuring.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Star group. I would recommend this workplace for job security and career progression. although it is a little far to travel for myself.
a typical work day would include a supervisor briefing 30minuits prior to shift in order to get notified on the day to day activities that are happening. Following this includes the running of the pit on the gaming floor, allocation of staff and opening and closing tables appropriately. The Star has given me the ability to work under pressure, with strict policy and uniform standards, the Star has enabled me ensure that I am a perfectionist and get the job done in a timely manner The hardest part of the job was balancing work and life. As I was a shift worker, I would have to rotate between all hours of the day, moving from day shift, to night shift, and into morning shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with people. As a supervisor you deal with the customers whenever something goes wrong. You must place the customers’ needs first and be sufficient in resolving problems. I enjoyed speaking to customers and making them leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
As a supervisor, for every hour and 20minuits on the gaming floor you had a 20minuit break paid.
Cons
constantly changing shift work
Productive and fun workplace with a cafeteria, computer room and lockers. learned to communicate to others, follow orders, Show respect to others. Help others who fall behind on the job.The hardest part of the job was doing my job and then helping other people who fall behind.
Pros
locker rooms and Cafeteria
Cons
i enjoyed working they but the hours was from 3pm to 11pm and was only on public transport i lived in Mt Druitt and i didnt get back and the bus stopped running
100% focus on customer service, Product knowledge, Upselling, Occupational Health and Safety issues,time management and people skills.These aspects in the workplace can give good service to customers. With my experience it never goes wrong.
Pros
Getting customers feedback, more chances of improving the staffs weaknesses
Cons
get bad feedback, not good for reputation of the business, customers think the employees need more training
learnt a lot of new skills and had a lot of fun working here. would recommend to future people who have a thrill for gaming or enjoy providing exceptional hotel service.
The pay is amazing however, due to being a 24/7 business, its hard to have a balanced work/life balance. Especially on Christmas and New Years. There is also a block out period around Christmas where you can't take leave from work, without special confirmation from management.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, uniform provided, dry cleaning provided
Cons
24/7 availability, no time off at Christmas
I enjoy working in disability fields because it is of my career. I completed bachelor degree in disability at ACU. Sometime it very challengeable defends on the situation of the clients behaviour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hour a day
Good team focus and culture but at time a bit "blokey" and bit too much of a locker room. Fun and varied when working on the frontline but profit driven when you move in managment.
Pros
Free meals, uniform
Cons
Profit driven
big organization, sometime low supervision on the management team great benefit package and so much fun and exciting to meet the well known people rotation roster 24/7 full time, part time and casual available uniform provided free food discount parking on site lode hours on weekends and public holidays
Pros
free meal, discount parking on site
Cons
shift rotation 24/7
place should be workable and funny. then u can love your work. other things is that staff and management should have good relation. this 2 things makes companies growth. And staff need some flexibility. if he or she need urgent day off. company should give.
Pros
its good for stuff. it will make good relation with company and stuff.
Cons
long hour is not so good all the time. but if need, you should do. not for all times.
good and very balanced days working in a very large company that star is a place with a very strong work culture the hardest part was learning all the policies that a big company like the star has. very good organisation and lots of facilities for staff member
Very busy environment , always doing something , help one another. Follow your tasks.. 24/7 working place..with rotating roster, morning afternoon night
Most my job was on electrical breakdowns on two way radio throughout the whole building,i got to learn to work mostly on kitchen equipment ovens,dishwashers and other various equipment and my other work was lighting,power on all of the building some a/c and refrigeration and some small installs.
Pros
Good mixture of work.
Cons
Night shifts 12 hours
improved my bar-tending skills, co-works are hard working and easy to get along with, good place to work and have a laugh
Pros
free meals
Cons
My personal experience at the Star was positive in all aspects of the job. As a Table Games Dealer it was fun as we would meet so many different people from all backgrounds both colleagues and guests. At the same time it was very professional due t the fact that cash handling was a major part of the job .
Pros
Free meals, Provided and cleaned uniform
Although Ive been at the STAR for almost 6 years the level of career progression is stunted somewhat as theres a lot of internal politics that plays out. The hours are very eccentric theres no proper work/life balance as I may work 3 different shifts in one week which upsets the life side of things. As a staff member though the STAR offers a lot of perks like free food, free tram travel, superb uniforms laundered, company wide 20% and staff parties, industry based courses & cross training.
Other staff team members made it a pleasure to work at the casino, although management often did not. Management often quite nit-picky with behaviour, will provide counselling session for drinking coffee or eating at work. Some opportunities for promotion available but often these opportunities were given to managers close peers. HR meetings available in situations ending in dispute or disagreement but never confidential despite being stated otherwise. However, free laundry was provided, and a free 2 star-type buffet meal on every shift. Good salary, although no overtime offered for full timers, part time or casual in food and beverage department. Very easy to pick up shifts when necessary, almost impossible to give away weekend shifts. Time off is generally approved with a minimum of 4-6 weeks notice. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other staff members and consistently keeping up to date with the ever changing rules and work environment.
Pros
Free laundry, free meals, good salary
Cons
No incentives/rewards for hard work, poor managerial skills
the hardest part of the job was the shift work. It is a multicultural workplace the meals are provided
Pros
free meals and laundering of uniforms