The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews in Gold Coast QLD

very good company to work for. I worked here for 2 years and made a lot of friends. Supervisor and managers are really supportive and nice. Hard work and fun
I work in the kitchen. The Star Casino is such an amazing place to work the way they look after the staff members is amazing it's such a good pay rate an the hours I get a week is awesome toalty recommend applying to work their
I've always enjoyed working at the hotel. The work culture is very professional and yet relaxed. Departments may have a certain difference in management but overall it's very good.
good conditions, fair place to work, salary fair, only short contract would of liked secure work for longer, good management, shame it was only a short contract, will work for them again.
A fantastic place to work with a great team culture. A focus on developing and promoting advancement within existing team. Great training and self development opportunities.
Work environment is safe friendly staff always ready to help other people supervisor and manager soo good everyone working in a team job security is main thing
-Highly recommend for people to work at the Star Casino! -What I found most enjoyable was becoming friends with so many people, from different cultures and backgrounds -Career paths are endless -Always able to get cross trained in other departments -Always extra shifts available to pick up in the Events department -Fun atmosphere! -Very fast paced -Everyone works as a team, and you are working alongside happy outgoing like minded people!
Work with a large group of fun and inviting colleges. Table games dealers get 15 minute paid breaks every 1 hour 1 Free meal swipe per shift Locker per person Uniform laundered Learn new games Fun engagement with patrons
Pros
Free meals, laundered uniform
Cons
Night and weekend work
Great opportunity for someone to join the hotel industry if you are interested in pursuing a career helping customers. Learn to deliver 5 star service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Star Entertainment Group?
A typical day at work is picking up stock before the long trek up to the kitchen. Then I top up, rotate stock, and plate up and make orders as the dockets come in. I've learnt many things,how to prep, how to work in a line; a service situation, and many chef skills. The hardest part of the job is that as hard as I work, I get paid very little. so it's less enjoyable.
Pros
Free Meal swipe, 20% discount casino wide
Cons
Low pay