The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW50 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Multi faceted hospitality company that provides career development opportunities. Great team members benefits. Workplace culture is dynamic and supportive with a tinge of competitive environment.

Fun workplace, good benefits and all

I worked at The Star just over three years, it was sad to leave but i have a new challenge for me and following my dream. The Star has been one of the best place that i have worked, sure the best company. I had three amazing years and i have worked and meet so many people from different countries. It was fun but always professional, also relaxed. Thank you all Star Casino, i will 100% recommend anyone to work there. Hands down, thank you.

Pros

Buffet free lunches, light rail for staff, discounts accross the venues, gift cards twice per year

Negative

Very negative experience working at the star Sydney.No management support,use if force policy sucks to eject into patrons out of the casino,no support at all.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner every shift

Cons

Long hours, management are bullies, work itself sucks.

Worst employeer ever

Treats staff like less than numbers. Only care about squeezing every cent out of players. If a player has even a little money they can do as they want

Pros

Uniform supplied and cleaned

Cons

Treats staff like garbage

Excellent Place to work

I Really Enjoyed working there.Good salary. Nice people and environment. Wish i can go back there one day .Meal and uniform provided. Free light rail from central station to Star City

Pros

Free meal, Uniform provided

Excellent

Best Company to Work. U can enjoy working here in any way u want and can learn a lot which u never experienced in your life before .. They provide numerous benefits and safe work environment

Pros

Everything is best.

Cons

No cons

Unless your Asian this place is awful

Customers are allowed to do whatever they like... Diamond members have hit staff and the staff member has been in trouble. Illegal activity is covered up for rich asians who have no interest in the country just gamble and be rude. This place is sole destroying they should be forced to reveal how many people commit suicide and the families who are devestated by the ''Entertainment'' provided. Staff are treated terribly.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Rude, you may need to keep quiet about illegal activity. Dont ask question. English is not needed.

Awesome work environment and benefits!

The job pressure is huge in the casino yet the management is so responsible and caring. The work environment is amazing with the benefits for its employees. Everything seems fair.

An Awesome Team

Loved working for the Star. Great team, inclusive, fun and you are really spoilt with your uniform dry cleaned for you and ready every shift. Beautiful onsite food supplied for you. Lovely patrons and if you enjoy 24/7 day rotating roster this is the job for you.

Pros

Fully catered for meals

Productive and fun work place with different games.

Its 24/7 work place with multicultural and diversified people. Proper management with good planning of work and roster. Good team work so every hard work has got solution to finish with good result.

Not Fun Workplace at all

they think they are the best in Hospitality, they want you to provide a high quality service, but they pay you very little in relation to other conventional restaurants, there is a lot of competition between coworkers and a lot of stress. Horrible Organizational Culture

Great experience

A mixture of 3-5 stars given in some areas of the survey. Work life balanced was 3 due to the fact that we are doing shift which rotates 24 hrs around the clock. 3 was given again at job security and advancement because most of our cocktail servers are recruited as casuals. Therefore shifts are not guaranteed. 4 was given to work culture due to the lack of motivation seen in others. most4 was given to management team due to lack of communication which caused repeated mistakes. Overall, I rate it 5 stars.

all good

Honest good management team work one time grate leader listen to the problem and solve them right a way or look in ti it.will dress eye for a detail good please to work,

Very fast paced environment and always on your toes

Constant moving and fast paced environment. Full time training is provided in which will help you towards your time on the gaming floor and very hands on. Must be good with numbers and constantly thinking on your feet. Hardest part of the job would be dealing and entertaining with the customers while focusing on the task in front of you.

Magnificent learning journey.

Team members are friendly in all departments, in which they are very helpful in so many ways. The workplace environment is fun and exciting as each day you will be amazed with what the company (The Star) offers for the team members especially in the Eat Street (staff cafeteria).

Pros

Sumptous Food

Best company in Sydney to work for

Lots of benefits, clean uniform, buffet , discounted parking and lightrail Nice place to work , really love this company. I left once and came back straight away as I missed it , I love my croupier job and the costumers , mostly are really nice , of course if you are nice with them , mostly are lovely

Great job lots of fun!

Great place to work with fun to be had along the way. Senior management needs to learn the importance of culture change and be more supportive of the team with better work life balance

Pros

Fun

Cons

Poor work life balance

great learning environment

I completed my apprenticeship here through the Star Culinary Institute. As part of the apprenticeship we all had the opportunity to move to a different restaurant every 3 months. Tafe was organised scheduled and paid for. we also had masterclasses and in house competitions to encourage learning and development. The Star is dedicated to your growth and development as a chef and sets you up for a great career ahead.

One of the best place to work.

Great company. You can gain experience in various environments and platforms without having to leave. Matrix structure does provide some good checks and balances.

Great People, inexperienced management

People were very supportive and helpful. Management is naive and inexperienced, leading to over optimistic targets being set each year and not being met - leading to impacts to staff remuneration (e.e. large % bonuses, set as part of TRP but not being paid).

Pros

Staff Canteen

Cons

No investment in corporate staff training or development

Best

Genial meilleur employeur de sydney et de + une facilité d'emploi

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Star Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Star Entertainment Group