The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews for Chef

Chef4 reviews
Australia4 reviews
place should be workable and funny. then u can love your work. other things is that staff and management should have good relation. this 2 things makes companies growth. And staff need some flexibility. if he or she need urgent day off. company should give.
Pros
its good for stuff. it will make good relation with company and stuff.
Cons
long hour is not so good all the time. but if need, you should do. not for all times.
i joined the star entertainment group February 2015. it was great fun to work with nearly 1000 employees with different nationality.i worked in garde manger.
A typical day at work is picking up stock before the long trek up to the kitchen. Then I top up, rotate stock, and plate up and make orders as the dockets come in. I've learnt many things,how to prep, how to work in a line; a service situation, and many chef skills.
The hardest part of the job is that as hard as I work, I get paid very little. so it's less enjoyable.
Pros
Free Meal swipe, 20% discount casino wide
Cons
Low pay
Busy and constant day at work
The hardest part is the uncertainty on hours, as it is everywhere in hospitality.

In saying that, I have always ended up finding hours, because I was always asking and available.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Star Entertainment Group?