The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

I Really Enjoyed working there.Good salary. Nice people and environment. Wish i can go back there one day .Meal and uniform provided. Free light rail from central station to Star City
Pros
Free meal, Uniform provided
Working at The Star is something different compared to other places. It has polished my customer service skills more than before & have more experience in situation handling.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
The pay is amazing however, due to being a 24/7 business, its hard to have a balanced work/life balance. Especially on Christmas and New Years. There is also a block out period around Christmas where you can't take leave from work, without special confirmation from management.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, uniform provided, dry cleaning provided
Cons
24/7 availability, no time off at Christmas
Great salary, great culture, great team, great location, great training, great management, great uniforms, great staff meals and advantages. This place was a dream to work in, open 24 hours so offered a fantastic flexibility to suit everyone. Highly recommended
Pros
Free meals, Egyptian cotton made uniforms
Cons
Working as a security . Pay is not good but take all the pressure from them . Shift work They don't care about people who travelling from far , just give 4 hrs shift , but when they recruit they promise to give you 8 hr or 12 hr shift a day . Sometime u don't get break but if u late for 2 to 3 min to go to the door , the supervisor scream and shout at you but they don't care about our break . Bad bad nd bad don't even think to get a job here
Pros
Terrible supervisors
Cons
Less hr nd Long travel to work
I feel like this company should be used on the set of Mad Men, it is such a dated environment and ultimate boys club. And the way everything is managed is atrocious. This place makes money in spite of itself.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Morale
I enjoy working in disability fields because it is of my career. I completed bachelor degree in disability at ACU. Sometime it very challengeable defends on the situation of the clients behaviour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hour a day
The Star has offered me a wealth of opportunity and experience for which I am very grateful. These include refined customer service skills and adaptability.
Pros
Free cafeteria meals, great staff, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Good team focus and culture but at time a bit "blokey" and bit too much of a locker room. Fun and varied when working on the frontline but profit driven when you move in managment.
Pros
Free meals, uniform
Cons
Profit driven
Working condition is satisfactory. Worked with great people and nice team member. The hardest part is working pn hrave uard shift. Management makes sure that employees are well compensated.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Shift work
good place to work, with good benefits, free meal during the shift, free uniform with laundry . co-work come from many nationality so you many culture from them.
Pros
feer meals
Cons
long hour
big organization, sometime low supervision on the management team great benefit package and so much fun and exciting to meet the well known people rotation roster 24/7 full time, part time and casual available uniform provided free food discount parking on site lode hours on weekends and public holidays
Pros
free meal, discount parking on site
Cons
shift rotation 24/7
12 1/2 yrs of working here is as a croupier is challenging, since i work mostly in the private room and play with big spender or what we call junkets where they bet big amount of money, have to be attentive and concentration on the job is what more important,
Pros
Free food, they provide uniforms (laundry and dry cleaning) and working environment
Cons
Shifting, hate graveyard shift.
opportunity to negotiate suitable business hours however be contactable via supplied phone inline with standard business hours if/ when required. In house and external training is provided as well as uniforms for front line staff and meals for all. I worked at Star for 20 years and would happily recommend to family and friends
Pros
free lunch, discounted city parking
Cons
24/7 operations
Working at The Star Entertainment Group was the best experience of my life, very professional company , nice environment , good team of colleagues , benefits and wonderful ambient
place should be workable and funny. then u can love your work. other things is that staff and management should have good relation. this 2 things makes companies growth. And staff need some flexibility. if he or she need urgent day off. company should give.
Pros
its good for stuff. it will make good relation with company and stuff.
Cons
long hour is not so good all the time. but if need, you should do. not for all times.
i joined the star entertainment group February 2015. it was great fun to work with nearly 1000 employees with different nationality.i worked in garde manger.
A typical day at work is picking up stock before the long trek up to the kitchen. Then I top up, rotate stock, and plate up and make orders as the dockets come in. I've learnt many things,how to prep, how to work in a line; a service situation, and many chef skills. The hardest part of the job is that as hard as I work, I get paid very little. so it's less enjoyable.
Pros
Free Meal swipe, 20% discount casino wide
Cons
Low pay
Clean the kitchen before and after the work of the chefs, keep the kitchen clean during the work of the chefs. Washing all the dishes, pots, polishing cups, forks and knives.
Busy and constant day at work The hardest part is the uncertainty on hours, as it is everywhere in hospitality. In saying that, I have always ended up finding hours, because I was always asking and available.
the Casino was great place to work, fantastic working environment, great place to understand HR and how payroll interacts with the HR and learning about a new system.
Pros
great benefits, working environment
Cons
deadlines