The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Australia118 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Not bad if you have other commitment

easy job over all, one thing to keep in mind is do not take customer's anger personally. One good thing is you get to work with different people everyday, and some of them might been there for ages but you never seen them around.

Pros

free meals

Cons

shift work

Its a great place to work.

12 1/2 yrs of working here is as a croupier is challenging, since i work mostly in the private room and play with big spender or what we call junkets where they bet big amount of money, have to be attentive and concentration on the job is what more important,

Pros

Free food, they provide uniforms (laundry and dry cleaning) and working environment

Cons

Shifting, hate graveyard shift.

The Star Entertainment Group

opportunity to negotiate suitable business hours however be contactable via supplied phone inline with standard business hours if/ when required. In house and external training is provided as well as uniforms for front line staff and meals for all. I worked at Star for 20 years and would happily recommend to family and friends

Pros

free lunch, discounted city parking

Cons

24/7 operations

Best Place where I've ever work

Working at The Star Entertainment Group was the best experience of my life, very professional company , nice environment , good team of colleagues , benefits and wonderful ambient

company

place should be workable and funny. then u can love your work. other things is that staff and management should have good relation. this 2 things makes companies growth. And staff need some flexibility. if he or she need urgent day off. company should give.

Pros

its good for stuff. it will make good relation with company and stuff.

Cons

long hour is not so good all the time. but if need, you should do. not for all times.

workplace fun

i joined the star entertainment group February 2015. it was great fun to work with nearly 1000 employees with different nationality.i worked in garde manger.

Excellent Place to do an apprenticeship

A typical day at work is picking up stock before the long trek up to the kitchen. Then I top up, rotate stock, and plate up and make orders as the dockets come in. I've learnt many things,how to prep, how to work in a line; a service situation, and many chef skills. The hardest part of the job is that as hard as I work, I get paid very little. so it's less enjoyable.

Pros

Free Meal swipe, 20% discount casino wide

Cons

Low pay

Productive and friendly

Clean the kitchen before and after the work of the chefs, keep the kitchen clean during the work of the chefs. Washing all the dishes, pots, polishing cups, forks and knives.

Produtive

Busy and constant day at work The hardest part is the uncertainty on hours, as it is everywhere in hospitality. In saying that, I have always ended up finding hours, because I was always asking and available.

Fantasic first HR job to learn about contracts EBA's and payroll

the Casino was great place to work, fantastic working environment, great place to understand HR and how payroll interacts with the HR and learning about a new system.

Pros

great benefits, working environment

Cons

deadlines

Great hourly rates, flexible working hours

Fun environment, plenty of opportunities for growth. Plenty of exposure to training and career development. Customer experience is a major focus at this company.

Pros

Company provided meals

Cons

Slow periods

Management needs to improve

I genuinely did enjoy my time at the Star Casino. This is due to the amazing colleagues I had. I think that the Casino makes bad choices in management and they don't see their staff as their number one priority.

Pros

Free lunches, uniforms provided and laundering

very good company

good and very balanced days working in a very large company that star is a place with a very strong work culture the hardest part was learning all the policies that a big company like the star has. very good organisation and lots of facilities for staff member

The Star Casino

Greet customers and provide patron assistance on the main gaming floor. Manage casino applications and perform casino promotions. Demonstrate The Star’s key values within the host position. Utilising skills and knowledge learnt in VIP and applied to current role.

it was a fun workplace

Management was bad in the beginning but the company hired an outside manager and lots of problems fixed! Staff and customers were friendly. Love the staff's benefit. Lots of professional development and staff uniform provided, washed n ironed!

Pros

free show tickets, monthly award

Cons

24/7/month rotating roster

Fun place to work, good collegue

Very busy environment , always doing something , help one another. Follow your tasks.. 24/7 working place..with rotating roster, morning afternoon night

Diverse, can be demanding, good team.

TheStar provides a diverse workplace both in terms of the people you work with and the customers you deal with on a daily basis. You are expected to provide your best in customer service. Be able to resolve problems, provide information and help with customer needs. Although the hours worked can be all over the place, it does provide some degree of flexibility. As with any shift work position, tiredness is probably the hardest point to deal with along with customer expectations.

Pros

Meals and uniforms are provided by the company.

Cons

Working shift work.

comfortable job but very disorganised and had to sacrifice a lot of quality time.

Most my job was on electrical breakdowns on two way radio throughout the whole building,i got to learn to work mostly on kitchen equipment ovens,dishwashers and other various equipment and my other work was lighting,power on all of the building some a/c and refrigeration and some small installs.

Pros

Good mixture of work.

Cons

Night shifts 12 hours

bbq. work

very busy work, every mins you need to work, but nice work place nice co workers, just only the work, lack of employees to work with me in my section.

Fun Place

Dealing with guests is the most enjoyable and yet could be the hardest part. Working overnight (graveyard) would be the second most difficult. Overall it is exciting and fun environment. No wonder I worked for almost 11 years.

We look after most high rollers of the casino. We fly in VIP clients from around the world to come and play. We also have the star yacht for our members to enjoy

Pros

free light rail. high standards

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Star Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Star Entertainment Group