The Star Entertainment Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Star Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

I Really Enjoyed working there.Good salary. Nice people and environment. Wish i can go back there one day .Meal and uniform provided. Free light rail from central station to Star City
Pros
Free meal, Uniform provided
Fun environment, plenty of opportunities for growth. Plenty of exposure to training and career development. Customer experience is a major focus at this company.
Pros
Company provided meals
Cons
Slow periods
I genuinely did enjoy my time at the Star Casino. This is due to the amazing colleagues I had. I think that the Casino makes bad choices in management and they don't see their staff as their number one priority.
Pros
Free lunches, uniforms provided and laundering
Cons
good and very balanced days working in a very large company that star is a place with a very strong work culture the hardest part was learning all the policies that a big company like the star has. very good organisation and lots of facilities for staff member
Greet customers and provide patron assistance on the main gaming floor. Manage casino applications and perform casino promotions. Demonstrate The Star’s key values within the host position. Utilising skills and knowledge learnt in VIP and applied to current role.
Management was bad in the beginning but the company hired an outside manager and lots of problems fixed! Staff and customers were friendly. Love the staff's benefit. Lots of professional development and staff uniform provided, washed n ironed!
Pros
free show tickets, monthly award
Cons
24/7/month rotating roster
Very busy environment , always doing something , help one another. Follow your tasks.. 24/7 working place..with rotating roster, morning afternoon night
TheStar provides a diverse workplace both in terms of the people you work with and the customers you deal with on a daily basis. You are expected to provide your best in customer service. Be able to resolve problems, provide information and help with customer needs. Although the hours worked can be all over the place, it does provide some degree of flexibility. As with any shift work position, tiredness is probably the hardest point to deal with along with customer expectations.
Pros
Meals and uniforms are provided by the company.
Cons
Working shift work.
Most my job was on electrical breakdowns on two way radio throughout the whole building,i got to learn to work mostly on kitchen equipment ovens,dishwashers and other various equipment and my other work was lighting,power on all of the building some a/c and refrigeration and some small installs.
Pros
Good mixture of work.
Cons
Night shifts 12 hours
very busy work, every mins you need to work, but nice work place nice co workers, just only the work, lack of employees to work with me in my section.
Dealing with guests is the most enjoyable and yet could be the hardest part. Working overnight (graveyard) would be the second most difficult. Overall it is exciting and fun environment. No wonder I worked for almost 11 years.
We look after most high rollers of the casino. We fly in VIP clients from around the world to come and play. We also have the star yacht for our members to enjoy
Pros
free light rail. high standards
Cons
the typical day at work is to prepare the restaurant for service, manage stock and provide a good customer service. The management is friendly and approachable. My co-workers are friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is when it's busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with people and what I've learned about the job is how to manage and run a restaurant.
Pros
Free trams, food and uniforms are cleaned for you every shift
Cons
Long hours sometimes
improved my bar-tending skills, co-works are hard working and easy to get along with, good place to work and have a laugh
Pros
free meals
Cons
First of all , working at one of the biggest Casino in Australia was a dream come true. It is a good environment and elegant ambience. Ive learnced so much while i was a croupier, ever since i worked and stand for 8 hours, I've met hundreds or thousands different people from across the globe and i have to be honest, it was very excited that I try to acknowledge and try to understand what they want and need. And you get to acknowledged their mood, so you have to give your 5 star services no matter what.I guest i rated my experienced at The star casino as a 5grand star.and now I'm searching for a job in those kind of environment..it is CROWN CASINO
Very tedious job but good pay in the end. Getting to know regulars but also dealing with frustrated guest that have lost big amounts of money and will aim for a target to release their frustration.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Overnight shifts
My personal experience at the Star was positive in all aspects of the job. As a Table Games Dealer it was fun as we would meet so many different people from all backgrounds both colleagues and guests. At the same time it was very professional due t the fact that cash handling was a major part of the job .
Pros
Free meals, Provided and cleaned uniform
Due to job agreement, I cannot share any relevant information about Star Casino. However, I can easily say that it is an amazing place to work and develop the hospitality skills.
Although Ive been at the STAR for almost 6 years the level of career progression is stunted somewhat as theres a lot of internal politics that plays out. The hours are very eccentric theres no proper work/life balance as I may work 3 different shifts in one week which upsets the life side of things. As a staff member though the STAR offers a lot of perks like free food, free tram travel, superb uniforms laundered, company wide 20% and staff parties, industry based courses & cross training.
Goldmark was paramount in my initial introduction to the jewellery industry and training me as a junior manager. I was privileged to have been mentored by some amazing managers who had many years of sales experience and took me on as a daughter. Goldmark groomed me for a happy and successful career in sales and management.
Pros
promotion
Cons
staff cutbacks
great to work for free food free uniforms only negative is starting at 4.00am means you have to get up at 2.30am,they need to adjust some shifts
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shift times