The TJX Companies, Inc.

41: The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,006 reviews

Was great when I first started, quickly learnt that I was wrong and it isn't a good place to work.

Within the first week of starting there I learnt quickly who I could and couldn't trust, majority talk badly behind one another's back including management. They promise you things that dont end up happening, waste alot of time fixing lazy associate's mistakes with no recognition, casual rate is $27- while part-time is 22.30 an hour when part-time associatiates work alot harder for minimal wage. 25 hours per week are the most hours anyone will get unless your management. Ungrateful and disrespectful staff would definitely not recommend anyone to work there unless they want to be over worked and under payed.

Pros

There's a handful of good people who work there

Cons

Majorly over worked defiently under payed

Awful managers, non-existent training. Decent salary and co-workers.

Received practically no training, had to learn everything on the go myself - or ask for help from more experienced workers. The male manager who was present for most of my shifts played favourites and made new employees deeply uncomfortable, but the female managers were far easier to work with.Pay was solid for casual work and co-workers were friendly enough, but clearly had 'cliques'.As a sales associate you WILL be expected to 'volunteer' to help out everywhere that is needed. Eg: Working the floor, laying out and tagging clothing items, sorting deliveries at the loading dock, and working the registers. Do not expect to find something you enjoy doing and be able to stick to it. You must be flexible and able to stay on your feet all day.

Good place to earn some extra cash and gain some work experience

I was able to relate to some fellow workers who had empathy and generally were very kind. Tasks were pretty self explanatory and not too difficult but areas such as the cash register did involve training you through 'shadowing,' rather you were just told how to use it and had to learn through trial and error which can cause customer frustration, especially during busy periods. Overall, this was the hardest part of the job. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning from other workers who had been in that company for longer and were understanding of your competency to do tasks. Lastly, if you don't make a shift don't expect to be rostered the following week/s as it is expected you are available at anytime with little personal commitments.

Pros

Met some great people and learnt essential retail skills.

Cons

Hours are immediately removed/reduced if you cannot make one shift due to legitimate reason/s.

Fun place to work! Lots of hours.

I was hired as a Christmas Casual (October 2020 -January 2021) and enjoyed my time working for the company, I learnt a lot and got along well with everyone I worked with. I liked that shifts were usually a minimum 5 hours and a maximum of 9 hours, managers were very generous with giving hours and accommodating to any requests. Managers were really appreciative of the hard work employees did and I was often thanked especially when doing a good job at cleaning. As a Christmas gift each employee received a $50 TK Maxx voucher and a TK Maxx drink bottle. The only con for me was that even though the roster was published far in advance, you would have to check each day as your hours may have changed without much notice. Unfortunately I was not kept on after the contract finished but there is a good chance they will keep you on. I had an interview with 3 different TK Maxx stores so I recommend applying for more than one.

Pros

Long Hours, Great Hourly Rate

Cons

Hours changed unexpectedly, Contract Ended

Great Place to work if you like to be busy

All the staff at TJX are super friendly and never make you feel uncomfortable, even if you make a mistake. I worked over the Christmas period and there was all something, if not two things to be doing. The job was quite fast pace, but not overwhelming, which I really enjoyed. I felt that I was trusted with responsibilities and there was always room to progress and improve.

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

Unpaid breaks

fun and welcome environment

as a casual in retail the most enjoyable part of the job would be just helping customers and welcoming them into the work place or even just helping them with any questions they want to know about the product and making sure the workplace is shoppable for customers to shop in.

Pros

Cons

not that many shifts

Very productive

Customer satisfaction and customer first handling enquiries, complaints and grievances Supportive of staff and educating staff Customers involved with innovation and collaboration

Pros

Great working staff

Cons

productive and fast paced work environment

this was a productive amd fast paced work environment. good people and teamwork. a variety of different tasks on rotation made sure no day was the same.

Unproductive, unreliable

-- Easy work -- Hours are not guaranteed and can drop from 20hrs to 4hrs in the matter of a week -- Hands on job on some days, others can be very quiet and chilled

fast paced

At tkmaxx it is very fast paced. most days there was many pallets to break down and to take out into the store. alot of moving departments around and making merchandise look good

The worst manager

The manager was the worst i have ever had also telling me that it is about the company not the employee when asking about my hours as i was getting unfair hours. Then following that maybe retail isnt for me.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Fast paced but enjoyabe work place

If I start in the morning I would be helping on the split and sorting our inventory so it can go out on the store floor the same day it arrives. After sorting I would put out the stock until I either get called to registers where I serve, talk and bag. I know how to do everything at the registers including; sales, refunds and exchanges. The management are lovely and listen to what you have to say and act if needed. I would say the hardest part would be making sure all the stock gets put on the floor so customers always have access to all stock. The most enjoyable part is the people I get to see and work with.

competitive and team work

i am in charge of storing , i like it even it is tiring and demand physic work. also sometimes i had been called to some some conflicts whit customers.

Pros

nice enviroment

Cons

working part time

horrible management

disgusting management poor workplace low customer service values, expectations way too high, no proper training, harassment, and poor management skills, little to no hours, poor workplace culture, bad area, small shifts felt like forever

Pros

Cons

everything

Productive, enjoyable and fun filled place with respect

The day at TK MAXX was productive, fun and enjoyable. I learnt a lot. My colleagues were kind and taught me their work culture. They accepted and treated me with respect. I learnt book-keeping,more about being a customer representative and to stock goods in timely manner. The very important learning was, how to attend a customer in their need. The best part was their work culture. There wasn't any specific rule that was supposed to be followed. There wasn't anything such as hardest part of the job as the entire learning experience was filled with joy and love from my colleagues. The best and enjoyable part of the job was the way all the team members supported each other on the floor and their united front.

Amazing people

I love working there and love the people I work with. However I wish there was more stability regarding hours. Struggling with money so could use the extra.

The environment is worse place to work

Lot of favoritism is involved. Department boss are incompetent and never any appreciation is given on hard work. I had done a lot of exegerting work for them including many times physical work but was never rewarded or appreciated

Very busy a lot of the time and the workers aren't the friendliest

Going to work and then beginning to unpack stock, tag, hang, co-ordinate by size, then send out to floor. I learnt how to interact and help customers and work on the register. The management is average.

replenishment

work experience placing away products not much to learn as it l was only there on work experience management where nice not that l got to see them much workplace culture was good had nice people showing me what to do hardest part of the job was waiting around for someone to show me what to do next most enjoyable part of the job was having to do something instead of staying at home doing nothing

Pros

people where nice

Cons

not a paying job

Fast paced and good environment

I really did enjoy my time working with The TJX Company. The managers and co-workers become like family, but still in a professional way. It was always fast paced and something to do.

busy but fun

Working with hard working and fun,easy going people made everyday just a little better even when we were very busy. I learnt how to multi-task with helping more than 1 customer at a time, especially Christmas period.

Pros

always busy so the day goes fast.

Cons

unhappy customers at the registers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The TJX Companies, Inc. with

• The TJX Companies, Inc.