The TJX Companies, Inc.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from The TJX Companies, Inc.:

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews
as a casual in retail the most enjoyable part of the job would be just
helping customers and welcoming them into the work place or even just helping them with any questions they want to know about the product and making sure the workplace is shoppable for customers to shop in.
Pros
Cons
not that many shifts
All the staff at TJX are super friendly and never make you feel uncomfortable, even if you make a mistake. I worked over the Christmas period and there was all something, if not two things to be doing. The job was quite fast pace, but not overwhelming, which I really enjoyed. I felt that I was trusted with responsibilities and there was always room to progress and improve.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Customer satisfaction and customer first handling enquiries, complaints and grievances
Supportive of staff and educating staff

Customers involved with innovation and collaboration
Pros
Great working staff
Cons
this was a productive amd fast paced work environment. good people and teamwork. a variety of different tasks on rotation made sure no day was the same.
-- Easy work
-- Hours are not guaranteed and can drop from 20hrs to 4hrs in the matter of a week

-- Hands on job on some days, others can be very quiet and chilled
At tkmaxx it is very fast paced. most days there was many pallets to break down and to take out into the store. alot of moving departments around and making merchandise look good
The manager was the worst i have ever had also telling me that it is about the company not the employee when asking about my hours as i was getting unfair hours. Then following that maybe retail isnt for me.
Pros
Discount
Cons
If I start in the morning I would be helping on the split and sorting our inventory so it can go out on the store floor the same day it arrives. After sorting I would put out the stock until I either get called to registers where I serve, talk and bag. I know how to do everything at the registers including; sales, refunds and exchanges. The management are lovely and listen to what you have to say and act if needed. I would say the hardest part would be making sure all the stock gets put on the floor so customers always have access to all stock. The most enjoyable part is the people I get to see and work with.
i am in charge of storing , i like it even it is tiring and demand physic work. also sometimes i had been called to some some conflicts whit customers.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
working part time
disgusting management poor workplace low customer service values, expectations way too high, no proper training, harassment, and poor management skills, little to no hours, poor workplace culture, bad area, small shifts felt like forever
Pros
Cons
everything
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The TJX Companies, Inc.?
The day at TK MAXX was productive, fun and enjoyable. I learnt a lot. My colleagues were kind and taught me their work culture. They accepted and treated me with respect. I learnt book-keeping,more about being a customer representative and to stock goods in timely manner. The very important learning was, how to attend a customer in their need. The best part was their work culture. There wasn't any specific rule that was supposed to be followed. There wasn't anything such as hardest part of the job as the entire learning experience was filled with joy and love from my colleagues. The best and enjoyable part of the job was the way all the team members supported each other on the floor and their united front.
I love working there and love the people I work with. However I wish there was more stability regarding hours. Struggling with money so could use the extra.
Lot of favoritism is involved. Department boss are incompetent and never any appreciation is given on hard work. I had done a lot of exegerting work for them including many times physical work but was never rewarded or appreciated
Going to work and then beginning to unpack stock, tag, hang, co-ordinate by size, then send out to floor. I learnt how to interact and help customers and work on the register. The management is average.
work experience
placing away products

not much to learn as it l was only there on work experience

management where nice not that l got to see them much

workplace culture was good had nice people showing me what to do

hardest part of the job was waiting around for someone to show me what to do next

most enjoyable part of the job was having to do something instead of staying at home doing nothing
Pros
people where nice
Cons
not a paying job
I really did enjoy my time working with The TJX Company.
The managers and co-workers become like family, but still in a professional way. It was always fast paced and something to do.
Working with hard working and fun,easy going people made everyday just a little better even when we were very busy. I learnt how to multi-task with helping more than 1 customer at a time, especially Christmas period.
Pros
always busy so the day goes fast.
Cons
unhappy customers at the registers.
It was a fun work placement I had time to be independent and know what goes around Retail business but It was challenging but It was worth a try and always thinking positive and welcoming customers in the store and welcoming them back for another visit
Cons
9am to 2-3pm
Everyone was constantly complaining about management, their unreachable targets, how much over time they worked and each other. This is the most horrible place I have worked by far.
Pros
There are a few nice people.
Cons
You may end up working in a different role to what you applied for and hoarding useless free stuff.
If you’re looking for a position that you’ll be running around for, this is the company for you, can be fun if you don’t mind that. Management seems good.
A typical day is slow, its a very dull environment. Processing of stock would occur throughout the day as well as serving customers regularly. Maintenance and cleaning are essential to keep the store tidy. Most enjoyable part of the day is seeing what our store sells and listening to customers when they enjoy shopping there, but also the least enjoyable would also be unhappy customers that are nasty and impatient.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K