The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

replenishment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW24 August 2019
work experience
placing away products
not much to learn as it l was only there on work experience
management where nice not that l got to see them much
workplace culture was good had nice people showing me what to do
hardest part of the job was waiting around for someone to show me what to do next
most enjoyable part of the job was having to do something instead of staying at home doing nothing
Pros
people where nice
Cons
not a paying job
busy but fun
Customer Service, unpacking stock, Tagging (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW17 June 2019
Working with hard working and fun,easy going people made everyday just a little better even when we were very busy. I learnt how to multi-task with helping more than 1 customer at a time, especially Christmas period.
Pros
always busy so the day goes fast.
Cons
unhappy customers at the registers.
Good experience
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW6 May 2019
It was a fun work placement I had time to be independent and know what goes around Retail business but It was challenging but It was worth a try and always thinking positive and welcoming customers in the store and welcoming them back for another visit
Cons
9am to 2-3pm
The Worst
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW12 April 2019
Everyone was constantly complaining about management, their unreachable targets, how much over time they worked and each other. This is the most horrible place I have worked by far.
Pros
There are a few nice people.
Cons
You may end up working in a different role to what you applied for and hoarding useless free stuff.
Fast paced
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2019
If you’re looking for a position that you’ll be running around for, this is the company for you, can be fun if you don’t mind that. Management seems good.
Its Okay
Sales Consultant - Service (Current Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD12 March 2019
A typical day is slow, its a very dull environment. Processing of stock would occur throughout the day as well as serving customers regularly. Maintenance and cleaning are essential to keep the store tidy. Most enjoyable part of the day is seeing what our store sells and listening to customers when they enjoy shopping there, but also the least enjoyable would also be unhappy customers that are nasty and impatient.
Highly chaotic head office environment
Allocations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mascot Sydney8 February 2019
This company doesn't live up to it's hype.

There are 3 issues with this company.
1.Pay
2.Management
3.Lack of career progression

*Most staff are genuinely nice to work with... if you actually get the time to speak with them. There is far too much to do, and the management seem to look down on staff who are not glued to their desks.

* The company uses the excuse that their "fun" culture makes up for the extremely low salary. This role in other companies pay much more than this. Do yourself a favour and do research before committing to recieving thousands of dollars less.

* Don't bother applying if your ambitious. The company promises progression, but constantly promotes outside the company. There are people doing the exact same role for 4-5 years.

* No loyalty. Treated as a number not a person. Constantly told by planner that "everybody is replaceable". High staff turnover.
Pros
Set hours. 10% off staff discount.
Cons
Poor team culture. Lack of progression. Extremely low pay.
Productive workplace
NSW - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW19 January 2019
working at Tk Maxx would consist of long hrs, tagging clothing items, cleaning, checking fitting rooms and helping out with registers. Every shift was always productive and busy. When one job was done, there was always another to be completed
Pros
Income
Cons
Long Hours
Providing a great Customer Experience
Sales Associate - Casual (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 January 2019
TK Maxx aims to help customers efficiently, in a friendly manner for a pleasant shopping experience.
I have learned to:
- Deliver excellent customer service in high volume retail environment
- Stock management, merchandising and visual display
- Process the security procedures for minimising shop-lifts
- Maintain the sales floor for a safe and pleasant shopping experience
- Operate the point of sale system
- Process sales, returns and refunds
- Promote sale of gift cards and enhance in-store donations for charity
- Cooperatively work in a team environment
- Work independently with little or no supervision

I haven't yet encountered a complicated scenario to describe as the hardest part of my job. Patience and thoughtful actions help me undertake correct actions.
I enjoy my career path in Retail and assure that I can live up to your expectations.

Thanks.
Productive and fun workplace
Part-time employee, Ladies sports fashion section (Current Employee) –  Coomera QLD7 January 2019
Very easy people to work with and very understanding of personal life. Always trying to give employees the best with hours, events, decorations in the lunch room etc.
Pros
Amazing managers
Cons
Not enough hours
was a very good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 October 2018
Retail perspective it was run well and did engage with employees about procedures. I felt happy going to work and also felt safe whilst working as the management knew how to deal with obstacles that had gone wrong.
Pros
very good enviromnt
Cons
repetitive
Good salary, nice employees, good experience but legs hurt from standing for long hours.
Fitting Room Attendant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg VIC26 September 2018
Their management and schedules are very organised so if you can't make it to work, it is crucial to find someone to replace you for the day or place in the timetable around 2 weeks prior. The environment is clean and safe. The employees are nice and respectful but i during my placement there it was hard to get close or fit in as they are have been working together ( even before the store officially opened) and have are a tight group. Furthermore due to age difference and short time to chill with them ( as everyone was busy working) it was difficult for me to connect with them. Other than that minor issue, TK Maxx is a great working experience.
Alright
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW23 August 2018
Bit of hard work, long days, sore feet, repetitive work but wasnt too bad. Good place to work if your doing different things all the time. Bad place to work at christmas. so much stock, nowhere to put it. People were cool.
Great Experience
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Macgregor QLD15 August 2018
I spent a week at TK Maxx for work experience and it was a really great experience and it opened my eyes to what it is really like to work in retail stores.
A fantastic place to work
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD7 July 2018
great staff great management and great support a typical day can be very fun and exiting the job is very easy to learn and once you have you can basically do anything
Pros
Easy job
Cons
no hours for casuals at some times of the yeart
High Paced & great work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 March 2018
Daily chores are to tend to customer needs, get stock out onto the floor under certain time frame, while serving customers.
I learned how to deal with customer under pressure and to make decisions for the customers needs.
Management at Tk max was fluid and well run.
Workplace culture was always positive, there was never drama or hassles. Looked forward to working there.
Hardest part of the job was when we were under staffed. Then I would perform in five different sections if the store.
Most enjoyable part of the work place would be the feel that the other employees and regular customers were like family.
Pros
Treated well
Cons
Always under staffed
Unorganised company
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland27 February 2018
Managers pick favourites
Shifts are inconsistent or hardly ever
Expect you to drop whatever you're doing to suit their needs
Change the roster without informing staff
Hardly paid the correct amount
Expected to stay back without any extra pay
Great experience
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2018
I have been away for a long time in workforce due to family commitment. And this company had given me a lot of encouragement to continue with my dream. I had an excellent manager and all wonderful colleagues something I missed in working for a top-notched company.
Pros
Happy and enjoyable working cultures
Cons
No cons whatsoever
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW19 February 2018
The workplace environment is very relaxed and comfortable. I have and currently still learn a lot about customer service and the use of registers. A typical day at work included getting all stock onto the floor for customers as they are priority to the company.
fun fast paced work enviroment
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 December 2017
it was easy to be motivated and driven with goals reached daily. the work enviroment was awesome and the relationship with fellow work mates developed into lasting friendships, however times did get stressful through out the christmas period how ever problems were overcame with communication and teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K