The University of Adelaide Employee Reviews

PhD experience
PhD researcher (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 January 2019
The Waite Campus is a fantastic place to study and work.
They have excellent facilities and it's located near the city, which makes easier find the right work/personal life balance
Im researcher in social scienc an postdoctora studie
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 January 2019
I have experience in research and i have valide sientific articles and i have had ten years teaching experience in research methodology and faculty at Iran university
Pros
Faculty members at Iran azad university
Cons
Loung hour
Senior management horrid
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA13 December 2018
A brilliant centre unfortunately mismanaged by the "high ups". Job security and ethics of higher management - zero!
Nice job, great students and good, helpful colleagues. Very constructive and well set up. But...
An Excellent organisation
Various senior administrative officer roles (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, AU5 December 2018
There were so many different roles that could be undertaken here and staff were encouraged to move around. Staff were also encouraged to undertake professional development courses. Great workplace culture.
Pros
great staff
The university course
probationary winemaker (Former Employee) –  South Australia10 November 2018
Nice teachers and teaching materials

Nice studying environment
Incredible
Exchange student (Former Employee) –  australia6 November 2018
A fantastic university and exchange program with lots of opportunities to grow and develop. A fantastic program enabled me to be paired up with a local family and immerse myself into local culture more. Study adelaide also hosted fantastic events.
Productive and serious work place
Lab instructor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA 5005, Australia24 October 2018
- Teaching there is a great experience
- The collaboration between staffs are good, people from different cultures can mingle well at work
- You get pay reasonably for your part-time job (which is my case)
Pros
High wage
Cons
non
VC's Office not like other offices.
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 October 2018
Very reactive position. Totally relied on what came out of the VC's office. I worked for three VC's in the time I was there. Work was quite varied, filing, audio typing, formatting, records management, arranging travel, making tea and coffee for meetings, buying VIP gifts, organising couriers, registering foreign gifts received, collating meeting papers, reconciling credit cards, back-up reception. The PA/EA was very easy to work with.
Pros
Excellent pay
Great !
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 October 2018
It's great to work here as a student. The work culture, studies, and students are the most enjoyable part of the job. Has helped me gain wide knowledge.
Really supportive and fun work environment!
Student Health and Wellbeing Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 September 2018
Both staff and volunteers alike are always very friendly and approachable. Because these roles are made up of Volunteers, everyone has a common interest in what they're working towards and show uttermost enthusiasm to the dedicated job. Excellent support is always on hand, and many benefits are included with the voluntary work that makes the job worth doing.
Pros
Constantly opening opportunities, meet new people
Cons
None!
Productive workplace with work life balance
PhD researcher (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 August 2018
I enjoyed my time in the Uni Adelaide. There are many good workshops available for PhD researchers. Most of the staff members that I interacted with are helpful.
High quality of pedagogical activities
PhD student (Former Employee) –  South Australia18 April 2018
the graduate centre offers several essential courses and workshops to maintain a high quality of research. the university is top-ranked for the research as well educational services.
The city is also a good place to live.
Cons
a little bit lack of job security
Enjoyed teaching
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 December 2017
I enjoyed my time teaching at the University of Adelaide but the current management are very poor and do not respect their staff.

I managed a number of different courses and I enjoyed the travel that arose sometimes in my work.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
management are bad
Awesome place to work
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 November 2017
- Helpful and friendly supervisors.
- Helpful colleagues
- Convenient and safe workplace, awesome conditions
- HR needs to improve how they manage the payment
Very friendly and safe workplace with nice colleagues
Casual Chemistry laboratory demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 November 2017
- Nice working environment, tasks were explained in details and supervised thoroughly.
- Great support from both supervisors and colleagues. Great work conditions.
- High salary.
- HR system needs to improve in their management.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Not professional management system (payroll, timesheet management)
Very enjoyable.
Sensory Panellist (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 November 2017
I enjoy the challenges, the new information and the opportunity to expand my skills and experience. It is always a learning game and I am up to it and continue to improve. My latest achievements accurately and precisely accessing Wine Body and Astringency.
Pros
Always stimulating.
Cons
Poor quality wines.
A very different cuture in academia.
School Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 October 2017
I found it both challenging and enjoyable working with academics who have specific needs around research and education. I particularly appreciated the well structured training provided in the use of the University's financial systems.
Formula SAE
Adelaide University Motorsport Team - Member (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 September 2017
This team is made of students who like racecars and students do not get any salaries at all for it. However, there was around 30 active members in the team, most of them are from Mech fac, some of them are from Elec fac. It provides opportunities to learn different things relate to car designing and manufacturing. I am glad and proud to be part of the team.
Pros
Able to work on things I like
Cons
As a non-paid job, sometime its workload would be a bit too high and affect academic result
Self-starting, tough environment, flaxibility and rewarding
Visiting Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 September 2017
I had many roles at the University of Adelaide. I generally had flexibility to work the hours of my choosing and from home or in the office. Later roles I had the flexibility of my work focus. Assisting PhD students was highly challenging and rewarding, as was starting to work for ERIA through this role. I also did work that was wine economics focused which was enjoyable, busy and very interesting for three years. The contract was not renewed for the role I was doing due to funding constraints, if it had been, I would have stayed.
Pros
Flexibility, learning new skills, independence
Cons
No job security
Uni Adelaide is a top university
Professor & Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA30 August 2017
I liked my time on board and learned a lot about teaching big classes, sometimes without preparation. There are some issues with bad Management, however, this might be solved by now.