The University of Adelaide
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The University of Adelaide Employee Reviews

Australia58 reviews
I loved working here when I arrived in Australia. They treated me with respect and the ability to achieve personal and mental growth. The best place I've tutor so far
Supportive, collaborative team work and motivational activities available. Hard work is encouraged and celebrated. Everyone one contributes in staff meeting.
Great place to work at.
great culture

advancement opportunities

equality for everyone.

great benefits

flexibility

excellent supervisors

wellbeing and whs
good place to work, hard to get permanent positions though.
Good location easy access with public transport, limited parking available, nice people and beautiful campus.
I was offered a 6 month contract at Adelaide while I was pregnant, participating in psychological assessment of Australian Army. The staff were helpful, supportive and it was a successful project.
It an amazing place to work. The staff are wonderful and quite helpful. It has been a good learning experience for me. The work culture is quite relaxed.
My manager was really amazing and supportive and helped me learn and grow throughout my time at Adelaide University.

The work was consistent with the role. It was a great environment and work place culture.
Pros
Regular staff social events, excellent salary, supportive environment and a great location
Cons
Some coworkers were difficult to work with
i am a productive worker making sure to achieve best results and great satisfaction. I am also an ambitious and hard working person. I have some time for relaxation and playing sports also. I respect Authorities and believe in doing the right things.
The work duty is group coordinating and helping students in spoken Chinese and went through several spoken Chinese activities by following the instruction of the textbookin the course Chinese 1B tutorial.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the students got improvement in their spoken Chinese and had fun in learning Chinese and getting to know more about Chinese culture.
The Waite Campus is a fantastic place to study and work.
They have excellent facilities and it's located near the city, which makes easier find the right work/personal life balance
I have experience in research and i have valide sientific articles and i have had ten years teaching experience in research methodology and faculty at Iran university
Pros
Faculty members at Iran azad university
Cons
Loung hour
A brilliant centre unfortunately mismanaged by the "high ups". Job security and ethics of higher management - zero!
Nice job, great students and good, helpful colleagues. Very constructive and well set up. But...
There were so many different roles that could be undertaken here and staff were encouraged to move around. Staff were also encouraged to undertake professional development courses. Great workplace culture.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Nice teachers and teaching materials

Nice studying environment
A fantastic university and exchange program with lots of opportunities to grow and develop. A fantastic program enabled me to be paired up with a local family and immerse myself into local culture more. Study adelaide also hosted fantastic events.
- Teaching there is a great experience
- The collaboration between staffs are good, people from different cultures can mingle well at work

- You get pay reasonably for your part-time job (which is my case)
Pros
High wage
Cons
non
Very reactive position. Totally relied on what came out of the VC's office. I worked for three VC's in the time I was there. Work was quite varied, filing, audio typing, formatting, records management, arranging travel, making tea and coffee for meetings, buying VIP gifts, organising couriers, registering foreign gifts received, collating meeting papers, reconciling credit cards, back-up reception. The PA/EA was very easy to work with.
Pros
Excellent pay
It's great to work here as a student. The work culture, studies, and students are the most enjoyable part of the job. Has helped me gain wide knowledge.
Both staff and volunteers alike are always very friendly and approachable. Because these roles are made up of Volunteers, everyone has a common interest in what they're working towards and show uttermost enthusiasm to the dedicated job. Excellent support is always on hand, and many benefits are included with the voluntary work that makes the job worth doing.
Pros
Constantly opening opportunities, meet new people
Cons
None!
I enjoyed my time in the Uni Adelaide. There are many good workshops available for PhD researchers. Most of the staff members that I interacted with are helpful.
the graduate centre offers several essential courses and workshops to maintain a high quality of research. the university is top-ranked for the research as well educational services.
The city is also a good place to live.
Cons
a little bit lack of job security