The University of Adelaide
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The University of Adelaide Employee Reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

Excellent place to work

Great place to work at. great culture advancement opportunities equality for everyone. great benefits flexibility excellent supervisors wellbeing and whs

Apalling culture

Unethical practices and treatment of their employees and students. This has been widely covered in the press, but does not even get to the bottom of some of the ongoing issues.

Pros

Cons

many

Execellent work place

Supportive, collaborative team work and motivational activities available. Hard work is encouraged and celebrated. Everyone one contributes in staff meeting.

good place to work

good place to work, hard to get permanent positions though. Good location easy access with public transport, limited parking available, nice people and beautiful campus.

Researcher at Adelaide Uni

I was offered a 6 month contract at Adelaide while I was pregnant, participating in psychological assessment of Australian Army. The staff were helpful, supportive and it was a successful project.

Productive and fun workplace

It an amazing place to work. The staff are wonderful and quite helpful. It has been a good learning experience for me. The work culture is quite relaxed.

Great place to work, very professional and supportive environment

My manager was really amazing and supportive and helped me learn and grow throughout my time at Adelaide University. The work was consistent with the role. It was a great environment and work place culture.

Pros

Regular staff social events, excellent salary, supportive environment and a great location

Cons

Some coworkers were difficult to work with

I am productive and active.

i am a productive worker making sure to achieve best results and great satisfaction. I am also an ambitious and hard working person. I have some time for relaxation and playing sports also. I respect Authorities and believe in doing the right things.

Good experience as a Voluunteer Tutor

The work duty is group coordinating and helping students in spoken Chinese and went through several spoken Chinese activities by following the instruction of the textbookin the course Chinese 1B tutorial.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the students got improvement in their spoken Chinese and had fun in learning Chinese and getting to know more about Chinese culture.

PhD experience

The Waite Campus is a fantastic place to study and work. They have excellent facilities and it's located near the city, which makes easier find the right work/personal life balance

Im researcher in social scienc an postdoctora studie

I have experience in research and i have valide sientific articles and i have had ten years teaching experience in research methodology and faculty at Iran university

Pros

Faculty members at Iran azad university

Cons

Loung hour

Senior management horrid

A brilliant centre unfortunately mismanaged by the "high ups". Job security and ethics of higher management - zero! Nice job, great students and good, helpful colleagues. Very constructive and well set up. But...

An Excellent organisation

There were so many different roles that could be undertaken here and staff were encouraged to move around. Staff were also encouraged to undertake professional development courses. Great workplace culture.

Pros

great staff

The university course

Nice teachers and teaching materials Nice studying environment

Incredible

A fantastic university and exchange program with lots of opportunities to grow and develop. A fantastic program enabled me to be paired up with a local family and immerse myself into local culture more. Study adelaide also hosted fantastic events.

Productive and serious work place

- Teaching there is a great experience - The collaboration between staffs are good, people from different cultures can mingle well at work - You get pay reasonably for your part-time job (which is my case)

Pros

High wage

Cons

non

VC's Office not like other offices.

Very reactive position. Totally relied on what came out of the VC's office. I worked for three VC's in the time I was there. Work was quite varied, filing, audio typing, formatting, records management, arranging travel, making tea and coffee for meetings, buying VIP gifts, organising couriers, registering foreign gifts received, collating meeting papers, reconciling credit cards, back-up reception. The PA/EA was very easy to work with.

Pros

Excellent pay

Great !

It's great to work here as a student. The work culture, studies, and students are the most enjoyable part of the job. Has helped me gain wide knowledge.

Really supportive and fun work environment!

Both staff and volunteers alike are always very friendly and approachable. Because these roles are made up of Volunteers, everyone has a common interest in what they're working towards and show uttermost enthusiasm to the dedicated job. Excellent support is always on hand, and many benefits are included with the voluntary work that makes the job worth doing.

Pros

Constantly opening opportunities, meet new people

Cons

None!

High quality of pedagogical activities

the graduate centre offers several essential courses and workshops to maintain a high quality of research. the university is top-ranked for the research as well educational services. The city is also a good place to live.

Cons

a little bit lack of job security

Enjoyed teaching

I enjoyed my time teaching at the University of Adelaide but the current management are very poor and do not respect their staff. I managed a number of different courses and I enjoyed the travel that arose sometimes in my work.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

management are bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Adelaide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4