The University of Queensland Employee Reviews

Ability to explore ideas and potential.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Pinjarra Hills QLD25 June 2018
Good, relaxed and autonomous work. Ability to explore ideas and potential.

I run experiments to determine key data for industry members. My work will be used for the development of a new type of engineer that runs on methanol.
I was studying there
Student (Former Employee) –  QLD3 June 2018
The university of Queensland was a great university to study master of energy studies and great opportunity for me to be part of that. I am so happy about where I was studying.
Great place to work for students looking to gain experience and pocket money
Chemistry Peer Assisted Study Leader (Former Employee) –  University Of Queensland QLD16 May 2018
I definitely recommend working as a tutor at UQ. You get to experience working while you're studying. It pays well and doesn't take up too much of your time. However, competition for tutoring positions are strong and you definitely need to be exceptional to keep getting the job every semester. Good Luck :)
productive and fun loving in research sector
Key Undertakings and Achievements (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 May 2018
great culture and great people. it is a wonderful place to work. Excellent academic and research environment and world class research facilities. it is vey beautiful campus.
Best paying internship you will find
Intern and Equine Medicine and Surgery (Former Employee) –  Gatton, Qld5 March 2018
Great mentors and great facility. Best paying internship you will find. Hard work and long hours. Could do with more HR type management but still a good team.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
UQ Review
Animal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatton QLD29 January 2018
The University of Queensland is a great place to work. They always paid me on time and they have awesome pay rates. However I really struggled to get a separation certificate from them
Good workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2018
It is a good place to work in, helped me grew my skills and knowledge. Gave me opportunity to experience teaching and international internship during my PhD
Great place for graduate positions
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 January 2018
It's a great place for graduates and wanting work experience, however, if you have not studied there from the beginning it's quite difficult to get along with people, as everyone is focused on their jobs, and their circle of friends. But very good money, especially if you're young and don't have many financial responsibilities
Easy work for Knowledgeable Students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2018
As long as you thoroughly understand the subject and are able to communicate with students to understand their difficulties, you will excel in the position. The pay is good and can the hours can fit in to a uni timetable well.
Beautiful view and good study enviroment
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 December 2017
Every aspect of researching life is well organized.
Good group leaders and working conditions.
Plenty of chance to communicate researchers from all around the world.
Working culture good, nice environment, was made Redundant due to restructure at UQ.
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  St Lucia QLD5 December 2017
Good working condition at St. Lucia, The University of Queensland.

My role was Finance Officer within the Scholarships Unit of DVC (EE) portfolio.

I managed the Australia Awards Scholarships financials, including quarterly invoicing, managing student allowances and other scholarship related financial activites and payments.
N/a
Thesis Examination Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 November 2017
This organisation is too big to review. I have held one academic and two professional appointments at UQ and my experiences differed substantially with each position.
Relaxed yet engaging work environment.
Casual Academic CHEM1004 (Former Employee) –  Gatton QLD21 November 2017
I enjoy teaching and communicating with other people. The hardest part was coming up with new ways to explain concepts to students that didn't understand the first time. However, I never felt pressured or uncomfortable. My colleagues and management were really wonderful people.
Productive and fun workplace.
Student Relations Network Call Crew (Current Employee) –  St Lucia QLD30 October 2017
Amazing culture and extremely enjoyable to come to work. I felt constantly supported and able to grow as a person through the job. They provided plenty of training.
very high regarded university in Australia
Tutor - School of Economics (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia12 October 2017
very high regarded university in Australia, best learning and development opportunities
Very tough environment
Program Leader Community Engagement & Consultation (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD12 October 2017
Working on contract is very difficult with periods of service generally depending on the funding you generate through your personal work area. Some contracts may be for 12 months, three months or only a month. A bit tough when you have a family.
Good place and people
Reseacher (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 October 2017
A very good university for research with highly productive research academics. overall I enjoyed my time at UQ, good place and people, a very nice campus.
course assistance
Event Coordinator for Couse Tour3009 (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 September 2017
I was able to working as the course assistance when undertaking the Tour3009 course. It was a valuable experience that I have the opportunity to talk to some CEOs.
supportive colleagues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 September 2017
Supportive colleagues which made all the difference to my enjoyment of the job. However, while pay seems equitable, the hours put in to do an excellent and not just a competent job are not well-rewarded.
Flexible hours and good environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 July 2017
Given flexi hours to complete assignments. Respectful environment. Given access to plentiful resources to conduct necessary research at own time. Enjoyed experience.