The University of Queensland Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Perfect working environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2019
Productive and fun when there are many different researchers with different backgrounds working together in the same environment, sharing funny stories everyday in leisure time.
Producive and organized workplace
Doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 February 2019
A very good place to work. Very organized. I learned a lot, worked with very new laboratory machines that I've never thought I'll work. I learned more about different cultures and respect. The workplace used to be calm and friendly. The tearoom used to be a place to eat our lunch and make friends. The hardest part of the job was the beginning, just to be in use with the routine, safety inductions and all rules. And the most enjoyable job part was seeing my research developing, was really exciting!!
Pros
Always a friendly atmosphere
Cons
work by myself sometimes
My opinion of this position was one of favour. I enjoyed a great salary, and workplace conditions. I advanced to Senior Security Officer/Supervisor .
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 January 2019
The shifts comprised a 24/7 rotating roster.
Each shift involved mobile patrols, foot patrols and comms room operations.
Management were very diligent and all about workplace health and safety.
I made some very good friends as well as work colleagues during my time.
The downside to this position was the shift rotations and very little down time between shift changes.
I enjoyed a working with some great people.
Pros
Great work colleagues and salary
Cons
Shift changes
Great colleagues and supportive environment
Student Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 December 2018
The University of Queensland was both a fun and challenging place to work. Sometimes there were pizza evenings as a treat. Everyone got along well. The hardest part of the job was the statistics content and the most enjoyable part was working alongside friendly people.
Excellent
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 November 2018
Great place to work. Excellent coworkers. Really enjoyed my time there. Great atmosphere. Pay was good for a casual position. Work was relaxed. Really enjoyed
Best workplace ever
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 August 2018
You get well-equipped for the tasks, have a lot of responsibility, you get to more or less choose your own hours, and the pay rate is super high for the work done. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Salary, hours, tasks
Cons
Sometimes we needed to skip lunch during whole day pracs
Productive and friendly place
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 July 2018
I have developed my knowledge in the field of advanced drug delivery systems and analytical chemistry using UHPLC. I have learnt to prepare liposomes using supercritical fluid technology alongside the conventional Bangham Method and solid-state peptide synthesis.
Pros
Supportive environment
Productive and fun workplace
Casual Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 July 2018
I never visited or worked at the UQ campuses (I worked at a different location, but still under UQ). This means that I can not give UQ an accurate review, although my time there was great.
productive and fun loving in research sector
Key Undertakings and Achievements (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 May 2018
great culture and great people. it is a wonderful place to work. Excellent academic and research environment and world class research facilities. it is vey beautiful campus.
Good workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2018
It is a good place to work in, helped me grew my skills and knowledge. Gave me opportunity to experience teaching and international internship during my PhD
Great place for graduate positions
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 January 2018
It's a great place for graduates and wanting work experience, however, if you have not studied there from the beginning it's quite difficult to get along with people, as everyone is focused on their jobs, and their circle of friends. But very good money, especially if you're young and don't have many financial responsibilities
Easy work for Knowledgeable Students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2018
As long as you thoroughly understand the subject and are able to communicate with students to understand their difficulties, you will excel in the position. The pay is good and can the hours can fit in to a uni timetable well.
Beautiful view and good study enviroment
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 December 2017
Every aspect of researching life is well organized.
Good group leaders and working conditions.
Plenty of chance to communicate researchers from all around the world.
N/a
Thesis Examination Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 November 2017
This organisation is too big to review. I have held one academic and two professional appointments at UQ and my experiences differed substantially with each position.
very high regarded university in Australia
Tutor - School of Economics (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia12 October 2017
very high regarded university in Australia, best learning and development opportunities
Good place and people
Reseacher (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 October 2017
A very good university for research with highly productive research academics. overall I enjoyed my time at UQ, good place and people, a very nice campus.
course assistance
Event Coordinator for Couse Tour3009 (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 September 2017
I was able to working as the course assistance when undertaking the Tour3009 course. It was a valuable experience that I have the opportunity to talk to some CEOs.
supportive colleagues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 September 2017
Supportive colleagues which made all the difference to my enjoyment of the job. However, while pay seems equitable, the hours put in to do an excellent and not just a competent job are not well-rewarded.
Flexible hours and good environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 July 2017
Given flexi hours to complete assignments. Respectful environment. Given access to plentiful resources to conduct necessary research at own time. Enjoyed experience.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work: Assistant for event setting (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 July 2017
Great staff to work with, the student services of UQ gave me a training before starting this volunteer work. I gained lots of experiences from this volunteer work, I had a chance to meet employees and discussed about job opportunities at the event.