The University of Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The University of Queensland Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia98 reviews
The University of Queensland is a great place to work, with plenty of incentives and benefits to staff to encourage productivity and boost morale. UQ offers support to all staff, on a range of levels, and provides staff with outstanding flexibility most other employers do not. I had a great time working at UQ.

Pros
Competitive salary; structure; flexibility
Cons
Professional staff aren't treated the same as academic staff - greater divide between equality
The shifts comprised a 24/7 rotating roster.
Each shift involved mobile patrols, foot patrols and comms room operations.

Management were very diligent and all about workplace health and safety.

I made some very good friends as well as work colleagues during my time.

The downside to this position was the shift rotations and very little down time between shift changes.

I enjoyed a working with some great people.
Pros
Great work colleagues and salary
Cons
Shift changes
I am a former student and employee. Both my student time and my employment there was an awful experience. There was no work-life balance, the benefits were good, no opportunity for advancement as a professional staffer, management was terrible and so was the job culture (seemed the bullies got rewarded).
You get well-equipped for the tasks, have a lot of responsibility, you get to more or less choose your own hours, and the pay rate is super high for the work done. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Salary, hours, tasks
Cons
Sometimes we needed to skip lunch during whole day pracs
Great mentors and great facility. Best paying internship you will find. Hard work and long hours. Could do with more HR type management but still a good team.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
The University of Queensland is a great place to work. They always paid me on time and they have awesome pay rates. However I really struggled to get a separation certificate from them
As long as you thoroughly understand the subject and are able to communicate with students to understand their difficulties, you will excel in the position. The pay is good and can the hours can fit in to a uni timetable well.
Even though it's a couple hours a week I always enjoy working!! I love the atmosphere and the colleagues I work with including my bosses. I enjoying workin here because it allows me to contribute to the community.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I work only 2/3hours per week
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The University of Queensland?
Lovely campus. Good colleagues. Stimulating and challenging work. But toxic work culture, incredibly conservative, corporate, damaging. I would not recommend it, even if the salary is good and the job looks fantastic in paper. Crushing place, particularly for younger professionals who will be used and abused in a difficult environment for older and seasoned colleagues.
Pros
good salary
Cons
crushing toxic culture, bullying galore
Super ambiance, personnel jovial, la direction ne tire pas sur la corde et éprouve de la reconnaissance pour le travail bien fait. Dommage que ce soit à 25000km.
It was a nice time at UQ. The university is equipped with state of the art equipment for research . However, salary paid to the PhD researchers is much less than their daily needs.
Pros
lab facilities
Cons
less payment
UQ is a great place to work at. There are lots of great people and great culture. You will be able to have a good work/life balance and great employee benefits.
Actually, custom house restaurant is fully occupied with different people from different country relating the cultural diversity. All the staff members do respect with each oher and is without domination.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busy right from the word go. learnt good customer skills. learnt how
to look after my section ,cleanliness. had good co workers, we

worked as a team. To be constantly on the go. Satisfaction after a

hard days work.
Pros
free morning tea or lunch, depending on your hours.
Cons
long hours.
The company supplied parking and security on site at all times. Partime hours were not enough and no room for advancement. The position outcomes were more than achievable. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
not enough hours