Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 2,467 reviews
If you have a choice look somewhere else
Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 November 2018
Poor direction
bad managers
low wages
sales driven by the qtr
US mantra SELL SELL SELL at any cost
focus is on share price not customer ......................................
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Poor Wages
Terrible work environment in the Service Department
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Scoresby4 April 2018
Understaffed, unrealistic expectations and a cold working environment. All this company cares about is making money. They cannot keep their Service Department Managers and for good reason and in most departments there is a huge staff turnover.
Pros
Not Many
Cons
Inept Managers and Callous Human Resources Staff
Horrible place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 March 2018
Can not stand it, am looking to get out.
Horrible place to work. The culture is shocking, they talk about work life balance, but in truth, does not exist in this company. Keep very far away, in particular avoid the EIP group. This ship is sinking, and fast. No clear direction from management, particularly senior, it’s rife with bullying, threats, there is no motivation. They are severely under resourced; yet more and more is expected. The place is cancer. Avoid.
Pros
A few good people and some good products
Cons
No work life balance, unrealistic demands
Great bunch of people
Pick Pack and Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Thebarton SA16 August 2017
Great place to work, the boss are good, the work colleagues are great, the office staff are great, the environment is great overall, great with oh&s gide lines ect.
Pros
Great mates, Great bosses, Great staff
Cons
Mmmm
Thermo Fisher Scientific looks after their staff
Sales Specialist - Industrial Safety and Gas (Current Employee) –  North Ryde, NSW3 May 2017
My typical day is not typical. My territory consists of all of NSW, north to Grafton, South to the NSW/Vic border and west to Cobar. I speak to customers from stores people to CEO's and all in between. My opinions and advice are sought by consultants, engineers, government employees, Defence Department personnel, hygienists, safety personnel and many more in all manner of industries. My experience covers the toy industry and the motor trade, but mostly the safety and hygiene industry. At Thermo Fisher I have learned the issues facing all levels of government and established myself in the Industrial Hygiene industry.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (TFS) genuinely attempts to create a good work-life balance for it's employees and is actively involved in social equality for all employees. TFS includes all employees globally in corporate information updates through regular email advice, weekly newsletters and Town Hall meetings. The culture at TFS is inclusive, multicultural and highly educated. I have never worked for a company previously where a Masters degree is considered essential for some roles.
The hardest part of my role is losing a customer. The most enjoyable part of my role is winning a lost customer back.
Pros
Free breakfast, fruit, inclusive atmosphere
Cons
Long country trips exceeding 1500 kms/week
Some business units of Thermo Fisher Scientific are good to work for, other divisions not
Sales Manager (ANZ) - Analysers & Sampling Systems (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 January 2017
The products were good and I had good technical support but unfortunately support from senior management was lacking regarding the big projects I was working on with Rio Tinto and Yancoal
Pros
good products
Cons
Senior management lacked vision.
Nice place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 January 2017
Ingham's Chicken is one of the largest meat provider in Australia.

Good salary, and job security is so easy to secure a job.

Nice job management & job culture
Stable
Senior Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scoresby VIC13 June 2016
My work day is very busy
I work on many products
I respect management
I enjoy my co workers company
Hardest part of the job is working required hours
Keeping customer satisfaction
Unrealistic expectations of employees and some staff. Short job life.
Mechanical Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA8 February 2016
I worked at Thermo Fisher Australia for 5 years, started out being a great place to work, but what surprised me the most from day one was management never really cared for their staff skillset, treating us like paper cups, disposable. Being a large company that designs and makes their own products, there was an incredible amount of unreplaceable knowledge that had left Thermo while I was there and they didn't mind at all, management just placed the work load on the next person down the ladder and said 'make it work'.

Management soon changed and job turnover increased dramatically, heavier demands, unrealistic deadlines, outsourcing of fabrication overseas, too many contracts at once trying to grab extra money, and hardly any people that left got replaced as this was also saving company money, it was making it an unpleasant stressful environment to work in, if you did not or could not take the extra work load placed on you, management would then slowly push you out the door.

Putting your hand up and asking for help got ignored as no one had any time to assist as they were all pushed to limits as well, this just marked you as the next person to go out the door.
Average life at Thermo is about 5 years, then you start to feel the unrealistic job pressure placed on you to leave, or they dismiss you in a long drawn out pathetic process.

This is only one section of Thermo in Australia, so hopefully other areas around the globe will be different.
Pros
Awesome and friendly factory floor assy team!
Cons
Unrealistic goals, deadlines and revenue. Management are sly, cowards and bully.
Not a very good place to work in Australia
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Australia27 September 2015
I have been working at Thermofisher for the last 4.5 years.
When I started with the company it was a very good job but with management changes things went down hill very fast.
The staff turn over went through the roof in just a short space of time.

The management style was more of a bullying culture than a leadership style hence the large staff turn over.

The worst thing is that the management at higher levels just ignore
cries from employees and just dismiss them and then they just work you out of the business.

These types of companies need to be held to task on how the do business.

Please remember this is only one small area of thermofisher so I cannot comment on the rest of the company in other countries.

Just Australia very bad keep away if you want to live a happy life.
Pros
Some good people at work
Cons
Very bad managers and bullies
Friendly atmosphere, relaxing and respectful
Costing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA24 March 2014
Management is excellent when looking for results; quiet place to work and plenty of opportunities if you stay with the company for many years.