Thiess
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Thiess Employee Reviews

Australia241 reviews
Would recommend them for anyone who is interested in working for a good company ; they are very family Orientated and supportive; offer plenty of skills and training
Don't waste your time with this company the pay is below Everage no interest in your circumstances if you cannot go to work for whatever reasons toxic company to work for management have no interest
Cons
Perticular boss was old. And understanding . Yet passionate. .
I noticed center that people come from all over to work on project . So good mix young old and professional. Made all worth worth it
Pros
Something to do everyday..
Cons
Job done and have to re apply for next job..
Safety comes first. Encourage all employees to be part of the teamwork. taking care of all their employees during hardship, with a friendly workmate you can rely on.
Working hours are long and there is no time left for the family. If you are new to the company or project it is difficult to communicate because they Work in the company for a long time and they have a network.
It's a good place to start out as a trainee, however after a few months they start to show their true side.
The company itself was good to work for, the on site people and culture is far from anything but nice.

Safety is put aside and viewed as production first, hear it constantly. management on site really need to start thinking with peopl about what's on the cards.
This is a company full of clowns . No regards for your safety . So disorganised on a scale you probably seen before. Do yourself a favour stay as far away as possible
Meet with foreman and leading hands to discuss the day's work. Ensure pre start meeting I carried out. Ensure safe work method statements are completed prior to work starting. Ensure quality is being done
Good Employer. Really focuses on getting the work done right. Pushes idea's to improve processes. Has a great can do culture. Invests in employees though training and mentoring.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
There was a push for greater individual accountability that I felt I was a big part of.
The group plant manager was a great believer of team spirit.

All of the group Plant personnel assisted any time an issue arose
Thiess has a good culture and looks after its people.
It has a gym and whereby management encourages work life balance.

Senior management are very approachable.
Worked in office at Airport west. Moved to sub-offices at various stages , and to work sites. Vetting QA docs for site engineers etc. Attended various meetings. Closed off many work lots to ensure completion. Did a mud map to ensure all works were covered.
Pros
Enjoyed the intellectual stimulation, meeting people, going out on site.
Cons
Disliked the weekly meetings.
Thiess Services (WM) underwent constant growth and change. The business grew in leaps and bounds and had a great culture and leadership. Very enjoyable place to work. Very diversified service offerings, from contaminated land remediation, water treatment, electrical infrastructure R&M, waste services and facilities management.
Working on the M80 and a brilliant experience. I claim the bridges as my own! The men I worked with were experts in their field and and I learned a lot.
Pros
Great wages, great hours, great mates.
Cons
Job came to an end.
Safety was a priority & work crew felt comfortable raising issues with management. Good woerk ethics between both management & crew - everyone was respected no matter what level of work.
A great company to works for, I have learn a lot during my time with Thiess. As a big company you can work in different work environments and locations.
Pros
Comparative rates
I worked in this office within a busy team, job is assigned to each member of the team, who will resolve the issues and procure materials and services on time right time. All supports are provided by the highly professional management. Ad-hoc situations are handled in purchasing. This job was based on mining equipment related therefore high value purchasing involved.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the get together of staff members once a while for special occasions, birthday celebrations every month in the office.

I observed and learned how to work in a busy environment.
Pros
Supportive staff and managment, fun place to work
Cons
Transportation to and fro this place was a little issue for me.
Another FIFO role 26 days on 9 days off.
Very enjoyable boss and team to work with.

As a Gas sniffer / driver no two days were the same, loved the site and amenities.
Pros
Mateship, saftey
Cons
Long swings
Have been given great opportunities with the company. Good safety culture. Look after their employees and are winning a lot of contracts on the Eastern Coast.
a typical day at work starts with a quick risk assessment and group job allocation & tasks, I felt every day I was learning new things as the job changed from day to day, management were nearly always involved when overlooking the job, the attitude of my fellow work mates was generally good as we did have a good working culture in and out of work due to the job being FIFO and being away from home, but over all the most enjoyable part was obviously being paid well and having some training provided and sometimes opportunities to be promoted with in the company
Thiess has since changed to Ventia with new management and with my brief interaction they are doing the right things now. Good luck to all there in the hard climate they work in.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
management