Thiess
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Thiess Employee Reviews

Australia243 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Allowed me to run my side without others over managing.

Thiess offer great reward for hard work when it suited. The redundancy process was pretty average as all the wise men in the East stopped the communication months before the notice was given. Was a great experience for me and a stepping stone to were I am now.I would work for them again if the opportunity arises.

Pros

Never a dull moment

Cons

Sometimes a bit too much with no time to focus on the core tasks.

Not about the people. All about the business.

Pays the bills for now.No opportunities to grow.Lots of redundancies but no extra compensation for people still employed.No consideration for personal preference of flexible work arrangements. I.E working from home.

Working for Thiess.

Before being employed by Thiess I worked for the company as a contractor. I start at Newlands being employed by MPA Surveyors and eventually I got employed by Thiess as an engineer. At that time, I had the opportunity and the privilege to work in the company of some of the best professionals in the mining industry. My work experience with Thiess was one of the best working experiences from my professional life.

Its a good place to work , with no pressure at all

One thing I didn't like at Thiess is the way they were conducting their pre-start meetings. It was very tense and very intimidating. Bosses were always reminding us that if you do this you will get fired which to me is instilling fear to workers

Pros

No pressure of work at all

Cons

No good working infrastructure in the workshop

Production operator

Don't waste your time with this company the pay is below Everage no interest in your circumstances if you cannot go to work for whatever reasons toxic company to work for management have no interest

Enjoyed working for them

Would recommend them for anyone who is interested in working for a good company ; they are very family Orientated and supportive; offer plenty of skills and training

Great. Descent.respectfull

Perticular boss was old. And understanding . Yet passionate. . I noticed center that people come from all over to work on project . So good mix young old and professional. Made all worth worth it

Pros

Something to do everyday..

Cons

Job done and have to re apply for next job..

Proactive and always have a barbeque

Safety comes first. Encourage all employees to be part of the teamwork. taking care of all their employees during hardship, with a friendly workmate you can rely on.

Long hours on site and office

Working hours are long and there is no time left for the family. If you are new to the company or project it is difficult to communicate because they Work in the company for a long time and they have a network.

Dont even

It's a good place to start out as a trainee, however after a few months they start to show their true side. The company itself was good to work for, the on site people and culture is far from anything but nice. Safety is put aside and viewed as production first, hear it constantly. management on site really need to start thinking with peopl about what's on the cards.

If you want to join the circus

This is a company full of clowns . No regards for your safety . So disorganised on a scale you probably seen before. Do yourself a favour stay as far away as possible

Check that all safety procedures are in place before work starts. Meet with project manager to discuss the issues that have come up

Meet with foreman and leading hands to discuss the day's work. Ensure pre start meeting I carried out. Ensure safe work method statements are completed prior to work starting. Ensure quality is being done

Highly Efficient Workplace

Good Employer. Really focuses on getting the work done right. Pushes idea's to improve processes. Has a great can do culture. Invests in employees though training and mentoring.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

A go getter culture that enabled individual endeavour

There was a push for greater individual accountability that I felt I was a big part of. The group plant manager was a great believer of team spirit. All of the group Plant personnel assisted any time an issue arose

Fun place to work

Thiess has a good culture and looks after its people. It has a gym and whereby management encourages work life balance. Senior management are very approachable.

Good professional organisation.

Worked in office at Airport west. Moved to sub-offices at various stages , and to work sites. Vetting QA docs for site engineers etc. Attended various meetings. Closed off many work lots to ensure completion. Did a mud map to ensure all works were covered.

Pros

Enjoyed the intellectual stimulation, meeting people, going out on site.

Cons

Disliked the weekly meetings.

Thiess Services was a great place to work with motivated and well trained people

Thiess Services (WM) underwent constant growth and change. The business grew in leaps and bounds and had a great culture and leadership. Very enjoyable place to work. Very diversified service offerings, from contaminated land remediation, water treatment, electrical infrastructure R&M, waste services and facilities management.

Excellent company with great moral.

Working on the M80 and a brilliant experience. I claim the bridges as my own! The men I worked with were experts in their field and and I learned a lot.

Pros

Great wages, great hours, great mates.

Cons

Job came to an end.

Enjoyable company to work for

Safety was a priority & work crew felt comfortable raising issues with management. Good woerk ethics between both management & crew - everyone was respected no matter what level of work.

Have a great camp with good team work

A great company to works for, I have learn a lot during my time with Thiess. As a big company you can work in different work environments and locations.

Pros

Comparative rates

Fun workplace with supportive management

I worked in this office within a busy team, job is assigned to each member of the team, who will resolve the issues and procure materials and services on time right time. All supports are provided by the highly professional management. Ad-hoc situations are handled in purchasing. This job was based on mining equipment related therefore high value purchasing involved.The most enjoyable part of this job was the get together of staff members once a while for special occasions, birthday celebrations every month in the office. I observed and learned how to work in a busy environment.

Pros

Supportive staff and managment, fun place to work

Cons

Transportation to and fro this place was a little issue for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thiess. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Thiess