Thomson Reuters
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Toxic environment
I worked at Thomson Reuters for 2 and half years. During that time 2 restructures.

Management is very weak. They have no idea of what you do. Too many managers in front of the main manager. You never really know who you report too.

There is lack of support. No structure.

Made very few friends. Everyone was out for themselves no teamwork.

I loved my job and what I did everyday, but the environment was stifling. Not enough to stay.
Pros
able to work from home weekly.
Cons
not a happy environment.
Good short term job nothing else.
Good place if you are lazy and don't want much progression. As the managers are stuck their for life and unless they are made redundant for poor performance (which they never will be as they shift any blame or issues to subordinates) then you will not progress there.

Definitely a good place for someone who has kids, can just chill. Customers come last at Thomson Retuers. Managers come first.
Your hard work been awarded and recognized
Your hard work been awarded and recognized.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis.

Great working culture/vibe and fellow employees.

Transparent about everything.

Amazing benefits.

Providing training on boarding process.
Do not work for this company!!!!
I could write a book about how inefficient this company is run and it would go into the fiction section at the library as no one would believe it.
Some exceptionally poor managers in senior positions. Didn’t act in the best interest of the company. Management doesn't appear to have a strategy or any direction, If you are one of the favoured ones, you can do no wrong, including not making your targets, but ask questions and you'll quickly find yourself on the outer. Processes and systems are not user or customer friendly. There really isn't a company culture to speak of since most people are only in the office for the bare minimum hours each day. Limited career development.

Product development is slow and always doing catch up with the competitors.
Terrible leadership and old corporate culture
Lack of vibrance or fun. Felt like a morgue at times. Management was terrible, absolutely no idea what they were doing. To be fair the company was undergoing a major structural change during my tenure.
Poor job security
The constant job cutting is wearing and depressing. Outsourcing to the Phillipines and India is endemic. Constant restructuring with consequent job losses and forcing people to take on the responsibilities of what were previously two separate roles. Very poor salaries – which seems consistent with the publishing industry as a whole. On the plus side, work/life balance is good and there are great people working there.
Pros
Work/life balance, great people, flexible work hours, casual dress
Cons
Poor job security, outsourcing, few promotion opportunities, ridiculous annual Performance Management System.
Not what it used to be
They are selling off the company in bits. Not a great working culture. Cut throat. Good stepping stone to a better job. Good office location. Not a lot of advancement in Australia.
Pros
Fairly Flexible
a good place to work
A good work/lifestyle balance, and stimulating work - especially in terms of the creative and technical aspects of writing and publishing legal content and also in terms of the challenging "modern publishing environment" .
Pros
A work/good lifestyle balance; challenging work
Cons
Management in an ever changing publishing environment is demanding
Professional, ethical and balanced work environment
I loved working here. My work was different every day. I had a wonderful manager. We prided ourselves on being fair and balanced as well as providing a professional service to our subscribers.
Great people. Structure was simple to understand with measurable goals. Flexible with time keeping with friendly management. A "can-do" culture with supportive, collaborative staff.
typical day at work
the company is a financial account which makes the employees really learn about the finacial markets.
The second line are from St. Louis in the US and they are really helpful.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
night shift usually
Good company to work for
Provided flexible working arrangements whilst I was studying and gave good experience of working in a corporate environment. Good company culture and friendly colleagues.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Limited autonomy
Enjoyable and productive workplace
I was responsible for prioritising my own daily tasks, booking the use of meeting rooms and scheduling appointments for management. As well as this, I ordered office consumables using in house systems and carried out general front of house duties such as greeting of clients, transferring calls and responding to emails.
Great culture, great pay, great opportunities for advancement. I loved my manager and had an opportunity to transfer overseas or work from home.
Good atmosphere
Relaxed work environment, lovely people, good management, varied job role, learnt the use of different complex computer systems in a short space of time through good training.
Good for flexibility and worklife balance
Teamed up with great co workers but lacking in supportive management. No training ever offered to support my further develop in the company.
Pros
able to work from home - flexibility
Cons
no additional training or support
A beautiful workplace and culture
My summary says it all. I loved this company and would recommend to anyone who is thinking of applying for a job.

Global travel is embraced as well as autonomy and trust to work from home or report to a manager in another country.

The culture is family, friends, work hard, play hard... a joy to have been a part of.
Pros
travel, autonomy, salary
Professional yet very social work environment
Finding new business and opening doors for Thomson
Working with marketing to create worthwhile campaigns that bring new customers to Thomson

Relationships with large to small law firms

Work with colleagues to create opportunities to grow market share
Pros
Sense of belonging and professionalism
Cons
Difficult going to Pyrmont location- out of the way with transport
Freelance Writer
I was approached by Thomson Reuters to write some professional compliance articles. The experience has broadened my compliance experience and given me insight into compliance isues outside what I would normally be exposed too.

The work is freelance based and I work from home.
A workplace with diverse culture
It's a great workplace that promotes work life balance without compromising on performance standards. Its global presence allows employees to seek opportunities in other locations worldwide.
Productive environment with benefits
Environment where one is encouraged to be self managed but also part of a team. One is motivated to reach full potential and on line courses and in house training are readily available. Relaxed atmosphere with great team participation and management support.