Thomson Reuters

Australia26 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,942 reviews

Toxic environment

I worked at Thomson Reuters for 2 and half years. During that time 2 restructures. Management is very weak. They have no idea of what you do. Too many managers in front of the main manager. You never really know who you report too. There is lack of support. No structure. Made very few friends. Everyone was out for themselves no teamwork. I loved my job and what I did everyday, but the environment was stifling. Not enough to stay.

Pros

able to work from home weekly.

Cons

not a happy environment.

Terrible workplace - bullying and useless management

TR has zero idea on how to provide training. And if you request more training they will respond by placing you on management plans that don't include any training. The worst HR I have ever experienced. They simply ignore any requests - unless you complain against them and then they will retaliate against you at super speed. Unless you are desperate for a job find something else.

Pros

Slack workplace that allows you to work on side hustles

Cons

Poor training, no development options, bullying management

Friendly and supportive environment with great management

It was a pleasure working at Thomson Reuters . Its a friendly and supportive environment with great management. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to work for a multi national company.

Pros

Great company, salary and supportive environment.

Cons

None !

Good short term job nothing else.

Good place if you are lazy and don't want much progression. As the managers are stuck their for life and unless they are made redundant for poor performance (which they never will be as they shift any blame or issues to subordinates) then you will not progress there. Definitely a good place for someone who has kids, can just chill. Customers come last at Thomson Retuers. Managers come first.

Your hard work been awarded and recognized

Your hard work been awarded and recognized. Productive and fun workplace with table tennis. Great working culture/vibe and fellow employees. Transparent about everything. Amazing benefits. Providing training on boarding process.

Do not work for this company!!!!

I could write a book about how inefficient this company is run and it would go into the fiction section at the library as no one would believe it. Some exceptionally poor managers in senior positions. Didn’t act in the best interest of the company. Management doesn't appear to have a strategy or any direction, If you are one of the favoured ones, you can do no wrong, including not making your targets, but ask questions and you'll quickly find yourself on the outer. Processes and systems are not user or customer friendly. There really isn't a company culture to speak of since most people are only in the office for the bare minimum hours each day. Limited career development. Product development is slow and always doing catch up with the competitors.

Terrible leadership and old corporate culture

Lack of vibrance or fun. Felt like a morgue at times. Management was terrible, absolutely no idea what they were doing. To be fair the company was undergoing a major structural change during my tenure.

Poor job security

The constant job cutting is wearing and depressing. Outsourcing to the Phillipines and India is endemic. Constant restructuring with consequent job losses and forcing people to take on the responsibilities of what were previously two separate roles. Very poor salaries – which seems consistent with the publishing industry as a whole. On the plus side, work/life balance is good and there are great people working there.

Pros

Work/life balance, great people, flexible work hours, casual dress

Cons

Poor job security, outsourcing, few promotion opportunities, ridiculous annual Performance Management System.

Not what it used to be

They are selling off the company in bits. Not a great working culture. Cut throat. Good stepping stone to a better job. Good office location. Not a lot of advancement in Australia.

Pros

Fairly Flexible

a good place to work

A good work/lifestyle balance, and stimulating work - especially in terms of the creative and technical aspects of writing and publishing legal content and also in terms of the challenging "modern publishing environment" .

Pros

A work/good lifestyle balance; challenging work

Cons

Management in an ever changing publishing environment is demanding

Professional, ethical and balanced work environment

I loved working here. My work was different every day. I had a wonderful manager. We prided ourselves on being fair and balanced as well as providing a professional service to our subscribers.

Great people. Structure was simple to understand with measurable goals. Flexible with time keeping with friendly management. A "can-do" culture with supportive, collaborative staff.

typical day at work

the company is a financial account which makes the employees really learn about the finacial markets. The second line are from St. Louis in the US and they are really helpful.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

night shift usually

Good company to work for

Provided flexible working arrangements whilst I was studying and gave good experience of working in a corporate environment. Good company culture and friendly colleagues.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Limited autonomy

Enjoyable and productive workplace

I was responsible for prioritising my own daily tasks, booking the use of meeting rooms and scheduling appointments for management. As well as this, I ordered office consumables using in house systems and carried out general front of house duties such as greeting of clients, transferring calls and responding to emails.

Great culture, great pay, great opportunities for advancement. I loved my manager and had an opportunity to transfer overseas or work from home.

Good atmosphere

Relaxed work environment, lovely people, good management, varied job role, learnt the use of different complex computer systems in a short space of time through good training.

Good for flexibility and worklife balance

Teamed up with great co workers but lacking in supportive management. No training ever offered to support my further develop in the company.

Pros

able to work from home - flexibility

Cons

no additional training or support

A beautiful workplace and culture

My summary says it all. I loved this company and would recommend to anyone who is thinking of applying for a job. Global travel is embraced as well as autonomy and trust to work from home or report to a manager in another country. The culture is family, friends, work hard, play hard... a joy to have been a part of.

Pros

travel, autonomy, salary

Professional yet very social work environment

Finding new business and opening doors for Thomson Working with marketing to create worthwhile campaigns that bring new customers to Thomson Relationships with large to small law firms Work with colleagues to create opportunities to grow market share

Pros

Sense of belonging and professionalism

Cons

Difficult going to Pyrmont location- out of the way with transport

Freelance Writer

I was approached by Thomson Reuters to write some professional compliance articles. The experience has broadened my compliance experience and given me insight into compliance isues outside what I would normally be exposed too. The work is freelance based and I work from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Thomson Reuters with

Learn about Thomson Reuters in popular locations

• Thomson Reuters
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?