Thorn Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Thorn Group Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
Has some great people within the organisation but has recently lost is focus on customers and fails to support staff throughout the business. Was always engaged and I enjoyed the fast paced environment.

Was once an industry leader, customers liked engaging with store and genuinely had a good public perception. Since new CEO (Who since left the business) and board came on board, a bad culture permeated the business. Lack of stock, poor communication and massive discrepancies between how regional/metro stores are handled (Staff, stock and support).

Has recently suffered from high staff attrition and seems content to continue operating the same way. Enjoyed competitive sales targets, however as business continued to suffer seemingly unrealistic revenue targets were common.

To conclude, has struggled to return to previous success, lost several good employees, poor management structure and inefficient processes and procedures (Not procedures that were regulatory but more basic internal produces that were outdated)
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. It really has the worst culture and management. The people are sad and feel unwanted. There are no company benefits. I pretty much got brought into a room and bullied until I agreed to leave my role.
Work with and along the peer support, every day learning and growing with the company.

Allow us to work at our pace and finish the work with open ideas.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Lender to bottom-of-pyramid., with fragile balance sheet and uncertain regulatory environment.

Compliance and regulatory change implementation on the fly was very hectic and challenging.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thorn Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8