Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Toll Group Employee Reviews

Australia555 reviews
I enjoyed my time there, but like all things, life takes you in all directions,. It's all about the journey, and experience. It gave me motivation to get my rear end in gear and better myself. Maybe one day I will return as a professional sub contractor. Be my own boss.
Pros
Decent equipment, good work crew
Cons
Stressfull custiomers, ignorant traffic control, no reliable loading zones, and dumb council ticketing.
I only went for the initial interview and was on work placement. A Toll People representative would come out and see their employees occasionally to see how we where going.
I am with toll from more than six years and i have great time always. Good staff and friendly. Never they are bossy. I get paid higher than local others company. Always get paid on time.
At the end i have great time. Thank you so much Toll.....
Good company. I am working to satisfy Coustmer Service and giving my best all time . I am very Loyal about work . Toll Fast is also a good stand for work .
Avoid this company as the management are inadequate with an I don't care attitude and they care little about their staff and don't even thank you at Christmas
Pros
Nil
Cons
Stressfull
toolbox every morning
job had some heavy lifting but was OK

floor management were fine warehouse mangers were aplenty

so many come and go cant keep track, only couple done a decent job, others come in with iron fist didn't get to many likes

made it a stressful unpleasant at times place to work
Pros
occasional bbq lunch
Cons
no staff disc to anything, ott wingers, bad upper management
Working at Toll was a great experience and after working there for over 10 years it was a shame it had to end. Management were really nice. Workers knew what job they had to do.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
They are Recruitment Agency...the company paying for thim $33 per hour and they give us $24 per hour before tax.
And we can't talk with the company about the wages or Our rights or bonuses( we are like Slaves )
Best place to enhence your ability and learn new tasks in industry.they have strict rules regulations in their woking area and system which boost and maintain you to do the best output which required for best customer service and setisfaction.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toll Group?
All casuals are treated like dirt. Can't supply ongoing roles. Poor communication with no respect for workers livelihood. Next to no chance of getting a Permanent position. No positive feedback, only lectures and telling off. No real training. Management and supervisors are only interested in boasting their careers by stealing ideas and pushing down others.
Pros
Mostly clean work environment.
Cons
Poor communication, poor equipment at some sites like RF scanners and forklifts.
Toll security system is not good at all! They’re national system has been hacked in to 3 times in 5 months. They expect you to stay back and work Overtime during the time of being hacked but won’t pay you for it until months later.
Great work place, can be very busy days or slow days. They always put your safety first and don't want you to rush a job at all, even if it means they pay you for overtime.
Work place safety is on the highest level.
Each day is different and challenging.

Exciting opportunities

Lovely people to work with.

Flexible timings.
Pay was good.You will not know if you are working tomorrow,until mid day today or few hours before your next shift. Sometimes you will not get a shift for weeks !!!
Well liked at TOLL enjoyed the work variety good culture however management pressures staff FIFO rosters were sometimes difficult on family members as well as myself
It was a very good work environment. There were so many ethnic backgrounds and I made heaps of new friends on my first day. It was fun because it was just like grocery shopping, you have a list and you have to get everything on that list. It was very easy to pick up on how to use the scanners and how to pick and put away items and re stock. The pay was amazing for someone that just graduated. Amazing managing team, they were young so they were able to communicate and understand us. They had so many workers so it was easy to replace your shift all you had to do was to call up and make sure you're telling the truth
Dealing with customers needs working in yennora we were contracted to Optus so we had to send in insurance or warranty phones through the system. Pick packer daily, picking phones which customers have ordered.
Pros
Learning new things everyday
Cons
I signed a contract for permanent 38hr pw position with the odd over time hours required.They DID NOT PAY MY OVERTIME, I worked on average 50-60hrs pw
Nice place to work, excellent opportunity to learn and work. The management is understanding and helpful. Very co-operative work placce culture and opportunity and time is given to learn and implement new things.
A typical workday was busy from when you clocked in until you clocked out. Learned time management, and a "different" work culture. Hardest part of the job was putting up with personal conflicts. Most enjoyable was getting the job done safely
It is very relaxing place to work but there is not job security. Staff is very co operative and flexible. I have learnt lot of professional skills while working with Toll Personal.