Toll Group

Toll Group Employee Reviews

Australia612 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

You are just a number.........

Used to be a great place to work with great drivers and management. But as is the case with most places new people come in the company has gone downhill.New management are completely incompetent, all they seem to care about is themselves and their career progression. Drivers have no support and morale is at an all time low.When you try to speak to management they pretend to listen and care but nothing is ever resolved.

Pros

Minimum Wage

Cons

No support, weak management.

Was alright for me as a student

Communication between me and the office consultants could be improved. I was never able to get a hold of my consultant in regards to shift changes and scheduling. I would often have to tell the receptionist at the head office to leave a message for my consultant and hope they receive it. Job wise, I adapted well and had no problem with the team leaders.

Pros

Consistent Shifts (for my particular site) and flexible with my uni schedule

Cons

Hard to communicate to head office consultants

Toll Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Productive and good place to work and learn more things

If something happens to anyone then the management just kicks them out without giving them a chance, even it’s not their problem. The management blames the employees.

Pros

Cons

Over time

Do as we say and not as we do

I did fuel in Pilbara. They advertise "no fuel experience required". To experienced fuel driver it says it all.If you local it's a good gig, housing allowance,newish trucks,local runs,dry brakes on every site.If FIFO ...run for the hills. Different bed every time if you make it to the camp on time. Different truck or 2 every day,old run down gear,ice packs don't work,AC hit and miss. Run allocation is terrible,dodge brakes or risk not getting to the camp on time and missing out on meals. Some characters that are part of the furniture now get away with murder, treating new drivers badly and management could not care less. No issues addressed,no follow ups. Toll Karratha should have "see nothing,hear nothing and say nothing" written in their trucks. Revolving door company where only the management is to blame. Too bad because it can be easy and we'll paid job...

Pros

Pilbara in cooler months is amazing, easy gig if local

Cons

Micromanagement and incompetent and arrogant people running the place

Fast Paced Workplace

For the physically weak, it is very fast paced and physically demanding. During my time here, these is a semi-high standard in terms of the KPI that they want you to produce.

Cons

Short Breaks

Good pay rates ,excellent super contribution

Overall good company, some good opportunities, lots of policy and procedures, Plenty of avenues to voice concerns, being such a large company decisions take a long time to be made, by the time it goes up the mangement change and back can be frustrating

Toxic culture. People come second

Toxic workplace with toxic managersManagement constantly being replaced with poor managers.Aggresive manager trying to condition staff.Hr useless ifYou have an issue about management

Pros

Pay ok

Cons

Bullying toxic people and culture

Good and friendly enviroment

Good and help full staff and managers fast and on going work everyday use to load and unload truck and containers manage all general hand and pick and pack

Pros

staff parties

Cons

no long hours 8 hours max

We really need DHL

Typical day is read e mails, read newspaper, socialise at work, respond to e mail, head for lunch wait for home time. Management seemed overly biased, office and workplace culture of swearing was terrible, new employees first to be released rather than longer tenured employees.

Toll employees are treated as cannon fodder

After being employed by Toll for 20 years it's with regret I had to hand in my resignation as nepotism is rife there is no advancement at Toll/Boc if you are not related.

Engaging and interactive, friendly and accommodating to diversity

Collaborative and supportive work culture at toll which was encouraging. The passion for safety in the workplace is of significant importance at all times.

Pros

Inclusiveness and mentoring support from Supervisors, team and Shift leaders.

Cons

Repetitive tasks, allow a change in work tasks will help in my opinion.

Job is not to bad but what a toxic work place

Don’t like writing negative reviews and maybe with some restructuring at Toll Mining I could a positive review because the job it’s self it’s pretty good but the toxic working environment far clouds any enjoyment of working for this company

Productive and fun , exceptional environment

I worked 15months at Toll Group/Toll People , exceptional workplace and Workplace Environment, a lot of great opportunities for everyone interested in warehouse distribution, friendly employers/Agency Specialist that help get you to desire future goals within toll people/toll group , the best company in the world/Global from work experience, working casual for a few different warehouse sites/enterprise learn so much in first month and anyone who work direct for Toll group/Toll people or Toll personnel the Agency knows within the first month you love the work and you refer a friend or individual to apply that’s how great Toll company is and rated number 1 in the world with company global status I’ve made a lot money and learnt so much in 15months of being at Toll and And would try go back and get management role in the rear future and help people change life by joining Toll.

Pros

Free lunches 4 times a year, great breaks and good work structure

Cons

Long or short hours but both depends the individual and work needs also hard work

Boring

Boring . Very rude employees you don’t get spoken too at all but they want you to run around and do everything for them !! It’s unbelievable it’s honestly our waste of time please don’t bother applying here

Pros

Cons

Short hours

Fun work place

Was good place to work pay was good and people where alright manger sucks and hours are along over all would recommend this job to other people I know

Pros

Pay

Cons

People

Warehouse staff are chill, management have no clue

Typical management, expect the world while offering no incentive except a pizza party after the busy period which seems to be never ending. Warehouse staff culture use to be good but became toxic due to poor management watching you every move. They punish bad behaviour instead of rewarding good, you get a lot more out of the workers that way

Pros

Payed the bills

Cons

Typical clueless management, long hours

Good place to work at as a casul job.

Working as a TOLL Dockhand is an okay place to work at as a casual job. Start times are 4am/5am, or you can do the afternoon shift. Pay is alright, $35 an hour, but shifts aren't long at all. Okay job to work at as a uni student or a second job.

Cons

Early starts

Poor management... No loyalty... No direction... No career progression...

Worked here for near 20 years and it was a dead end. You can not progress unless you have friends in senior positions. This is a place of WHO YOU KNOW instead of WHAT YOU KNOW. Knowledge and experience doesn't mean anything here. Management has no direction. Pay is very low and doesn't even compare to cost of living. Pay rise might come up once every 4 - 5 years and if so, it is a laughable amount. Leaving this place in weeks thankfully. The best things of this place is it has its own canteen onsite.

What is the best part of working at the company?management and trainingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?overloaded with work

Repitive work schedule

If you're desperate for work give it a go pay was good but manager was rude if you really need to work get your experience and move along early starts and long days

Drivers and some management are awsome

They guys on the floor are great so are local managers, when you start getting higher up the tree is when it starts failing. They lost site of the little guys that keep the wheels turning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toll Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question