Toll Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW9 July 2019
You will find all the stereo types you've heard about warehouse workers. Lazy, poor management, poor work ethics and backstabbing. It seems like people in here will take advantage of you if they ever get the chance. So if you do decide to work here, I suggest you play fire with fire and work "smart" like the rest.
There is an unfair advantage with some workers due to a friendship with upper management. So if you see any lazy workers who are still there, someone in upper management are really helping them out.

You will be working with a bunch of people who will judge you from what you do outside of work, so don't ever be someone who does nothing after work because you will not get no respect.
Better to not talk to anyone if you do decide to work here long because people in there are sensitive especially about who makes more money.
The money is only good if they ask you to stay back but that was on very rare occasions, especially During Autumn and Winter season you won't be making much. The management is very poor when it comes to positioning workers around the warehouse and it is unfair to others.

This place has it's ups and downs (mostly downs in my experience), I mean the money was good and all, but the stress you slowly build just from working in this warehouse may not be worth it if you wish to work here long.
My work experience
Warehouse Hand (Former Employee) –  Prestons NSW17 June 2019
I learnt a lot of things at toll, how to wrap boxes and shelf items, I learnt a lot of leadership qualities for my work and I am very happy of myself and toll.
Pros
tea room
Cons
nothing
Good work but bad culture
Fork-lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 June 2019
I don't believe management them selves follow bullying and harassment guidelines as personally I have heard it.

Left a bad taste in my mouth.
As I didn't like what I heard, management knew this and made sure I was ridiculed and forced to leave.

Bad culture.
Pros
Good hr rate
Cons
If you cant fill the cavity under the bosses desk, look for another job.
Company flexible with hours when children were small & schooling
National Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Banksmeadow NSW10 June 2019
I have worked with this company for 28years . There has been some company take-overs during this time.

I was Supervisor/Manager for 7 years I enjoyed this role.
I resigned and had my 2nd child ,within 1 year Toll called and offered mw a part time role in the company.

I accepted this role and worked very hard for the past number of years. I am presently working full time due to staff shortage and my commitment to the job.
Unfortunately Toll have decided to make the Finance team redundant and outsource to India.

Hence I am looking for a part-time job in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney. I have a very strong work ethic and always worked hard for Toll.
Toll in this day does not value the knowledge and loyal staff they are making redundant.

This is a shame.
Pros
Part-time work was a bonuse
Cons
Work quiet stressful
Tricky Environment
Project Professional (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 June 2019
Good workplace to improve your stakeholder management.
Good Chief Information Officer.
Plenty of movement and opportunity.
Plenty of opaque behaviour.
Industry leading pay and benefits, great equipment, helpful team
Fuel Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA29 May 2019
I work for Toll Mining and a typical day will involve several mine deliveries of diesel to tank sites. Hours vary between 9-12 a day with flexibility in the roster if needed on my end.

The learning curve is steep but flattens out quickly on the job, luckily operations as well as mining staff have been helpful with any questions I've had.

Management is pretty decent but extremely overworked and some things can fall through the cracks. however polite follow up emails are all that's usually required.

Culture is very relaxed with a flexible hours and roster as long as the work is done. Being mining its extremely safety focused so lots of paperwork and delays but hey, you get paid by the hour :)

Hardest part of the job is the work life balance, it can feel like you've never left work even when you're home.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the chunky, chunky pay check every fortnight :) Also the advancement opportunities are wonderful. If you're a safe, motivated driver with a good attitude, the sky is limit career wise.
Pros
Amazing benefits, Safe equipment and operations team that genuinely cares
Cons
Lots of paperwork, be prepared to sign your name, A lot
Very disapointed about work of Talent Acquisition Manager (Toll Group)
Administration Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD22 May 2019
I applied for a role with TOLL and after received call for an interview (it was at the end of March 2019). Upon arrival at the office, I was asked to fill in a pile of documents that included all of my personal data (as if I should have started work immediately). After filling out the documents and interview with the Talent Acquisition Consultant, it turned out that at the moment they have nothing concrete, but they will shortly send me weblinks to other documents that need to be filled out and tests that need to be passed. 4 days gone - nothing... and after my polite reminder, the consultant apologized to me and explained that she was made redundant and now other staff will care about me. By the way, I received the requested links and submitted all what was required. After one month I decided to send them polite reminder about myself. They came back and said that there is nothing at the moment... After another month I saw their advertisement for the position, which was interested to me and wrote them again. The Talent Acquisition Manager, which is, obviously only one who I could be in touch about the job - sent me only one email with some job related questions and disappear after that. I tried to contact her - on the phone (girls told me always that she is not at work or she is on the phone and will call me back - it was NEVER happened). She didn't reply on my emails. I am absolutely in shock and disappointed with the TOLL personnel agency service. Total disrespect and disregard. They collected all confidential information from me and completely ignored my requests in response.  more... I sincerely believe that they should look for another job, because for the work that they are NOT actually doing now - they are not suitable.  less
Cons
Ignorance and lack of professionalism of TOLL Group Talent Acquisition Manager
Productive and great workplace
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW29 April 2019
A very productive place to work at, there is always something new to learn and with great managers, they can assist you if you get a bit lost. A friendly environment.
Pros
Work ethic improvement
Great place to move you career within the company.
ICT worker in operations. (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 April 2019
Toll was a good place to work in to get a leg up in your career and learn to work in a corporate environment.
Unfortunately, that changed when Toll started its transformation initiatives and the environment became toxic.

Moral became low, people talked about how the company is not treating their employees correctly. Mass on, mass redundancies and only token gestures for support.

Announcements from the leadership team were infrequent and sometimes misleading to their actual vision and goals.

You would hear the company going in a particular direction with its organisational structure and support apparatus and then see it executed in the other direction.

We kept the ship afloat the best we could but like the Titanic if the caption wants to crash into an iceberg........
Pros
Opportunities for career progression within the company.
Cons
Toxic work culture. needless gossip and misleading top down announcements from the leadership team.
awesome
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Ingleburn NSW 256513 April 2019
Top Job, should not have left, but had to move back homeward, which was interstate. Highly recommended for managerial type roles or office based. Not to sure about the forkies etc
Good company to work with nice and helpful people
Global Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC 317511 April 2019
Toll is a good company to work with nice and helpful people but unfortunately they off shored all IT jobs....
Toll has nice workplace culture and i learned lot from Toll.
I like working hard
Truck Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 April 2019
I am hard working and punctual all the time . Give preference to work. Like working in team work .alway obey all the rules at work and outside. Like working long time .
Good team environment
Dock Hand (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 April 2019
Fast passed, physically demanding but have a great team environment. No need for a gym membership!! Great pay rate at the airport Public Libraries Services.
fast paced environment
Purchase Requisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC18 March 2019
i like to be busy, and at this job i was always kept on my toes. Climbing the ladder from admin assistant to a Purchase manager was a higlight for me.
I am studying my Diploma in business managment and leadership to further my career.
Pros
on site parking, great wages
Cons
long days
Good company but very unorganised
fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 February 2019
I worked for Toll with a company call Bedford Industries.

I worked there for 6 months on a casual basis fundraising for a various amount of charities,

Then suddenly one day they decided my services were no required.

This is why I am looking for another job .
Pros
lovely people to work with
Cons
un organised company with no direction
Not bad to work for
Airport Allocation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney international airport22 February 2019
Ok to work for, very accommodating with family's. Easy for shift swaps and picking up shifts, pay was decent. although didn't like working most weekends.
productive and fun work place with great salary packages
Truck Driver M/R (Current Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW11 February 2019
Toll is a great place to work great friends great people and everyone has a can do attitude.
Supervisors are very helpful and friendly and the management as a whole care for there employees.
frequent tool box meetings are held for safety management and performance employees are always updated with the health of the company.
Pros
great salary
Cons
Great company to work at & the people are wonderful and fun to work with
Team Leader - Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Bankstown Airport, NSW 26004 February 2019
* A typical day at work would be, ensuring that AR team are doing their job, with collection calls for due & overdue debts.
* I've learnt that to have a successful team is to have open communication within the team and each other, transparent and be honest.
* I believe good management is being able to motivate the team always and to produce great results with the least amount of efforts using the resources available to them.
* Workplace culture is the environment that you create for your employees. It is the mix of the organisation leadership, values, beliefs, behaviour and attitudes.
* The hardest part of the job is putting accounts of Stop Trade due to non payments of accounts
* The most enjoyable part of the job is getting results at month end when everybody pays, reducing DSO and achieving our Team Target.
Pros
free lunch, go home early, incentives, days off
Cons
long hours at work, too much complaints, no process in place
Don't work here
Data Analyst/Administration (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 February 2019
Now owned by Japan Post, management is cutting many jobs Worldwide. Unrealistic expectations for minimal pay. Shocking work culture in regional depots
Pros
Cons
Too many to write
Outsourcing
Major Incident and Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 January 2019
IT jobs in Toll are all being outsourced to offshore companies therefore there is limited opportunities any longer with the company. Better to look at other companies.