Toll Employee Reviews for Driver

mismanaged company
HR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Central Coast NSW23 May 2018
not the best place to work.
alot of indecision and mismanagement of employees after the purchase from Japan post ..
overtime was cut and company trucks are barely able to pass registration
Pros
big company
Cons
to many to list
linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  toll liquid29 January 2018
New trucks, good management,great pay,preventative maintenance.
Management appreciates the effort.One of the easiest jobs I ever done.
Weekends off but long hours during the week.
Rental trailers but well maintained.
New trucks but underpowerd.
Pros
brand new truck, easy going management
Cons
long hours, monotonous runs, issues with pay
great work
mc driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 August 2017
great work ,great company,would recommend anyone to work there , you must be a good worker and driver ,alot of tight places to get into , but over all great job
Pros
alot of work
Cons
just a number in a system
Top $$$ Good stable company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Larapinta QLD10 May 2017
One of the best industry wages. I was casual for 18 months with no indication of going fulltime. Seeing others start after me going fulltime was irritating. Bulk division was much better than general freight. High targets and not much support from management.
Pros
Great $$$
Cons
Being casual, unstable hours
management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 April 2017
loading and unloading vehicles from trucks and delivering them to clients. Job can be hard during wet and rainy conditions. Make sure cars are delivered on time.
working with toll is very fun and enjoyable
casual driver at toll Australia Melbourne (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 March 2017
I like to work hard and love travelling and interact with different persons. I have been working and liking it a lot I am also searching for few good jobs in kitchen too.
Social atmosphere with social gatherings frequent.
HR driver (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA6 March 2017
Toll is a family orientated workplace Mon - Fri with worker number 1 then work itself coming close 2nd. A very structured workplace with bosses helping out workers load/unloading of trucks.
Pros
Every weekend off
Cons
Start early but finish early not really a Con
A proper job
bulk driver (Former Employee) –  Kewdale WA8 June 2016
Getting frequent work was common
The hardest part was organising the run and paperwork
The most enjoyable part was everything else(Loading/Unloading truck, driving truck)
HR Driver/Freight deliveries.Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Broome WA31 March 2016
long hours,huge workload,lots of work,local deliveries really good manager and supervisor apart working in two companies consolitated into one all sweet
Good people to work with, although long hours.
Driver 8 tonne tautliner (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW15 August 2015
I enjoyed the job, although they have high expectations with heavy delivery items.

If your not fit and healthy give them a wide berth.
Pros
Good wages because of long hours.
Cons
Job for life.
good place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  melb vic17 November 2014
I work the pm shift on the Toyota contract doing aset run 3trips anite you had to run to a set time at pick up and delivery and now ilive I sea lake vic and do a lot of tipper work
Cons
working the pm shift
Great job, Great colleagues
Relief Driver and Sensitive Freight Offsider (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA19 September 2014
A typical day at work involved getting into the depot at about 5am, the sorting system would start and we would load our trucks or vans with the freight for the day. Then head out for the day's deliveries and pick ups.

On sensitive freight a usual day would involve a meeting with the supervisor to find out the day's jobs. Then going to the warehouse and loading the truck up with whatever sensitive freight came in the night before. Once loaded we would head out to deliver and pick up the sensitive freight. The day usual involved going into a hospital or city high rise office block and a few trips to and from the depot to pick up and deliver more freight.

The hardest part of the job was the extremely long days sometimes 14 hour shifts.
The most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people I wouldn't normally have met had I worked in a shop or bar.
Pros
Excellent Penalty rates and weekends off
Cons
long working days some times 14 hour shifts
Capable productive team of individuals.
MC Driver (Former Employee) –  Cloncurry, QLD25 June 2014
I learned that being passionate about your job does not necessarily make you an excellent worker or for that matter, perfect by any means. Being as respectful as possible at all times will always keep a fair amount of dignity for all concerned.
Co-workers were all fantastic people who shared the same passion and enthusiasm for the job and would go out of their way to help anyone who was struggling, they were all experienced however the most experienced and competent were invaluable, all involved made the depot an enjoyable experience while maintaining a professional attitude with strong hard working ethics.
Pros
reliable pay dates, innovative working environment and modern equipment for road transport including prime movers.
Cons
Excessive use of truck cam made driving an uncomfortable experience, lack of information from some management, this saw drivers coming in on days off. Inconsistent disciplinary measures, with no solutions, policy implementation or offers of training.
enjoyable place to work
Casual HR Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver,Adelaide18 February 2014
I enjoyed my time at Toll People. The work I carried out was of an enjoyable and challenging nature. All the other employees I worked with got on well together .
Good while jobs last
MC/HC driver (Current Employee) –  homebush bay12 November 2013
The Toll people got me a job at Qube yennora the management & employers were all good to work with and there wasn't any problems with any one it was all good until the work end on the 07-11-2013 now i'm looking for full time work.
Pros
good money
Cons
odd hours
Good Vehicles
Driver until August (Former Employee) –  Richlands, QLD8 November 2013
A very structured place to work, which relies very heavy on management controls
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Very Autocratic Management Policies
managers looks after herself
driver MR Gladstone (Former Employee) –  Gladstone22 April 2013
great company OK money. but the manager looks after herself and boyfriend. as soon as you get to know the job out you go. Just looking after herself. over 12 drivers changed in under 5months
Pros
money
Cons
management
happy
driver (Former Employee) –  adelaide wingfield2 March 2013
A pleasant easy to work with,top dollar paying company, my favourites
good mix of people, have systems in place
driver (Current Employee) –  wa15 November 2012
early start, move freight to set run areas, load/ unload trucks. catch up on anything new happening. once all clear is given, hit the road to deliver. once empty start picking up new freight, return to depot to unload then go out for more, work your breaks in as you go from start to finish. one more unload after filling truck then park up your finish, all communication by 2way, mobile or data terminal. i learned i made it through the day safely and treat people how you want to be treated, always something new each day. i see management floating around i tend to focus towards my immediate boss who i answer to. co workers are great, helpful friendly bunch, hardest part of this job is being pyshic through lack of communication or lazy management which can make a job twice as hard, i enjoy driving, and dealing with each customer.
Pros
driving, you are your own boss on the road
Cons
work hours unpredictable
A nightmare !
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gawler SA12 May 2012
If you want no life and no cash , Work for them ! Long hours , low pay and you will always be a scape goat for Management !
Cons
all of it !