TomTom Employee Reviews

good overall
Mobile operating driver (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NH15 July 2019
No health dental or vision or 401k or any other benefits if you start as a mobile operating driver.
Pros
Relaxed managment
Cons
No benefits
One of the biggest world players in automative domain
Team Leader/Sourcing expert (Former Employee) –  Kyiv8 July 2019
The target company focused on geomatics and implements telematics and navigation solutions and services on the world market.
TomTom maintains high standards of collaborative culture; comfortable offices; well organized staff
Great place to work - Pool table
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NH7 July 2019
TomTom is a great place to work with a lot of nice people. We are currently going trough renovations for a brand new office that will make us look more like a tech company. Nice amount of time off, most people can work from home if they want to.
A challenging environment
Mapping Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NH20 May 2019
It provided me an opportunity to expand my skills and apply them. I learned a lot about data analysis and various technical skills related to mapping. I hadn't really felt secure in my job for a couple of years, because of the challenges TomTom is experiencing navigating the new realities of the market. My concerns turned out to be well founded as TomTom didn't have a place for me in the organization in the end. TomTom was an extremely fun job at first, but more and more I heard people around me say "I didn't realize TomTom was still in business." That's when I knew the situation was ominous. Hopefully TomTom can figure out its niche and be successful.
Pros
autonomy, growth and learning, health care, good balance of homelife
Cons
lack of security, managment
Polder model is tough
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam10 May 2019
TomTom needs to stop using the polder model and making decisions that are a bunch of compromises.
Deadlines are non existing as most of the projects keep being delayed and that’s seen as normal
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
No strategy. No decision-making clarity
Technically flawed and deeply unethical culture
Developer (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam18 March 2019
Ever since the company’s market share started going downhill a decade ago or so it has been an absolutely crazy company.

The incessant reorganizations reward people who like political games and thus major architectural decisions are made by the worst people to do so. Combined with always rushing to keep more code being pushed out faster has lead them to have absolutely staggering levels of technical debt.

On top of that management has zero regard for labor laws and will fire aggressively when burn-out is anticipated and employees raising ethical concerns are often no longer with the company three months later.
Had fun, but no room for me
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NH11 February 2019
I worked with a team of project managers working on reports. I was able to collaborate with many talented individuals in a relaxed, but fast paced job environment. It was overall very enjoyable experience to work there. I wish they had openings that I had experience with because Id love to continue on as a full time employee.
Unique experience
Mobile Mappers (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NH8 January 2019
Lots of traveling involved, neat job opportunity, but there is no room for advancement, and you must be independent and comfortable on your own, alot!
continu in ontwikkeling, dynamisch, heel veel getalenteerde mensen
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NL18 December 2018
Ik heb verschillende functies gehad bij TomTom en leer nog steeds heel veel. Er is ruimte voor eigen initiatief en ontwikkeling, maar iedereen moet het zelf doen en zelf structuur aanbrengen. De bedrijfscultuur is prestatiegericht met een positieve inslag. Het leukste is de kwaliteit van de mensen: veel talent uit verschillende landen, allemaal met veel ideeën. De meeste mensen nemen initiatief en hebben veel ambitie. Het moeilijke is dat er veel concurrentie is en het is niet altijd duidelijk waarop management wil focussen.
Fun for a while until the company imploded
Senior Sales Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA10 December 2018
Working for a consumer electronics business was a wonderful growth experience when the company was doing well in the US. However, as we were a Dutch company, we never had a chance against the US competition. No advertising was ever performed to bring us into mainstream America. Senior management promised we would have exposure, but it never came to fruition. As a consequence we imploded, and went from a staff of almost 100 to less than a handful. Redundancy weeded many of us out, and our colleagues in The Netherlands absorbed our responsibilities. Sad.
Pros
Free breakfasts and occasional lunches, parties, location, good benefits
Cons
Lower salaries than local industry, communication
Fun place to Work
Senior NOC Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, India11 September 2018
Good team members to work with along side working with the latest technologies to support there products. Look after there employees very well and participate in group outings
Ik kan TomTom niet aanbevelen
Senior Software Test Designer (Former Employee) –  Eindhoven Airport27 August 2018
Onsympatiek product & project management, betaalt slecht tov concurrentie. Geldt voor vestiging in Eindhoven. Amsterdam is beter.
environnement agréable
CONSEILLER CLIENT (B2C) (Former Employee) –  محافظة القاهرة1 June 2018
pas trop de pression comme les autres centre d'appel
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam Noord28 May 2018
Good company with good work environment.
Really nice staff and relax areas in the building.
Open cultuur en goede groei mogelijkheden
Director of Development Operations (Former Employee) –  台北市5 April 2018
Ik heb 12 jaar bij TomTom in Taiwan gewerkt, en de open cultuur en 'can do' houding can de meeste mensen is aantrekkelijk.
TomTom geeft goede mogelijkheden tot zelf ontwikkeling, ik heb veel geleerd over HW en SW Development Management en Agile SW Development (SAFe) in het bijzonder.
Pros
Open en Integere Cultuur en weinig "backstabbers", Goede Learning & Development mogelijkheden
Dynamisch bedrijf met ondernemende spirit
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam27 March 2018
TomTom geeft je de mogelijkheid om te leren ondernemen in een multinational!
Buen ambiente
Geographic Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana26 March 2018
Buen ambiente laboral. Práctica en hablar inglés..
Excellent Company to work for with many opportunities to travel.
Mobile Mapping Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NH15 March 2018
A very interesting job with many opportunities for learning.

Position required quick on the job adaptation to changing informatic systems, as well as the ability to perform the duties of the job in a very dynamic work environment.
Pros
Great opportunity to make some serious money if you're willing to put in the hours.
Cons
At the mercy of the weather. Lots of time away from home.
Great company, brilliant workplace
Regional Manager (South England) (Former Employee) –  London20 February 2018
Great culture, all departments are happy to work together. Made it very easy during launches. Everybody was happy to work together to produce the best solution going forwards.
Relaxed & autonomous working environment
Senior Geographic Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Remote7 February 2018
Working remotely from home required focus & dedication, but planning your personal workload throughout the week was hugely satisfying and enabled you to take charge of your work life balance.
There were times where you felt the isolation, but especially at the start of my career with TomTom there was a lot of support available from the office based staff & particularly the HR department.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
declining support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TomTom. Our community is ready to answer.