Toowoomba Regional Council

17: Toowoomba Regional Council Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Productive and

Mostly good to work for. Can be occasional backstabbing. Given 6 month contracts instead of a permanent position. Moved to a different position after completing traineeship

Pros

Monthly Friday Rdo

Cons

Hard to get permanent position

Could be great but upper management are clueless. Lowest pay.

Upper management are clueless as to what happens at the ground level. Very toxic culture mostly coming from the lifers. Unfair pay structure. Two people doing the same job on the same site and one can claim particular allowances and the other can’t. If your good at your job you have no chance of promotion or moving into other areas as management will block you to keep you where you are so your forced to leave to progress anywhere. One of the lowest paid councils in the country.

Pros

Can work with some great people.

Cons

Upper management Low pay No opportunity to earn a better wage

Good work an people

I would not hesitate in saying working for council was the best job I have ever had. I enjoyed the variety of different jobs and fellow worker's. It is the type of job u want for life.,great superannuation and many perks..

Pros

Rostered day of every fortnight an great working conditipns

Cons

No chance of being hired, due to the hiarchys that dont care how much you try

Great Place to work

Toowoomba Regional Council is great to work for they always take the time to account for your work-life balance and provide training when you require it to help you move further through the company.

Don’t waste your life at TRC

Worst 13 years of my life. Worked overtime never got paid. Never paid award penalty rates or allowances. Was physical assaulted by two senior staff members, and I was sacked. Jobs for the boys. Large number of non qualified staff in senior roles. Senior staff threaten staff for not using PPE. Request PPE and your told your not entitled to any. >70% jobs are just given to friends of directors or managers.

Pros

Left with mental scarring and self harm thoughts

A job for keeps

Corporate culture is strong and well enforced. Never had an unprofessional interaction with another employee whilst I worked here. Had good work life balance and my supervisors were clear on their expectations of my work and provided constructive criticism when needed. If my personal life circumstances had allowed for it I would have stayed in this job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the 'bad' customers. The best part of the job was the knowledge that your coworkers had your back.

A solid place to work

I have had mixed experiences with council both positive and negative. I enjoyed my section and the staff in it. I would work with them again. There is a lot of profession development opportunities and opportunities to move within council.

Would be great without the bullying

The bullying is truly unbelievable. It's cruel, toxic, juvenile, and the same people have been behaving this way with impunity for years. It's not just one or two offenders, it's several, and the problem has been allowed to become so embedded in this workplace culture now, that it's impossible to imagine it ever getting better at all. Aside from that, the pay is fair and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Great building in a very convenient location. Some flexibility in hours. There are opportunities to apply for internally advertised positions.

Pros

Fair pay, great location

Cons

Relentless bullying, overstretched staff

Fantastic Workplace

Fantastic workplace with great staff. Workplace culture was excellent as well as management throughout the entire Council. Would recommend it to anyone looking for work.

nepatism, double standards, favouritism

Nepotism, double standards bordering on corruption and favoritism are characteristics of this organsation incompetence of management and a culture of bullying and failure to listen to its employees. If you're a yes man you may do well if not you will be frequently overlooked in job promotion and career advancement. This organisation has a strong dislike of organised labour and workers rights in general with a strong "US AND THEM" culture.

Pros

money is reasonable for the work involved

Cons

double standards and nepotism(jobs for the boys) culture

Great Team

Would recommend to any who wish to make the change to the country. great Team great training and support. would return to work for them if the need be to return to Toowoomba region.

lots of oppertunitys to better yourself. Workmates are very freindly but some supervisers are arregant and hard to work with

Very productive. How to build and maintain gravel and bituemun roads. Some good some bad. Like to have a laugh but get the job done in time and in a safe manner. Understanding what the supervisors wanted done. The pay.

Pros

Getting payed

Cons

Working with staff and clients providing a service

At times quite frustrating as there wasn't the resources for assistance or advancing the programmes being delivered to the members of the public.

Overall was a good place to work and the pay was reasonable, unfortunatly I was employed on a contractual basis and was not able to remain after the contract period had ended.

Pros

RDO's each fortnight

Casual on-going repeatitive work

I enjoyed working with TRC because they were always organized and i knew what my role expected of me. Early morning 3am starts we probably the highlight of that job as i got home at 1:30pm and had time to have a social life also. The hardest part of being a part of TRC was having to leave them due to family commitments.

Pros

The overtime

Cons

Seasonal work

Productive & Fun Workplace

Reception, Meetings, Minutes, Committees, Appointments, Trained in WHS, Customer Service. Wonderful Managers, and opprtunities for Advancement

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Only a Temp

ok place to work.

The Toowoomba Regional Council offers a good lifestyle with good hours and a nine day fortnight, however the pay is not comparable to private industry and is not even throughout the whole shire. There is little chance of advancement in council as promotations or opertunity is not based on experience, knowledge or skill levels.

Pros

easy work, good hours, family friendly

Cons

low pay, little chance of promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toowoomba Regional Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question