Top Knot Carpentry & Joinery

9: Top Knot Carpentry & Joinery Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

great boys to work with!

Worked here for 7 months as a labourer/material handler. hours were hit and miss off peak season but overall solid environment to work in. meal allowances and travel paid on union sites. avoid the warehouse jobs!

Pros

union sites

Cons

hours can be cut with no notice/sent to the warehouse

Productive and fun workplace

It is a great place to work. More learning opportunities. Nice management. Helpful co-workers. Well established company. If you're looking for a company that values your opinion and gives you a sense of belonging, This is it!!

Pros

Work-life balance, learning opportunities

Great Company

Very professional and welcoming. Flexible work arrangements when needed. Autonomy, growth potential. Love the culture and the people I work with. Treated with respect as we are always there to work and support each other.Management are welcoming, friendly and always supportive.

If they can they will take advantage of you

I worked for this company for a number of years because I was a sponsored employee in the country. They do not pay overtime, will charge you for any thing that they can, will short your pay however they can, do not pay all union dues to you if they can, will pay you different amounts per job you are located at, do not let you contact union officials about problems or they will find a way to fire you so you lose your sponsorship and can not stay in Australia. I have been told so many bad things and have experienced a lot of problems but needed them to stay and they know it and exploit it. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the friends that you make as well as if you get to work with the right manager. The only problem is that most managers are nice but will are complacent to what the upper management and owner will do to you and don't stand up for you. They have multiple ABN numbers and will switch who pays you so it messes up applying for permanent residency.

Pros

Good guys that you do work with sometimes, Not everyone is a bad apple so don't lump everyone into this review.

Cons

Unfair pay, taking advantage of you, They switch who you get paid from, which makes it impossible to apply, for permeant residency, You need to work for the same company, for at least 2 years before you can apply, and they will switch who you get paid from so it won't count toward your time.

Site Management

Top Knot are a large company with a lot of projects on the go at once. I was happy to be part of the site management team, it was fast paced but also interesting and I learned a lot on this project. Supervising / delegating work load with installers on a daily basis, problem solving, identifying problems / damage to joinery etc. Working hard to meet completion dates / targets.

Pros

Good on site staff to work with.

Cons

Long hours / pressure.

Realest place to work

Realest place to work - if you're a hard worker you will be recognised. If you are not, do not expect to be put on a Pedi stool. The type of company that recognizes ability and desire to succeed/progress in any given career path. Expanding very quick, good environment to learn and grow in for team players.

Amazing place to work

I started as a labourer then they promoted me to site manager, i have done 4 projects in different places, the job was hard but i learned everything about kitchens.

Pros

Cons

Unfair payment

Very last minute when telling you to change site

Pays always in the bank by Thursday every week. Not very impressed by being moved about last minute and be forced to use RDO. Management of the project i was on was very much rush rush. No drawings for works were ever provided and you was expected to know all details with out having any drawings.

Challenging and rewarding with lots of team building social events

Hardworking and driven environment. Fast paced and challenging but rewarding both financially and with promotion. A lot of opportunity to progress within the company and learn new skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Top Knot Carpentry & Joinery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Top Knot Carpentry & Joinery Reviews by Location