Torque Recruitment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Torque Recruitment Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Labour hire isn't for everyone but I found Torque to be a good bunch amongst a big pack of not so good mobs. Never know where & when your next pay check is coming from
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Short notice
their bad side no further roles no response if you send your resume you try to contact them and again no response from them no job security don't pay all hrs on super no feedback this is the most useless recruitment labor hire it's a waste of time don't go with this company if you want to work try elsewhere
Pros
Cons
Toxic recruitment process
Management at Torque are useless.They are good until they need you. The moment they realise that you are of no use, they will discard you like tissue paper.Once you are discarded,they will not even pick your call.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Waste of time and energy in dealing with torque
I thoroughly enjoyed being on the Torque books, I just wish it had of been longer. Always there if you needed the team for anything, no problem. Highly recommend.
For the limited time I had at Torque, it was enjoyable. The work stopped because of the pandemic. I would love to have another opportunity to rejoin the team in the future when work picks up again.
Pros
Good hours and pay rate
Cons
Lack of work available
Nel complesso mi sono trovata bene, lo stipendio era molto buono, il lavoro duro ma in un ambiente positivo che lo rendeva più leggero.
Per niente rispettosi nella comunicazione di fine lavoro.
Promised ongoing work when I took the job. Was let go suddenly, with no warning after a few weeks because work slowed and the project we were working on finished up, head office wanted to cut down costs. I was left in the lurch with no income to support my family.

High work load, ended up working long hours and often well into the evening and into weekends, but then would be chastised for working too many hours so would have to lie on my timesheets and say that I worked less than I did to keep the manager happy.

The manager was very rude and nasty, often belittled the staff.
Great recruitment personnel, it been a pleasure! Personnel a very respectful, courteous, friendly and i recommend anyone to register if seeking work!
No longer the company it was, would not work there now.
Changed when management changed, not a great culture.

Poor management and leadership. Lost their way.
if you get a job with them they won't find you another when they know your current job is coming to a close. they're an absolutely useless company with no passion for finding anyone work, they fail to answer calls or emails
Excellent at obtaining employment and many options Australia wide for the more adventurous types.....They seem sincere in helping you obtain and maintain "well" paid employment
Pros
Straight forward
Cons
They come up with the most disgusting excuses to sack over 30 men.
They are in it for themselves and the money and no regard for their workers.

Never consider working for this very unprofessional company in it for government benefits.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, money hungry.
The office staff are highly respectful and organised. their is a great deal of support both on and off site. the shifts are varied and suit your skill set.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
The shifts are random due to them beeing a recruitment agency
got me a bit of work when i needed it ,so kept me a little bit busy,also found me work in the mining industry which was good while it lasted,didnt spend too much time with them after that
I unfortunately experienced 4 unprofessional/basket case agency’s before I started at Torque. I was fed up with the industry and was thinking of leaving it all together.
Torque is not only the best workplace I have worked in, they restored my faith in the industry and I haven’t looked back since. Best team I’ve had the pleasure of working with in my working career to date and by far the highest performing one.
Pros
Great people, great clients, great bosses and we all have a laugh while still being extremely productive and pumping out the work
Cons
The car park in Perth
Hardest part was waking up and suiting up, had a good crew so work was sweet. Best part was of the day was the last run before knock off. Workplace was ok, safety was implimented.
Pros
money
Cons
short runs
i enjoyed my time there worked well with everyone pumped out the work. also enjoyed learning from tradesman a like.over head crains and forklift experance.
As per any recruitment co. has no work guarantees of further employment, could not plan family and commitments with these sort of companies.
Pros
Cons
not knowing when next assignment will be
it was good stability and help you.I end up having 9 month worth of work as it was only meant to be 3 month
if you have been working fine with them all is good but if you have the need to take time off for personal crisis ie marriage break up or the like it is next to impossible to get work out of them once things settle down very much the old boys club