Torrens University Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Torrens University Australia Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
I really like to look after people and make them happy. I believe that I am suitable for the hotel industry. I have an F&B experience before. My F&B manager was satisfied with my work with hospitality spirit and handling the guest complaint.
Such a terrible work culture. Management are bullies. The staff morale is poor playing mind games .Hiding information in training. Old staff bullying new staff so yo make new staff struggle with work to impact performance. The wages are poor. Management on the old staff side on things treat new staff like dirt. I feel for the students as I feel they do not get what they paid for.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, bullying, staff with no moral
Very good atmosphere and a friendly work environment in a great location in The Rocks in Sydney.
It's a professional university with a strong focus on core subjects and industry training with an expertise sharing ethos where academics do not silo their knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours
I was a casual teacher in the English language division. It was a great place to work until the new DOS took over. Staff were leaving by the week, and the focus was on getting teachers to do as much as possible for free. They did not adhere fully to the awards as per legislation. I spent about 25 hours within a five week period, doing marking for free. Some of the casual lecturers were also paid under the award.

Facilities are great, as are the teachers. Pitty about management.
Pros
You have your own desk, plenty of free food and great facilities in the class rooms.
Cons
Complete abuse of teacher expectations.
Best working environment with overall friendly staffs . A lot of experience gained overall in every department of hospitality industry. Number 1 hotel school in Australia
Pros
Experience
Cons
Aside from the 24hours facility with free of all amenities, coffee, tea, milk, water, and etc. Torrens facilitators are open door service, were they can be of assistance to you at anytime on the campus or on emails whenever you need them. Very harmonious environment and learning classrooms and very nice faculty and staff.

It’s been a best choice to be with Torrens.
Pros
24hr facilities, free all amenities
Cons
This is the place where provides hands-on, practical experience. Students’ final 6-months focus on business management. Provides undergraduate hotel and resort management students with the unique opportunity to put theoretical knowledge into practice. From guest relations, front office management, food and beverage to housekeeping and property management. Students gain hands-on experience in all aspects of day-to-day operations.
Lots of positive experiences: free coffee/tea, brekkie, and a close walk to my home in Sydney.

Lots of negative experiences: inadequate/poor training provided by incompetent employees... Consistent full-time staff turnover 1-3 people per month during my 6-month temp contract. Restructuring of leadership and rebranding of university was both chaotic and unnerving for long-term employees as many of their jobs were made redundant, hence several temps were brought in... Much valuable knowledge lost in the transition.

Overall: a decent workplace for a casual/temp employee, but not for the long run.
School provides training for students in Leura campus to give them a brief view about what they should do in the real hospitality industry. Students are taught how to work in Back of House and Front of House, Front Office and House Keeping.
Torrens University was acquired by Think Education, who fired 75% of the staff, or drove them from their jobs. The takeover, the transition period, constant changes and discontinuity makes it a challenging place to want to work at.
Pros
The students and on site Torrens campus staff are lovely
Cons
The office politics from Think Education staff left a lot to be desired
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Torrens University Australia?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrens University Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9