Toshiba Medical
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toshiba Medical Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
i worked with the best team, best mangers and a very supportive team and company. I would work with toshiba again with no Hesitation. i really miss working for the team i was working with. They were very helpful, very undstanding and we were friends as well as a family.
Need to miggle to other.main duties are line leader support line and give they need. Every end of the day get total of the product and report it to my boss
Productive and fun workplace, great staff and supporting management. Excellent work location and good benefits.

Workplace culture is good and supportive, with strong camaraderie.
.Good company to work for before being made redundant, nice people and environment. On site parking, nice offices, good hours
Pros
Great people
Cons
not good pay
Toshiba Mobilecare is a progressive and very busy work environment where you encounter varied technical challenges and varying customer desired outcome. Over-all it is a great stage to learn the latest technology in the Laptop engineering industry. Typical day at work is dispatching Field engineers to respond to On-site calls, check the the priority repair works to be on -track, Spare parts orders to be able to repair the job has been fulfilled, and that all the billable jobs are processed to be collected, invoiced and stakeholders are informed of the status of the repairs.
Management is very understanding and willing to work with you hands-on. Open-door policy -- though sometimes very slow to share the information as to the direction of the company. Understandable maybe due to the hierarchical structure being run at the Home Office in Tokyo.

People and company culture is one of a kind. Employees stay almost the length of their working life --5 ,10 ,20, 30 + years. Great people.

Salary increase is as frequent as a blue moon.
Pros
equips and gives you tools to develop yourself in your chosen position
Cons
Regular and very detailed performance review but does not translate to financial reward, salary increase
A great company that is doing its best to remain a market leader with quality products, whilst also trying to stay competitive.
Driven locally by sales and customer relationships, the "mothership" based in Japan does struggle to stay abreast of Australian customer needs.
Pros
Great product, good management
Cons
Slow to respond to market needs
Qantas took over the repair and overhaul section of Hawker de Havilland and though because they were Qantas that jobs would fall into their hands. They approached the Blackhawk overhaul contract in that way and lost out to a small overhaul operation in Queensland and this was just the start of their decline. I Know that Qantas sold this part of their business to a Northrupp a few years later,after I was made redundant
Pros
Again the people were very experienced and that brought business
Cons
the poor management style brought in by Qantas did nothing to bring more business into the company.
I've had an opportunity to manage all aspects of service operation and lead a team of committed and loyal employees. The best job I've ever had.
Pros
Work and personal life balance, travel opportunities.
Cons
Stressful for employees due to low job security.
I loved working for Toshiba, a typical day at work would be to get in & look at my portfolio to see which clients had brought their account current. I would then begin calling my 90 plus day accounts to try to get thru to them or set them up on a payment plan to move forward to bring their account current. My co-workers were awesome everyone was willing to help each other out when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work & brightening the atmosphere up which helped my co-workers focus on enjoying working with our clients.
Pros
Excellent compensation package & work parties!!
Cons
No Cons
Resource allocation .
Project planning .

Invoicing .

Customer Escalation .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toshiba Medical?
- Repair laptops
- New hardware and specific software

- Management were productive

- co-workers were professional and cohesive

- The hardest part of the job was packing and sending repairs back

- The most enjoyable part of the job were the challenges and rewards in repairing and solving hardware and software issues
Pros
Challenging work