Total Quality Logistics (TQL)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Total Quality Logistics (TQL) Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,064 reviews

Money>Life

Bottom line: if money is the most important thing to you in life, TQL might be a good fit for you. They are honestly really good at making money, but the trade off is that there is positively no work life balance. Managers have said things like "you really need to be working from 6AM-10PM if you want to be successful here." I also had a regional sales director tell me that the happiest people in the office are the ones that make the most money. Once again, they are good at making money, but if you want to have a healthy relationship with your family or self-care, this is probably not the job for you.

Pros

Fun Office, Potentially High Income, Supportive Team

Cons

No Work Life Balance, Unhealthy Work Expectations, Unrealistic Hours, Weekend Shifts, Random Extra Hour Days

Run like the wind

This job is not a job, it’s a religion and your god is the dollar. They ask you to work unbelievable hours and will likely spin a softened/glamorized version of the job in your interview with the promise of being you own boss (not true), great work/life balance (blatant lie) and a focus on integrity (also incorrect). You will be asked to get up at 3:30 AM to work from home before coming into the office from 6:45 to 4:30 and if you don’t come to work early and stay late/work from home after hours, you are likely to be seen/treated as inferior. But if you know the right people, you might be given success you didn’t earn because somebody in a position of authority plays favorites. This was RAMPANT in my office. Terrible culture, terrible people, terrible job. Run as fast as you can before they train you how to rip people off.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Too numerous to narrow down

Best company environment

Overall great place to work from your coworkers to the company culture. Leadership lacks in all departments other than sales. The GSM (general sales managers) are much more active and engaged than any other management.

Pros

Benefits, culture

Feed them to the wolves

Burn and turn environment. New sales rep are expected to go above and beyond after the initial 6 month boarding process. Prospect 50 -100 companies a week. Make 150 calls per day. Convert at least 4 decent accounts within the year to prove yourself. And once you are burnt out, you are fired for ridiculous reasons and your accounts are handed to another rep that is a favorite amongst the sales leaders.

Pros

free energy drinks and beer

Cons

work weekends and nights

Work hard play hard

TQL is a very fast paced industry. Naturally this makes it competitive in nature. In order to play hard you have to work hard for it. If you put in the work then you will be rewarded.

Chaotic work environment that will hire just about anyone

I have learned a lot from this job experience. That is what I appreciate about this job. Other than that it can be a pretty toxic environment. Your experience will depend on who your mentor is. Be prepared to be responsible for the country's supply chain with a bunch of very young people. Employees will lie and deceive truckers to sell a load and you will be expected to treat truckers in a degrading manner in order to force them to complete the job. Once you are in sales it is every man to himself, people will deceive you in order to have a leg up and you will be getting rejected all day every day, sometimes even cussed out and threatened. It is one thing to say you can handle rejection, it is anther thing to experience this for the majority of your career here. Pay is good for entry level, but then you start to realize you are making less than you are worth, other sales positions pay much more much sooner. I would say the best way to make money here is by getting lucky or knowing someone with freight already. Otherwise you have to snipe (snagging prospects once they fall off another broker's list) early in the morning which they will not tell you about in the interview. This has caused me to lose a lot of sleep and sanity. They also encourage drinking like it is some sort of frat house.

Pros

Great training, good experience in the industry

Cons

They expect you to stay late every day, working saturdays, encourage drinking, sniping outside of office hours, disrupted sleep schedule

Fun environment for new grads but not practical pay/flexibility wise

This is a great place for new grads to build their resume, but it is nothing more than stepping stone job. The pay is embarrassing and there is absolutely no option to work hybrid or remote, which is not realistic in today’s market.

Very amazing opportunity.

I’ve been with TQL since March 2022, and the opportunity here is amazing if you truly want to work, and put in the time. I love being an account rep!!

Productive and fun place

I was only here for a few months due to personal reasons, but it was the best job I ever had. I still recommend it to friends looking for work. I would highly consider returning.

Bad management

Poor management structure wouldn’t recommend to anyone I have ever met. The training structure is heavily weighted toward maintaining their current busy and less about how you can build your own.

"Different"job

Long hours are expected. 40k salary + comm sounds good, until you learn that if you don't work 60 hrs/week you're perceived as "not putting in the extra effort." You're better off getting a comm only job and working smart.

Not professional

This is like working with a bunch of teenagers. Everything is run like a competition instead of everyone working together. People stealing loads out from others. Very stressful. No structure.

Great work environment

People are great and really it’s the only reason I’m still there. It’s a typical sales job and they’re very strict on hitting your metrics. The only downside being there is a ton of favoritism with upper management and only the people they think are “cool”

Benefits are good and potential to grow

Here at my location they can be more diverse in promotions.Has great potential to learn and grow.Good working environment.Lots of smart energetic people.Training isn't for everyone.it is fast learning environment but 1 on 1 is given if needed.

Pros

Employee appreciation

Cons

Training

poor work life balance

Great first job out of college for experience but not worth it the longer I stayed. This job is only worth it if you're making six figures.I would overall recommend staying away as the work-life balance is not worth it.

structure is off. hard to become successful based on the account you start on

lots of college dudes. big brokers get treated more fairly than the smaller ones. hard to be successful if you don’t train with the right broker.

Effort Based-You Still need help

The job is very fast paced and demanding both of you time and attention both at the office and at home. The training is fantastic if you pay attention and ask questions. Whoever mentors you can make or break you. In order to be successful you'll need to drink the kool-aid and go all in.

Was okay. Stressful

It's a sales job. People you talk to for your job are pretty rude usually. Very clique-y workplace. Pay was alright. Expect to have to arrive early and stay late.

Glorified cold call center, extreme stress, Nasty Management

100+ cold calls24/7 work for a base salary $220/month parking across the streetextreme micromanaging wake up at 5am to tag leadswork monday-friday 7:45-5:15 plus saturdaysone week of two hours a day training after workExtreme stresszero job securityOffice politicsAngry truck driversrude customersdemanding managementNon stop turnover rateprosOne free beer every other weekfree coffee

So Far so Good

I’m new to TQL, but the training has been top notch so far. I’ll report back once I have more experience. The training has been excellent so far and management is very helpful.

Pros

Training is excellent

Nah

If you want to work very hard and work long hours then it's for you. Good potential to make a ton of money but tough work. I wouldn't recommend it to most people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Quality Logistics (TQL). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Total Quality Logistics (TQL)