Total Tools
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Total Tools Employee Reviews

Bored. Job wasn't what was described to me in the interview. Found culture to be a bit degrading to certain workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was doing the pricing, but that ended up being only a small percentage of the job
The owner/manager would ask me to do a task, then while I was doing it, he’d come up to me and tell me that’s not what he asked me to do, even though five minutes before, that’s exactly what task he set for me. He made me feel like I wasn’t part of the team. He was a real bully!! This happened a lot. I ended up not getting any hours. And when I would call them to ask about that, I got told the manager would call me back later, and he never did. This happened multiple times!! The team itself was really good though. They knew their stuff, and helped me learn. They all knew about the boss being a bully. I do NOT recommend anyone to work here!!
Pros
The team
Cons
Bully of a manager/owner
The other employees were always in a bad mood. As a new employee, I felt left out and not welcome. Management was good. The hardest part of the job was feeling unhappy at the end of every day. Other Total Tools seemed different but the one I worked at was less than a good experience.
good place to work but mostly casual employment and very spasmodic, some weeks you got a couple of shifts then nothing for a while, not a reliable income
Staff are awesome to work with..but management and franchisees only think of themselves and money,money,money . They say your a friend but your a number and watch out for the knives in your back.....
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Managers and owners dont know how to manage staff
The store owner was one of the most difficult people I’ve ever dealt with. Took pleasure in making employees have the most miserable time possible. Classic workplace bully. I worked there 3 months and saw 12 staff walk out. Do not waste your time.
Total tools is a tools shop, I was a visual merchandiser and I learnt a great deal working there & enjoyed it. and the staff were great and fun to work with.
Unethical employees and poor management and colleague. Not clean and no job security at all. Didn't have a proper work environment. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
There is no job security even when promised and it has very poor management who is unethical and does not recommend working for this company at all. You will regret it.
The employees were extremely unethical and even with a full-time permanent contract they want you for a very short time and very poor and unstable management.
Great work culture and positive environment, good team to work with. Terrible communication with upper management and little to no job security. Great place to work but the management make it hard to work there.
Hard working group. Quality social club. Great people. Certain franchisees can be a challenge. Management - open & approachable. Board - solid leadership.
you're constantly pushed and pushed to do more as there are always 10 more things that need doing. at first you think it will be ok and it will get sorted but it doesn't and when you stop for 5 minutes to gather yourself your seen as being lazy. when you work your already over timed hours and get asked to work even more hours but say no you're out. there seems to be a culture of if you're not sacrificing 95% of your life you're not comitted to the the company and you're moved on for the next employee to suffer similar fates. I loved my job there and at times it was amazing but the upper management ruined it.
Pros
store manager looking after your well being
Cons
shear work load put on you every day.
The owner takes a keen interest in the business and employees but stays out of the way of management in the day to day running of the business, instead, focusing on direction and the future Solid expansion plans in the face of aggressive competition keeps the customers coming back. Whilst commissions aren't paid to salespeople, management tracks individual sales aggressively and pushes hard to improve results
Pros
Relaxed and friendly
Cons
lack of respect from some staff
This job was very enjoyable (at first) the team members are great, and you develop awesome relationships with the fellow team. The problems lay upon the individuals within the higher ranks of the job, such as BDMs. There is little to no consideration when genuinely sick, as well as constant expectation to work longer hours than what you sign for. I enjoyed being apart of a great team, however, cannot recommend working here, as working is not all about making friends, so the work side of things is terrible.
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
No personal life time, long hours, too much over time expectation
Customers are great. Workmates are fantastic. Management are pretty good. Can be a fun place to work. Only issue is we have to talk to the customers every 2 minutes on the dot.
Pros
Great customers and the sales team are wonderful
Cons
Management push to pressure customers
Absolutely loved working here for the short amount of time that I was there. While working at Total Tools, I learnt the skills required for working in a busy office environment. Management for the office at Total Tools was amazing. Easy to get along with. Co-Workers were wonderful. There was nothing hard about working here. Was too enjoyable to be hard. The entire job was enjoyable.
some management supported the growth of their employes. it was great to be apart of the the company's growth with opening another 3 stores