Townsville City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Townsville City Council Employee Reviews

Would enjoy having a full time with the Council.My hardest part of the job is to work in eyes of the public on a daily basis. Being judge by the public all time while attempting to do your daily work competently .
Pros
Free Work Uniform, Ppe, Safety Boots. Sick Leave, Rec Leave & EBA
Cons
Weekend Work & Long Hours
I really enjoyed this job. The team was great, the management team was understanding and accommodating, the customers were wonderful. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
I discovered untoward activities and reported only to be forced out, spent $10000 on solicitors and winning to then seeing other work colleagues put through the same process due to poor mismanagement and a horrible culture within the team.
Townsville Water - diverse work, culture was good, management were supportive and team leader was fair. Training available with support and an overall good place to work
It was a good place to work if you got on the right crew and had a good foreman but at times it was hard turning up for work every day some bosses thought they could punish you for over time bans in which you relied on for a good wage but at times that worked both ways
Pros
9 day fortnight
Cons
wages
If you're not a labor party member/voter …. steer clear. Total lack of integrity and transparency. Forgotten what it means to deliver cost effective services to the community.
This workplace has had a number of narcissists gain positions of power. They set unnecessarily high qualification requirements. They are ageist and discriminate against experiences older people. They made 300 plus people redundant, losing their knowledge base and hiring less capable people at higher rates.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Back stabbing culture
Good people to work with on daily basis and always willing to help you with everyday work duties. If you were not experienced in the workplace duties, use of machinery or protocol of work duties, there was always someone who was willing to give me advice and assist me. The management were fair and reasonably easy to communicate with on a regular basis.
Pros
Short days, early finish times
Cons
Some days were hot and humid.
The Townsville city council was an enjoyable place to work, with staff that where both knowledgable and eager to teach me the trade I was learning, There where flexible work hours on offer
Pros
RDO's
Cons
Not permanent
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Townsville City Council?
at the current time, there were work place restructures among several groups in order to resize strength to facilitate better service. Changes were made on completion of my departure and I am unable to comment
Internal staff members encouraged to celebrate a staff member's milestone (birthday, anniversary, achievements etc...) Internal staff development .
Pros
9 day fortnight
Cons
Can be long hours pending on your work area.
Every day provides me with a constantly busy and varied work life with the opportunity to continue learning while on the job. Townsville City Council has a flexible attitude to work/life balance.
Pros
Fitness Passport and good attitude to health and wellbeing
Cons
Job security can sometimes be an issue
Micro management and performance orientated work environment. Require to ensure law enforcement achieved while finding a balance between achieving KPI's and resolving conflict situations.
Pros
6 day fortnight, Super, sick leave
Cons
Highly stressfull work environment.
Local Government has work - live balance at times. The organisation is going through a whole organisation transformation currently, with many roles being reviewed to streamline the organisation.
During the time that I was employed by the TCC opportunities of advancement were available which I did take advantage of. Continuous education in workplace health and safety, operation of different machinery, change in the workplace culture, the move towards multi tasking and the transition to computer based job administration were all encompassed in a normal working week. The most demanding part of cultural change was the integration of different work crews and central management. In all, working in a team environment was most rewarding.
The work is interesting to do, as you learn about all types of vehicles & plant hire. You learn all types of skills and experience across the department. You can work with all types of people and interact with external and internal customers
Pros
Great place to work for, you get looked after
Cons
Communication
Basic wage and no incentives to stay, trying very hard to better yourself and work your way up, learn more roles and wasn't able due to position descriptions, lack of good management.
Pros
Good worklife balance
Cons
Mob of back stabbing
Got in to doing the work do the job an move on to next section good work ethic !!!!!! If you did your job no complaints !!!! If slacked off you where let go !!!! That was understandable
A voluntary job involving cash handling and greeting customers. Worked as a gate keeper for four hours and enjoyed it. Met a lot of new faces and didn't mind giving up my time.
Townsville City Council put a lot of work into being a good employer, creating a great culture and even going so far as to provide on-site physiotherapy and financial counselling. Managers I dealth with were great and the job was challenging but fantastic.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Lack of job security
good fun produtive,opertunitys to move up within the bisnuse great loylty program most enjoyable was being given good brain thinking work to run and the satisfaction of good neat completed works