Trade Secret Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Trade Secret
Retail Assistant - Accomplishments (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC18 April 2019
Working here was a good learning experience for a young person like me. I got to know how a retail store operated and how it was managed by the staff. I then learnt what Trade Secret meant. The workplace culture was cooperative and postitive. I learnt the many daily tasks when being there for a week of work experience. From security tags and sorting out clothing and new stock. Hardest part would be standing for a very long time I would feel tired after the shift was done. Most enjoyable was meeting new people, learning about retail in general and developing customer service skills. Good place to work overall.
Pros
Cons
Long standing time
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD27 May 2018
Easy cashier systems and end of day routine. Friendly staff, easy to get along with. Fitting rooms is super easy, and answering the phone. Just need to know what line to transfer the customer to, depending on what department they are asking about.
Pros
cheap clothes
Cons
end of day call and customers not listening
Good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW6 July 2017
Customer service and Clothing Handling . restocking & tagging . It was a good experience for my work experience and for it to add to my ever growing list of skills and strengths.
nice work place good people
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrawong NSW15 December 2016
i had the chance to work for trade secret and it was a good expirence
just had bad treatment from the lady manager so i made the chice to leave othere then that it was good
Productive and fun working place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NSW29 August 2015
The employees and the working environment was superb. Enjoyed my time at the company even though there were a few stock complications - as a team we managed to work co-operatively.
Pros
Free Lunches
Your typical work day
Retail Assistant/ Register Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxley25 March 2015
A typical day at work would be to process clothing, put stock out on floor, serve customers at register as well as customers on the store floor. I would be required to have knowledge of brands in order to assist customer with their queries. I was required to keep work stations neat and tidy, and work space clear of any obstacles that could be a hazard to customers and colleagues. Colleagues were helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the day would be trying to finish daily tasks (especially if the list was extensive) and also doing returns and recovery of the particular department I was in for the day. Sometimes the work load would overwhelm me because it was unrealistic to get it done. For example, one daily task planner included processing all stock on bay, putting all processed stock out on floor, merchandising and moving bays around in order to fit stock onto shelves and rails without it being too full or unshoppable, as well as keeping an eye on fitting rooms, making sure the department was neat, returns were put away and recovery was done on department.
The most enjoyable part of the day (apart from home time and lunch breaks) would be interacting with customers, especially the ones that brighten up the day when you know you've got a lot on your plate.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Expectations
welcoming
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains, QLD30 October 2014
this was just work placement while I was doing my cert 2 in retail
productive and worth it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD6 May 2014
A typical day at work for me is processing stock and making sure that we make budget as well as assisting others in their times of need. I have learnt how to handle money, process stock, working together as a team more etc. The management and co workers at my current work place are amazing and I enjoy their company and their styles of learning and working as well as their company and how we work together as a team to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job for my would probably be learning how to do re funds as I have been trained to do refunds but I do struggle sometimes. Trade secret is such a small company run by gazal and you feel like you grow together as a family and it really truly is a blessing that I have a job there.
Pros
Cons
short hours
productive, hard working
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD13 October 2013
A day at work was really long and often tedious and boring. The co-workers were really nice and helpful. I loved working Thursday nights. The hardest part was having constant change in managers.
Pros
food was sometimes provided, manager was fun
Cons
long hours, inconsistent hours, too many mangers in a short time