Trade Secret Management reviews

would never work here again
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale NSW15 January 2019
very slow and boring
learned nothing
management wasn't very good and could be improved massively
people weren't very friendly and each position was it was very separated
Prodcutvie working environment enabling employees and customers to feel appreciated
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW14 May 2017
At work we are easily welcomed into the workplace with which the workplace is easy going and very hygienic in setting. We are able to communicate well with the customers whilst in an open like environment and the store management are very friendly and helpful when giving out advice on the ways to improve our working styles and techniques.
Pros
Listen to music from phone
Cons
Fun place to work but no hours.
Senior Casual Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Waters QLD17 January 2017
I love working for Trade Secret the staff and management seem awesome but the hours is crazy low 1, 3 hour shft a week. Best to have another job aswell if you are looking for some cash.
Pros
good pay, good working team
Cons
not many hours.
Trade Secret
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD9 January 2017
Really good work environment management seemed to be really understanding and co-operative with your circumstances. I can only realistically say that the downfall was job security.
nice work place good people
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrawong NSW15 December 2016
i had the chance to work for trade secret and it was a good expirence
just had bad treatment from the lady manager so i made the chice to leave othere then that it was good
Fun place to learn new things and gain more experience in retail and sales.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD13 October 2016
Learnt how to work registers, have gained experience with customer relations, most enjoyable thing was learning about great ways to efficiently go about the objectives handed out by management.
Pros
Lovely Staff, Great communication
Cons
Little hours on a weekly basis(casual)
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Domain Townsville11 April 2016
Enjoyed working and learning. Management was very understanding and helpful so as was my fellow team members. Was learning more on processing, did not find the job hard in any way was to busy enjoying the learning side of things.
Very Cultural
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Fairfield NSW21 February 2016
- Good Supervisor
- Learnt new things everyday i worked
- Management is excellent
- Co- workers are very helpful and good to work with
- Enjoyable part is meeting new colleagues to help me grow my confidence
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
busy & fun place to work
Retail Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW2 November 2015
I only worked 2 weeks here but thoroughly enjoyed it. I learnt to correctly security tag items of clothing & hang them out on the stock floor. I learnt product displays & worked in the fitting rooms.
The management& staff are understanding & willing to help you out.
Great co-workers to work with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore, QLD18 February 2015
The typical day at Trade Secret would be processing customer sales using eftpos terminals and/or using cash. I would unbox stock at the counter getting it ready to go onto the floor ready to be sold.

I learnt how customer service is always the number 1 priority in retail.

The management that I worked with didn't treat me to the way I would have liked it, resulting in me leaving and looking for another job.

My co-workers were great. They always had a smile on their face and always were knowledgable at what they did.
Fast Paced and Multifaceted
Head of Department (Former Employee) –  Burleigh QLD6 November 2014
A typical day of work included keeping the store tidy and organized, processing stock, putting back returns, working on the cash registers, implementing markdowns, customer service including telephone duties and working with other employees and the manager. I learned how to provide quality customer service, time management skills, how to multitask, how to handle markdowns, stock takes, occurrences of theft or lost children and how to prioritize tasks effectively.

My Manager was very good at Trade Secret, always giving clean instructions and being available if I had any problems or questions. My co-workers too were great and we had a lot of fun helping each other out and working together.

The hardest part of the job was managing to prioritize so many different tasks while being called for help by both customers and co-workers. Maintaining the responsibilities of a department as well as assisting on registers and providing detailed customer service was a challenge, but one I believed I managed to handle quite well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers, who I became good friends with over my time there
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Very Busy and Demanding
productive and worth it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD6 May 2014
A typical day at work for me is processing stock and making sure that we make budget as well as assisting others in their times of need. I have learnt how to handle money, process stock, working together as a team more etc. The management and co workers at my current work place are amazing and I enjoy their company and their styles of learning and working as well as their company and how we work together as a team to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job for my would probably be learning how to do re funds as I have been trained to do refunds but I do struggle sometimes. Trade secret is such a small company run by gazal and you feel like you grow together as a family and it really truly is a blessing that I have a job there.
Pros
Cons
short hours
Challenging but rewarding job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW16 February 2014
This job has been my number one focus since joining the company over 5 years ago. A typical day in my role requires starting at 7am for banking and financial duties. At 9am a team meeting is held with staff to discuss daily tasks and any concerns or queries such as OH&S issues. Staff training, performance reviews and recruitment are regular occurrence's as a manager however the role is also very hands on and often requires back dock and logistics tasks such as unloading trucks, stacking of pallets and accurate management of inventory. The business closes at 5:30 this is when I complete rosters and administration tasks. The business runs at a low cost and sometimes requires extra hours from the management team to ensure all necessary tasks are completed this may mean not leaving until 7-7:30pm. My favourite part about my job is the culture the staff and myself have created. We pride ourselves on our hard work ethic and are results driven however a high level of respect for each other and having a laugh make it a great environment for all involved.

The hardest part of the job is the 72 hour weeks not giving me time for my family and friends.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
Trade Secret, a place to build up your Retail Experience!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ipswich4 December 2013
Trade Secret was my first step into Retail, a day at work such as Thursday Late nights would be hectic and busy. I've learnt to always stay clam and professional when you are under pressure by customers, and that they are always right. At the end of the day, it's the work that's left behind. So we must always keep our customers happy.
The management were great, they were very encouraging and supportive the whole time I worked there. The co workers were friendly and always put pride in their work.
The hardest part of the job was facing with angry customers, but learning how to keep my job professional at all times.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, learning amazing skills that I will carry on for the rest of my life. Retail is AMAZING!
Pros
Good training and friendly staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
Productive, social, professional.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Morayfield.21 October 2013
A typical day at work is usually rushed, we are always busy doing something (which is a good thing). My usual role is processing stock, making decisions for department lay out and stock handling, often I will operate the registers as well. We have job rotations, so everyday is not always the same. I learned skills such as; communication, time management, stock control and my personal growth has developed immensely. My co-workers are almost always friendly and there to help, which is nice. The hardest part about this job is unsatisfied customers, this effects me greatly because I love being able to help people, but if the circumstance is out of my control (for an example: if we do not sell a desired product) I can only apologise and use other sales techniques to brighten the mood with the customer again and possibly still make a sale. The most enjoyable part of this job is working in a positive team and achieving goals together.
Pros
Lovely team, staff discount, positive envronment.
Cons
Unstabel hours, communication errors.