Trade Secret Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun atmosphere
Crew Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW21 September 2016
Trade Secret was always inviting and flexible with their services, they continually let off a lively atmosphere. And I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Inviting environment
Cons
Fun , Friendly staff,great atmosphere.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW27 July 2016
To see the smile's on your team faces everyday as well as having some fun but getting the job done.

Free Lunch for staff
Staff incentives
Staff Pay Rises
Seasonal dress up theme's for that time of event.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work life balance. Good hours
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield NSW18 July 2016
A fun, rewarding and enjoyable workplace. Many departments allow for a lot of experience in different parts of the store.
Pros
Different departments
Cons
Short shifts
Fun place to work, co-workers are great.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankston VIC17 June 2016
I usually enjoy going to work. It is interesting, and gives me something to do. I have learnt many skills such as how to deal with unhappy customers, work in a retail environment & problem solve. My co-workers at this job are always lovely to be around, and always assist with help I need. The hardest part of this job is trying to deal with unhappy customers and try to create a positive experience for them. I find that I can always find a way to get around problems and give customers a good experience when shopping in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great co-workers that I spend time with whilst working. They always have a smile on their face and are helpful to me.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poorly organised rosters
Productive and serious workplace that always focused on the customer
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Logan City QLD16 April 2016
A typical day a trade secret for myself consisted of dealing and helping out each and every customer that walked through those doors. I was the register operator and soon learned that every customer is completely different but you still have to treat them with utter respect so they walk out with smiles on their faces. Within the duration of my employment at Trade Secret, there were different managers that ran the store as they kept on relocating. My co-workers were probably the people that kept me going. We successfully worked as a team and did our daily tasks but we did it knowing that we could rely on one another. The hardest past of the job would be dealing with theft and disruptive customers also trying to manage with the low pay and hours I was receiving after new employees were hired. Overall, Trade Secret did teach me new skills and experiences that I can embed on in the future.
Pros
My team members
Cons
Not enough pay and hours, kept hiring unnecessary employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Domain Townsville11 April 2016
Enjoyed working and learning. Management was very understanding and helpful so as was my fellow team members. Was learning more on processing, did not find the job hard in any way was to busy enjoying the learning side of things.
CUSTOMER SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW22 March 2016
My job involves working in retail while working with customers and clothing. I have learnt the process and rotating of stock and how that is displayed on the shop floor.

Everyone is friendly at Trade Secret.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great work experience
Retail assisstan (Former Employee) –  West Ipswich QLD17 March 2016
I got to experience what it was like to work in retail. I really enjoyed it, I would love to work properly in retail. I loved helping thee customers and seeing what stock was bought by the store.
Very Cultural
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Fairfield NSW21 February 2016
- Good Supervisor
- Learnt new things everyday i worked
- Management is excellent
- Co- workers are very helpful and good to work with
- Enjoyable part is meeting new colleagues to help me grow my confidence
Pros
Good people to work with
good work good people
Back dock hand/sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 February 2016
good easy work nice people to work with got along with the manger but are not reliable for shifts but have no problem changing shifts to meet you're needs
Pros
nice people
Cons
not reliable for shifts
i enjoyed working at trace secret
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macgregor, QLD6 November 2015
it was a kind of job that put pressure and that pressure will help you to be more stainable on working environment. it was a great opportunity and i gain experiences on how to deal with costumers and making sure that they are satisfied
busy & fun place to work
Retail Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW2 November 2015
I only worked 2 weeks here but thoroughly enjoyed it. I learnt to correctly security tag items of clothing & hang them out on the stock floor. I learnt product displays & worked in the fitting rooms.
The management& staff are understanding & willing to help you out.
Productive and fun working place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NSW29 August 2015
The employees and the working environment was superb. Enjoyed my time at the company even though there were a few stock complications - as a team we managed to work co-operatively.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very Productive place to work for
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxley, QLD18 May 2015
Company is based on clothing so a lot of clothing is pushed to the floor for sale, there is always something new to learn with merchandising and customer service. Hardest part of the job can be keeping up sometimes, being the departments are big to manage and having to manage more than 1 department can be a little overwhelming at times but being as you work in a team there is always help available. The best thing with retail is no day is the same, always something different do to.
Hard work
Retail (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD30 April 2015
Help customers with sizes and finding clothes, Worked on the Till, cleaned necessary areas, processed stock. The most enjoyable part of the day was talking with customers and meeting new faces, hardest part was helping unhappy customers.
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Not Long Enough Hours
Your typical work day
Retail Assistant/ Register Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxley25 March 2015
A typical day at work would be to process clothing, put stock out on floor, serve customers at register as well as customers on the store floor. I would be required to have knowledge of brands in order to assist customer with their queries. I was required to keep work stations neat and tidy, and work space clear of any obstacles that could be a hazard to customers and colleagues. Colleagues were helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the day would be trying to finish daily tasks (especially if the list was extensive) and also doing returns and recovery of the particular department I was in for the day. Sometimes the work load would overwhelm me because it was unrealistic to get it done. For example, one daily task planner included processing all stock on bay, putting all processed stock out on floor, merchandising and moving bays around in order to fit stock onto shelves and rails without it being too full or unshoppable, as well as keeping an eye on fitting rooms, making sure the department was neat, returns were put away and recovery was done on department.
The most enjoyable part of the day (apart from home time and lunch breaks) would be interacting with customers, especially the ones that brighten up the day when you know you've got a lot on your plate.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Expectations
Great team to work for.
department head for ladies wear (Former Employee) –  Albury, NSW4 March 2015
This by far was my best job i ever had, we had the best team and great hours.
But due to my circumstances i am now looking for a casual position and unfortunately Trade Secret didn't have one available.
I am available to work any day.
Cons
Great hours
Great co-workers to work with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore, QLD18 February 2015
The typical day at Trade Secret would be processing customer sales using eftpos terminals and/or using cash. I would unbox stock at the counter getting it ready to go onto the floor ready to be sold.

I learnt how customer service is always the number 1 priority in retail.

The management that I worked with didn't treat me to the way I would have liked it, resulting in me leaving and looking for another job.

My co-workers were great. They always had a smile on their face and always were knowledgable at what they did.
mostly recovery items and housekeeping
Work experience (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NSW31 December 2014
mostly helping all departments, housekeeping, recovery items
Fast Paced and Multifaceted
Head of Department (Former Employee) –  Burleigh QLD6 November 2014
A typical day of work included keeping the store tidy and organized, processing stock, putting back returns, working on the cash registers, implementing markdowns, customer service including telephone duties and working with other employees and the manager. I learned how to provide quality customer service, time management skills, how to multitask, how to handle markdowns, stock takes, occurrences of theft or lost children and how to prioritize tasks effectively.

My Manager was very good at Trade Secret, always giving clean instructions and being available if I had any problems or questions. My co-workers too were great and we had a lot of fun helping each other out and working together.

The hardest part of the job was managing to prioritize so many different tasks while being called for help by both customers and co-workers. Maintaining the responsibilities of a department as well as assisting on registers and providing detailed customer service was a challenge, but one I believed I managed to handle quite well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers, who I became good friends with over my time there
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Very Busy and Demanding