Trade Secret Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Work Experience Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt, NSW4 November 2014
- Tagging Products
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains, QLD30 October 2014
this was just work placement while I was doing my cert 2 in retail
fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads, QLD28 October 2014
Unloading trucks, working as a team, maintaining a clean and maintained dock, processing invoices, forklift operation, opening and closing of store, merchandising
productive and worth it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD6 May 2014
A typical day at work for me is processing stock and making sure that we make budget as well as assisting others in their times of need. I have learnt how to handle money, process stock, working together as a team more etc. The management and co workers at my current work place are amazing and I enjoy their company and their styles of learning and working as well as their company and how we work together as a team to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job for my would probably be learning how to do re funds as I have been trained to do refunds but I do struggle sometimes. Trade secret is such a small company run by gazal and you feel like you grow together as a family and it really truly is a blessing that I have a job there.
Pros
Cons
short hours
Challenging but rewarding job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW16 February 2014
This job has been my number one focus since joining the company over 5 years ago. A typical day in my role requires starting at 7am for banking and financial duties. At 9am a team meeting is held with staff to discuss daily tasks and any concerns or queries such as OH&S issues. Staff training, performance reviews and recruitment are regular occurrence's as a manager however the role is also very hands on and often requires back dock and logistics tasks such as unloading trucks, stacking of pallets and accurate management of inventory. The business closes at 5:30 this is when I complete rosters and administration tasks. The business runs at a low cost and sometimes requires extra hours from the management team to ensure all necessary tasks are completed this may mean not leaving until 7-7:30pm. My favourite part about my job is the culture the staff and myself have created. We pride ourselves on our hard work ethic and are results driven however a high level of respect for each other and having a laugh make it a great environment for all involved.

The hardest part of the job is the 72 hour weeks not giving me time for my family and friends.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
A cool place with nice people
work experience (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains, QLD22 January 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was customer service
co workers worked immensely hard.
I learned the way people operated there.
Trade Secret, a place to build up your Retail Experience!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ipswich4 December 2013
Trade Secret was my first step into Retail, a day at work such as Thursday Late nights would be hectic and busy. I've learnt to always stay clam and professional when you are under pressure by customers, and that they are always right. At the end of the day, it's the work that's left behind. So we must always keep our customers happy.
The management were great, they were very encouraging and supportive the whole time I worked there. The co workers were friendly and always put pride in their work.
The hardest part of the job was facing with angry customers, but learning how to keep my job professional at all times.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, learning amazing skills that I will carry on for the rest of my life. Retail is AMAZING!
Pros
Good training and friendly staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
safe, respect and good environment
work experience (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW20 November 2013
it was really busy and it was a good environment to be working in.
everyone is respectful towards each other and to the customers and the customers were respectful towards the workers.
It was a slow paced working environment.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains7 November 2013
It was good, always have something to do when the store was dead.
Productive, social, professional.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Morayfield.21 October 2013
A typical day at work is usually rushed, we are always busy doing something (which is a good thing). My usual role is processing stock, making decisions for department lay out and stock handling, often I will operate the registers as well. We have job rotations, so everyday is not always the same. I learned skills such as; communication, time management, stock control and my personal growth has developed immensely. My co-workers are almost always friendly and there to help, which is nice. The hardest part about this job is unsatisfied customers, this effects me greatly because I love being able to help people, but if the circumstance is out of my control (for an example: if we do not sell a desired product) I can only apologise and use other sales techniques to brighten the mood with the customer again and possibly still make a sale. The most enjoyable part of this job is working in a positive team and achieving goals together.
Pros
Lovely team, staff discount, positive envronment.
Cons
Unstabel hours, communication errors.
productive, hard working
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD13 October 2013
A day at work was really long and often tedious and boring. The co-workers were really nice and helpful. I loved working Thursday nights. The hardest part was having constant change in managers.
Pros
food was sometimes provided, manager was fun
Cons
long hours, inconsistent hours, too many mangers in a short time
Good environment
Retail (Former Employee) –  Warrawong, NSW25 September 2013
I like the workplace because it was a nice, clean and safe environment with very nice people, it also had good hours.
Pros
good amount of time during lunch breaks
Cons
Standing on feet all day
productive and good team to work with.
Dock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macgregor, QLD22 June 2013
Receiving goods off the delivery drivers. Storing them in bays marked with dates to ensure the flow of work.
Count the stock, Process ( ticket and security tag if needed).
Enter the invoices into computer.
Deal with any discrepancies.( contact supplier if needed for short supply)
Learnt to work as a team.
Co workers were great people.
Enjoyed all aspects of the job.
The best job I have!~
register (Current Employee) –  Chatswood23 March 2013
Everything is perfect, just I need to work moreeeee~

The most enjoyable part of the job is doing register!~
Pros
good pay
Cons
cannot work as much as i can!