Transdev
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Transdev:

Transdev Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews
I was hired on the cusp of 'Female Interjection", 2004/05 to increase the Genda equality. Training provided, then 'Buddy system' then out you go. Total 4-6 weeks.

Enjoyed meeting a plethora of cultures, ages and personalities, did not enjoy 'hostilities from 'homeless, street and troubled minded peoples.

Did not enjoy the idea, that at any time, anyone could be stabbed, bombed, spat on and abused physically, verbally, also mentally and I found having a cage was not the solution only that it exasperated the onslaught and isolated the loneliness further, creating a more heightened emotion of 'mental anguish' as there was no escape from the cab.

The idea that 'The driver' and ONLY the driver was fully responsible for 'every situation' whilst in the drivers seat, weighed heavily on shoulders and perpetuated the belief that something negative and untoward would happen and by thinking so, put into motion realism of accidents occurring.

More relaxation Techniques need to be implemented and more Back-up provided. Being left out to dry alone without fellow co-workers and management not believing and wiping clean records so as to be rid of a 'ball breaker' was, so say the least, very sad. I felt very betrayed and forgotten about. I hope that my service was not in vain. Thank you for the gold star of customer service excellence 2016 and the 'kiss off'

Transdev lost a real Diamond in the ruff
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Stress, sickness
Nice and realax area to work with
Help us to deal with lots of people who give you stress on road

And help you to achieve the goal toO

And we can meet lots of different people
Management has no proper transport experience. They only care about KPIs it customers or ground staff. Even their training they called it journey maker academy. Words don’t make safe drivers proper training and procedures and running times which many drivers sai haven’t changed for 10 years
Pros
Yes you can make a good wage.
Cons
Management are only for themselves. They love butt kissing.
Productive and fun place to work.

During the tenure, my key responsibilities were included but not limited to the following:

• Professional Bus Driver

• Buses Fuel Management

• Ticket Machine Management and Maintenance

• Buses Change-Over

• Emergency Shift Coverage
Not a very pleasant environment,

Management had racist overtones.

They seem more interested in reaching targets and competing for new routes.

And not interested in there staff
A typical day at work as split shift was start early in the morning (about 5 or 6 am), drove about 4 hours, then have a break for 2 to 3 hours, then drove another 3-4 hours in the afternoon,
Managers only talk to you when you have some problems.

The hardest part of the job was try to remember the new routes almost every 2 weeks which is very hard for new drivers.Still remember my first time route 370 back and forth 7 times in the afternoon, it was winter and gets dark after 5.30pm, up the mountain you can't see, you had to feel when to turn, it was pretty frightening.

The most enjoyable part of the job was during the break make jokes about the mistakes you made about driving with others.
Pros
Driving an empty bus still get paid.
Cons
On freeway you realise your left hand side of mirror has gone.
Good place to work, learning bus routes can be challenging for some people. You feel a but underpaid as trainee but once you are full timer you can earn well with overtime. The culture is very collaborative. Most of the people are helpful and easy to work with.
Good buses not all the manager are really nice to drivers All over it’s one of the best bus company in Nsw and good pay accordingly over time if you want to
Transdev used to be a great place to work and I was proud to work there, but with constantly changing Senior managers who make poor decisions the place went downhill rapidly.
Constant restructuring created disharmony in the workplace, with a lot of good people losing their jobs

Stress in the middle management team is common and they’ll let you work yourself into the ground and still expect more
Good company with solid benefits and good management team

They were fair and the depot manager was very calm and steady

The shifts were flexible when needed
Too much politics never get to use my qualification and experience to full potential. Older workers are undermined by younger and new managers. Fair treatment is long way away for this company. Overseas managers have no idea about Australian culture. Wasted my time pushing myself over the limit. Fake appreciation, who you know not what you know. Mmanager
I efficiently assist Head of Projects with daily administrative tasks, project governance and overview of project portfolio, audit all the IT documents existed at Transdev SharePoint site and help project manager to implement a new PPM system (Hadrone) for a three-month period.
Found defects ,missed by fellow mechanics (these vehicles carry are children) covered up because of who they were... & know....& not offered a new contract.
Pros
Good w, shop
Cons
Foreman, so called supervisors
I have been working with Transdev from 2013 and have no regrets
lots of helpful and friendly staff and the group of drivers at my depot are the best love my driving and would encourage any one who would like to be a bus driver.
Pros
An occasional barbecue a pool table and lots of card playersBu
Cons
Average hours
good working environment in which i have gained the knowledge and skills to work in other companies. I have gained good communication skills and the skills and knowledge required to be a bus driver.
Pros
good environment
Cons
n/a
no comment at all about Transdev I do not wish to make any comments
I need 150 characters to ensure this point is passed so I just need to type to ensure I make the minimum amount
Can someone explain to me what would be a good reason not to take inexperienced bus driver( 15 years) and 62 year-old or 62 year young
With good driving records
Havent had a reply to Salary and benefits inquiries as yet and the only reason didnt give top stars. Otherwise found the company and diversity and range of sectors and different divisions and opportunities working for them seems and looks good on paper with the information provided on their webpage very well put together descriptive informative and plentiful.
I need something more reliable. The need to be flexible and that's why I like shift work. The work is very safety based and needs to be as you are carrying passengers.
Management trying to get rid of full time drivers to cut costs. The more casuals and part timers the better for them. Drivers are not seen as humans. Managers seem to be trained at puppy school. Yes they are dogs.
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
Lose your dignity and go crazy
Has a good work/life roster
Always pushing safer work place with regular up dates and meeting about safe work place practices

Easy to meet management and talk about issues
Pros
Good start finish times
Cons
At times can feel lost and only a number