Transport Accident Commission
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Transport Accident Commission Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
Workplace culture is a breath of fresh air compared to retail. Management are supportive and caring.
Lots of information supplied regarding what the TAC is upto.

Communication is fairly free flowing.
Pros
Personable
I would recommend working for this company as their contributions back to the community are amazing and not always visible to outsiders. Their current CEO is fantastic to work for and has a tremendous amount of respect for the people who work for him.
Great place to work for the first two years when I was under the safety net of being a trainee, then coming out onto contractual work I definitely felt like a 'resource' not an employee.
Pros
Some fantastic managers
Cons
A few poor managers that brings the name through the dirt
No two days were ever the same. I displayed the ability to be flexible and adapt to each changing situation and the demands being made by clients / medical providers. In this role you had to have excellent communication skills as you would be dealing with internal TAC/Worksafe staff as well as external medical providers. I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with clients and showed empathy and understanding regarding their circumstances and I did not rush them when they had a query regarding their case / medical appointments / reimbursement / or general enquiries. Working within such a large Government organisation gave me great insight into how such a business operated and where each relevant department sat within the company which enabled any redirecting of calls to ensure the client / medical providers spoke to the right people without prolonging their call or time. The Team Leaders / Case Managers were excellent! The were accessible at all times and willing to give advice or support to any enquiries.
Pros
Excellent work facilities, centrally located
Cons
Non that I can identify
I loved every minute employed with the TAC. They gave me so many things including a variety of skills and confidence to believe in growing and always learning. Being the best Social Insurer in Australia they have such a great vision and mission statement that I totally stood by.
Overall from what time I was working there it is a great environment. Would very much like to have a position there, Free fruit one a week is a bonus. Like any company there are good and bad - just depends on your attitude and team
Pros
Free Fruit
The time i spent working with the TAC was highly enjoyable, with a constant push to better the workplace and employees, but in a very passive and supportive way.

Everyone was friendly, even the CEO was very approachable and took time to speak to everyone he could.

The workplace had many options of support networks and flexibility to aid employees that needed it.
Pros
Many Divisional activities, tight teams, friendly employees, many support networks.
I am proud to work for the TAC. The organisation genuinely and proactively works towards reducing deaths and serious injuries on the roads and strongly believes in looking after people who are victims of transport accidents.

I see a direct link between the strategic and operational role that I have in managing the business administration and the outcomes for clients and Victorian road users. The most difficult part of my role is managing the expectations of staff. For many young people, the business is there to serve their needs rather than the other way around. This brings with it certain challenges around rights, expectations and boundaries which need to reset on occasion.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing client's lives improve and knowing that I contributed to that.
Pros
Excellent CEO. Great values
Cons
Managing expectations regarding administration policies
Great people to work with
Very busy atmosphere.

High job quality and team work

All employees respect each other well

welcoming customers.

Clear rules/regulations are given
Caon only comment on my time there before the move to Geelong. It was a geat place to work adn tghe people were great. The culture generated a family atmosphere adn yoou enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Located in Melbourne
Cons
moved to geelong
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transport Accident Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2