Transport for NSW Employee Reviews

Depends what part of Transport NSW you work
Road Occupancy Assessor (Data Entry Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Eveleigh17 March 2019
I worked for the TMC in Road Occupancy and although I really enjoyed my job, the work environment became very catty. I wont get into too much detail, but I would only recommend working with a mixture of genders (male and female) and make sure that you can focus on your own job without having to socialize with your co-workers.

I was at times patronized to and the management had mixed information for us to follow.

Most of the TMC are fantastic to work with and I would recommend working there, but the specific area I was in was quite toxic and I would still be there if I had ONE manager to follow and we were all treated with respect.
Pros
Job Satisfaction and Salaries
Cons
Company Cuture
Worked in an excellent team environment
SAP, ITS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 February 2019
Most enjoyable was being able to resolve issues within reasonable timeframe and have happy customers. Each day was different as issues were always different
Good experience working in State Government
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW9 January 2019
Its always good to have an open mind and embrace all experiences. Enjoy the role to move onto more experiences. Learning is the key to life and meeting new people and listening too their stories.
Pros
a job
Positive Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW1 January 2019
Great team, good culture, very friendly environment.
Flexible working hours, a very diverse range of callers so the job always kept you on your feet.
Great team leaders who were very helpful
One of the best departments to work for. Friendly and activity based workplace
Business Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 December 2018
Always very busy with loads of priority work and plenty of room for innovation. Management is supportive of ideas but does not always have the delegated authority to make decisions. The culture is collaborative and respectful of all diversity groups. The hardest part of the job was managing resources and new project and the most enjoyable was the open environment and friendly people.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for growth, can have a long career path
Cons
Comes with all the rules and policies of a government department
Complex environment
Senior ITS Analyst/Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW19 December 2018
Transport for NSW is the centrepiece of a reshaped transport cluster. It is responsible for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to deliver improved Transport outcomes.
It is a very complex environment which consists of six different agencies. Each agencies have different type of Operation Systems, processes ,escalation method and applications.
Pros
flexible working hours
An OK place to work, if you have connections
Manager Customer Satisfaction Research (Former Employee) –  Research VIC30 September 2018
I found working at Transport for NSW very frustrating as I was overqualified for my role and never given the opportunity to step up to a level where my experience and skills could be put to better use. This was despite my numerous efforts to find new positions through the recruitment process and requests to senior managers for opportunities. Instead, I saw numerous other people with less skills and experience handed positions due to their connections.
Great Place
SAP Transition to Support Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pitt Street NSW23 September 2018
I have been with Transport for 2 years. Sometime work pressure is bit high but it is still great place to work. Good team work, good leadership team and support. I have given lot of flexibility and opportunities to learn new things and helped me to develop my career. Organisation promotes new ideas and provides required support for improvement.Transport strongly beliefs in people are transport’s most valuable resource. Every day our customers rely on us to manage a transport system that gets them safely to and from work or play, that gets their goods from A to B and helps them enjoy NSW
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
No agility and senior management protective of reputations; given the huge capital outlay programs ($17B), this attitude creates friction and therefore comes at significant expense to taxpayers.
Pros
Location - near Airport, easy to fly in fly out
Cons
Little drive or interest in finding better ways to do things
Nepotism and incompetence rampant
Transport Commander (Former Employee) –  Eveleigh NSW8 July 2018
Favoritism, persecution, bullying and harassment run unchecked. Some good training opportunities. Most competent managers retired or resigned. New management ignorant or incompetent. No longer the place to be, will probably have remaining pieces absorbed into Transport Coordination in the next few years.
Pros
good location
Cons
corruption unchecked
Working at Transport for NSW
Senior Project Manager - Configuration & Change (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2018
A solid company to work for. Good leadership. Excellent work life balance. Comfortable culture. Rook to grow in your chosen career. Sometimes process focused.
Collaboration, respect and dynamic team
Finance Officer, Infrastructure and services (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 February 2018
Check my diary start with the most necessary and urgent duties
Motivated and positive all the time Find suitable solutions
Manage all duties and activities accordingly, time frame
Respect and acknowledge diversity The hardest time when I forget myself in working without noticing the time.The most enjoyable part, when everything done accurate and on time and
Pros
Flexible working hours
Good to gain experience but too much politics
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 January 2018
There are many very experienced and passionate individuals to work with which makes TfNSW a great place to gain some experience. However the management does not have a genuine interest in developing a culture based on performance and high quality outcomes. Instead the management focus on positioning themselves to progress their careers and doing whatever they believe will gain them some attention.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Limited progression, not based on performance
contractor
Data Entry Operator (contract) (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW19 January 2018
As a contractor i was a data entry for the bus pass section which was really excellent. this role was labor intensive and very tiring. i have learnt how to pace myself and how not to sit in front of a computer for to long.
Cons
no view or windows
Professional
Spatial Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 November 2017
It's a great to work. People are caring and understand.The most enjoyable part of the job you will learn lots of things off professional as well as social in very cool way.
Pros
You will enjoy every day.
good overall experience
Senior Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW21 October 2017
Good exposure of different work scopes. Opportunity to push for a change in safety Culture. High-Level interaction with Stake Holders, with opportunity to challenge and suggest best pratice.
Pros
good opportunity to grow
Cons
good balance
culture within needs facelift
Contract and Schemes Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW8 October 2017
The culture within this organisation was at the time very clucky. The work was enjoyable but due to the impending restructure the employees were very negative about the future prospects. As a contractor i was made to feel like an outsider and was told quite regularly that i was only temporary.
New project created for Regional Trains to deploy better trains
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 July 2017
Check email, organise office to run smoothly. I am the first point of contact. Pick up news papers every day, pick up mail and parcels from building manager. Diary management, book meeting rooms, phone calls. Arrange events.
Managers are very professional, respectful
Culture is great
The hardest part it to juggle the meeting room
Working with the lovely people in the office
Pros
It is a job with lovely people
Cons
It is a contract job and not sure if they will extend my contract.
RTO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 March 2017
Contract ended - I choose to move on as the culture was not the right fit for me. Contract ended 30 July 2016.

All in all this role was great but the management culture was tough to work within
Best Supervisor. Clear instructions and expectations. Caring for our safety and well being. Respectfully Professional.
Customer Service - Wayfinder (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW2 March 2017
Cheerful morning greetings with management, supervisors and colleagues. Clear work guidelines and expectations articulated by supervisors. Worked and delivered to expectations.
Learnt: pleasant professionalism with empathy in delivering solutions to customers' enquiries appeased irate customers and won happy customers'. Impressive Management presence at street level to be in touch with the real scenarios. Workplace culture supportive and caring. No hard part of this job. Look forward to attend every rostered day. Most enjoyable part of the job...team interaction and thankful customers.
Pros
Coffee breaks
Cons
Cold winter mornings out on street level.