Travel Money Oz
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Travel Money Oz Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Love working for TMOZ as it's part of Flight Centre and I get to still talk about travel to my clients. Have great support within the area when needed.
amazing workplace with good people get to learn lots of things and always have lots of support when i first started its hard but once you get the hang of it its amazing
Enjoyed my work, need more support with more training before throwing people in the deep end by themselves to run a business. Great customers, i loved helping people with getting their needs met and putting a smile on there face. Great people to work with.
Loved working here as I got to meet people from all works not life and no two days were same. The atmosphere of working in a shopping centre is so different to working in a office. Would love to go back.
Management are rude, aggressive, threatening, constantly inform staff that they can be terminated, they lie, spy on staff and are incompetent. This company is all about creating an environment where staff are made to feel worthless and disposable. Staff are often yelled at, swore at and berated by management. If you are thinking about joining Travel Money Oz, do yourself a big favor and DON'T, this would have to be the worst company to work for in the world. If you want to be treated like complete scum, then this is the place for you.
stop if you enjoy your freedom then don't do it
under paid

management are hopeless

area leaders have no idea

if your sick its your problem to fix

no staff that will help

your training isn't great as the manager will be out the back on TAB they loves to gamble on the horses during work time
Fun, open and welcoming work culture that allows you to thrive in your own field. Management is incredibly encouraging and willing to accommodate flexible work arrangements.

Company itself has plenty of perks including monthly buzz nights and a yearly ball.

If you work hard and prove your worth, the company will go above and beyond to support your endeavours and ensure you are happy.
Workplace culture is incredible, great people around you and challenging work. Lots of fun social events and head office has a slide and a cafe/bar. Best job I've had.
I have gained a knowledge of financial instruments and have gained a know how of the market. Now I can claim that I have an experience of exchanging currencies and calculating the differences of the amounts.
I love working here because, my other TL work mates are so helpful. Every time we have our meeting so happy to see each other. My work place in closer to home
Need to count till and safe daily, keep up to date with training/regulations, remember the products and how to squeeze them in to conversations, have impeccable data entry and serve every customer with a smile...sounds easy and it can be if the customer is open to having a chat and discussing products that we offer. Hard part of this job is the amount of people who think that because they ask, they should get a better rate than what the business buys the currency at. Having said that, we once we explain why they can't, most customers are happy. Good parts of this job are the targets are relatively easy if in a moderately busy shop and the rewards are awesome such as a paid trip to a different destination each year for the weekend and of course the commission.
Pros
Great discounts on holidays and FX
Cons
Lots to remember products and regulation wise
Very nice colleges
Meet different people from various countries

Very interesting

Good management

Relax workplace

Over 60 currencies to learn

I prefer to join in the family again
The job overall is enjoyable with the right people that you work with however recognition of good work and dedication to job is hard to get. Training for the job is straight forward for people who are good with numbers and learning things quickly otherwise it can be hard. Expectations for new beginners starting out are high which makes the job full on sometimes. Workplace culture is lacking as there isnt much direct support from people above team leaders. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide people with a necessity when travelling and seeing them come back with a smile every time due to customer service delivered
Travel Money Oz offers some great opportunities and benefits, with fun co-workers and parties. Working at Travel Money Oz was an amazing experience.
There was a fantastic team spirit, great brand and company ethos.

The team members where very helpful and encouraging and there was always a positive work environment.
Commission structure on a low percentage rate, based on store profitability which is subject to Management's discretion
Travel money is a well known so job security is there. The job is easy going workers were easy going. Great perks and staff to come to gather each month.