Travelex
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Travelex Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews
Training is offered upon starting which is great, work place is drained with a lot of people within the company leaving due to stress.
Company restructures every week which is sad as those who have been with the company for years loose their jobs, only for the company to reinstate the role.
jody(inventory manager) is very hierarchically structured and discourage lower level employees from providing input up the chain. she will never clear the things on the time and in my training period she was always busy in doing all her work on time she never trained me properly.
i always ask her about the splitting currencies and she was always replying be back( its very easy .you will learn it very easy)as result in my three months period i was just counting the money

in end she said you are not the right person for this job

politics were involved, I wasn’t a part of it. But I felt some element of compitition in the air, which made me wary.

SHAME ON THIS COMPANY
Travelex has always been a market innovator and disruptor. The entrepreneurial spirit of Lloyd Dorfman can easily be felt and during my time there, I had always been impressed with the nimbleness of this large private equity firm
Workplace culture was good, being shift work it was a perfect match with family adjustments. Helpful peer and managers. Hardest part was the full on busy environemnt being at the Airport.
Really great environment, working at Melbourne Airport. The management and team members are very supportive. They are all about career growth, especially if you want to become a leader.
Interract with different clients everyday in a high-paced airport location. I was in charge of my own stall which I operated like my own business - held accountable for the running of the business including opening and closing balances and reports where I would analyze my own perfromance at the end of every shift.
Pros
Work autonomously with minimal supervision
It’s good in terms of salary and benefit due to airport location, but more of partial culture while it comes to allocating duties or resolving issues. I have learnt a lot due to busy and ongoing - incoming crowd of visitors from worldwide. It was very fast paced environment and helped me build the skills to work under pressure. I loved my duties and sincerely served the needs of company and customers. Unfortunately many of us of staff had to face similar issues due to the dominance of old staff and partial treatment of managers, as they lost many of the good staff due to favouritism. But I do respect my work I was allocated with because it made me learn a lot and deal with hard situations remaining calm and work smoothly to achieve professional growth.
Pros
Learn from dealing with all types of customers from all over the world
Cons
Full of Favouritism culture, managers incompetent
- No life/work balance as you are manipulated to pick up shifts
- Bonuses only are given to full time emplyees

- Working alone

- Stressful being accountable for a lot of currencies

- Poor management structure as managers don't care about you... only if you reach targets

- Very little room for career progression, but kind of possible

- Low pay for the work you are doing

- Can't adjust exchange rate/commissions which result in rude customers

- Very little security in store for off-airport stores

- no acknowledgement for effort

- High employee turnover, always hiring

- Receive full-funded banking accreditation after 6 months

- They hire anyone, EVEN if you have no experience. They just don't want stores unattended.

- Targets are unachievable and unrealistic
Pros
Job security, staff discount, banking accreditation
Cons
Long hours, bad management structure, stressful
Ive been working with TravelEx, for roughly 6 months. Would not recommend to work here, poor management. Really dont care about their workers. Do not apply.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Management is not good
Serving customers wanting to exchange money for overseas & or wanting to use a Travel card for safety & ease. Balancing over 50 different currencies. Self taught - new online programs. High stress...in speed & precise accuracy. Pure joy in meeting lovely customers...& providing excellent service.
Pros
sometimes...bonuses
Cons
Long hours...
I worked alone,I found there was a lack of support as management would never answer the phone when needed.Apart from that,staff in other stores were quite helpfull.
Pros
customer contact and learnt alot about foreign currency and travel destinations
Cons
lack of support
Retail based sector. great way of communicating as this is customer service based role. well organised team management. Very helpful with training facilities.
Pros
Training Facilities
Cons
Shift working and roster duty
Department heads working together as a Team, brings out the success of a great organisation.
A very strong Learning and Development Team.

A fun team culture.
Pros
Workplace culture
Each day is different, opportunity for advancement if you put yourself forward. Great colleagues. Remuneration could be better along with communication for upper management as to advise business of what is happening
Processing all international funds transfers for Australian and NZ branches.
High volumes on a daily basis.

Daily contact with internal and external customers.

Great management and team environment.
Team leaders can be very strict. Good to be working at the airport, lots of people to meet. Good to be familiar with diff currencies.Early starts, early finished too.
Loved meeting new people• Opening & closing of store
• Customer service

• Bulk AUD & Foreign currency Cash handing

• Product information and Sales

• Referral Targets

• Crediting company’s client accounts

• Making crediting client’s money change orders

• Store targets and KPI’s

• International bank transfers
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
not good if u have kids
A typical work day for me begins early in morning at 4:30 am
Usually its a busy day, with lots customer interactions, phone calls and foreign exchange transactions.

I have learned to upsell foreign currency and related products to a variety of international customers.

I am constantly interacting and collaborating with my colleagues and management to solve issues and matters arising from my daily activities.

The most difficult part of the job is when there is a slow influx of customers and the revenue is affected.

One of the pleasant part of my job is when the customers are satisfied and leave the store with a smile.
Working at the International airport, each day is different. Put together with the amazing staff employed by Travelex and the management team the work environment is amazing to work in.

The hardest part is conversing in different languages with different people from all over the world and that is also one of the most enjoy exciting parts of the job. The downside is the growth within the company and the reimbursement packages are fairly low.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
I have gained vast knowledge about sales and customer service. the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with different customer in different day.
The company and staff were very welcoming, professional and a pleasure to work for. It was good to liaise with both traders and customers in order to help them meet their business requirements and it was a wholly positive experience.
Pros
Location in Sydney
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelex. Our community is ready to answer.